Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

It's not a lack of understanding.

It's a deliberate campaign of misinformation.

The second feeds the first.

And if this forum is any useful indication, objective fact-based informing cannot pierce the veil of bias maintained by the second, towards mitigating the first, either.

Trust in popular Yorkshire wisdom: one still cannot educate pork.

20 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

What's your thoughts on trump suggesting, on camera, at a press conference that the NHS is absolutely on the table on a US/UK trade deal?

What's your thoughts?

In a wide-ranging interview with Good Morning Britian's Piers Morgan today, Donald Trump opened up about what he really thinks about Meghan Markle following his "nasty" comments, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and his fondness for Winston Churchill. 

The Republican firebrand also rowed back on comments he made during a joint press conference with Theresa May where he said the NHS would be "on the table" during post-Brexit trade talks. 

He said “I don’t see it being on the table” as the NHS was “something that I would not consider part of trade”.

I wonder if he even knew what the NHS was the first time around, it seemed like a fairly generic statement.

Get the feeling someone had a word in his ear about it all.

Given that he's an inveterate liar I don't think that we can trust a word that comes out of his mouth anyway.

44 minutes ago, geared said:

I wonder if he even knew what the NHS was the first time around, it seemed like a fairly generic statement.

Get the feeling someone had a word in his ear about it all.

Nigel went to see him yesterday. I suspect he told him to row back on the NHS would be part of any trade deal comments as it will make people nervous about brexit.

It will absolutely be back on the table during any trade negotiations.

4 hours ago, L00b said:

The second feeds the first.

And if this forum is any useful indication, objective fact-based informing cannot pierce the veil of bias maintained by the second, towards mitigating the first, either.

I guess that Yorkshire people not wanting to be ruled by a remote, out of touch elite in Brussels means little to you. 

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

Like Nigel, I hear that he also eats babies.

Maybe  " is a former business partner "  is a clue. More false news.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

5 hours ago, L00b said:

Calling 50% plus if the county 'pork' is good enough reason to feed the alienation already there.

And it's 'you can't educate pork' btw.

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

How is the tweet being (by your own admission) 100% accurate, false news?

5 hours ago, retep said:

What's your thoughts?

In a wide-ranging interview with Good Morning Britian's Piers Morgan today, Donald Trump opened up about what he really thinks about Meghan Markle following his "nasty" comments, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and his fondness for Winston Churchill. 

The Republican firebrand also rowed back on comments he made during a joint press conference with Theresa May where he said the NHS would be "on the table" during post-Brexit trade talks. 

He said “I don’t see it being on the table” as the NHS was “something that I would not consider part of trade”.

Pardon me if don't accept Morgan interviewing trump as someone trying to dig out facts. 

But, back to the points he made. The NHS is on the table Tuesday, but off Wednesday. I don't buy it. Take away the fact he's a big fat liar, big pharma have a lot of power, and I'd fully expect any US president to bow to their pressure and have a go at the NHS now we've split from the herd. Why wouldn't they?

26 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

No, he was a business partner. There's nothing false about it.

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Pardon me if don't accept Morgan interviewing trump as someone trying to dig out facts. 

But, back to the points he made. The NHS is on the table Tuesday, but off Wednesday. I don't buy it. Take away the fact he's a big fat liar, big pharma have a lot of power, and I'd fully expect any US president to bow to their pressure and have a go at the NHS now we've split from the herd. Why wouldn't they?

No, he was a business partner. There's nothing false about it.

The US isn't exactly going to get fat on the UK healthcare.