Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

51 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

You're normally fairly measured but thats horse ****.

Brexitèers have had all the cards, and key positions (David Davies anyone?) but have thrown those cards on the floor like drunk chimps. Blame lies completely with leavers.

Not my fault you lot haven't had, and indeed still haven't got, anything resembling a plan.

EDIT - looks like May is asking for an extension. I'll give her credit, she clearly doesn't care what she looks like to the rest of the world. 

BBC News - Brexit: Theresa May to formally ask for delay
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47627744

Ive also seen a report that any extension must come with an option of a second referendum apparently

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu-will-agree-to-extra-time-if-there-is-a-second-brexit-referendum-z6td8nvd7

its a few days old now and no idea if its already been mentioned on here, pages zoom past at a startling pace lol

Edited by melthebell

2 hours ago, woodview said:

Ardent Remainers have massively weakened the negotiating position, shooting their own country in the foot.

Haha, brilliant, even after all this time you're still  clinging to some dilusion that we have wasted our superior bargaining position and we should have demanded  what we want as if we were some colonial superpower that people should bow down in front of!  So  what would you have done the would have had the rest of Europe quivering in their weird foreign boots?? The EU have been pretty consistent..

2 minutes ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

The EU have been pretty consistent..

Despite all the xenophobic insults and predictions of the imminent collapse of the EU, it will come out of this stronger than ever. Also its support of Ireland over the backstop has made it quite clear that in a crisis, the EU will have your back.

However this turns out, the EU will be strengthened and the UK will be seriously diminished in the eyes of the world.

24 minutes ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

Haha, brilliant, even after all this time you're still  clinging to some dilusion that we have wasted our superior bargaining position and we should have demanded  what we want as if we were some colonial superpower that people should bow down in front of!  So  what would you have done the would have had the rest of Europe quivering in their weird foreign boots?? The EU have been pretty consistent..

I've not said we were in a superior position. But we have negotiated very poorly and too late in the day. I'm not defended Davis or anyone. The people who were involved have done a poor job, and have been hindered by others back home.

The job could have been much better handled. The eu has shown a united face, we have done the complete opposite. Ardent remainers, coupled with their opposites in the dup and erg have made the task harder and the outcome worse.

15 minutes ago, woodview said:

I've not said we were in a superior position. But we have negotiated very poorly and too late in the day. I'm not defended Davis or anyone. The people who were involved have done a poor job, and have been hindered by others back home.

The job could have been much better handled. The eu has shown a united face, we have done the complete opposite. Ardent remainers, coupled with their opposites in the dup and erg have made the task harder and the outcome worse.

The EU set out their negotiating red lines from the very start. They haven’t changed. They haven’t wavered. They’ve done exactly what they said they would, and exactly what the sensible ones among us knew they would.

The EU27 are absolutely committed to maintaining a coherent union and the integrity of their single market, just like they said they would be.  Despite all of the UKs at times underhand efforts to create splits and division it has utterly failed to do so. The EU is stronger than ever.

None of this is a surprise. You’ve been lied to. You’ve believed the lies and you’ve propagated them willingly.

The behaviour of leavers is utterly embarrassing for our country. 

It is time to wake up to reality.

And blaming remainers..... what a nerve. Seriously

Edited by I1L2T3

I'm not blaming remainers in general. Unless you are in government publishing daily warnings that is.

I'm sorry if you don't think I've handled the negotiations well.

1 minute ago, woodview said:

I'm not blaming remainers in general. Unless you are in government publishing daily warnings that is.

Do you think industry and the public at large should have just been told “in the event of a no deal brexit, we’ll be fine as we are British”

27 minutes ago, woodview said:

The people who were involved have done a poor job, and have been hindered by others back home.

Absolutely right!

The 17.5 million people who voted to leave the EU have done the most to hinder progress in Brussels.

8 minutes ago, woodview said:

You are a leaver. You’ve propagated lies.

You own this.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do you think industry and the public at large should have just been told “in the event of a no deal brexit, we’ll be fine as we are British”

'In the event of a no deal we'll be fine.' ,

Yes. A stance of wanting a deal as the preferred option , but not pooing no-deal  bricks publicly at every opportunity, would have been a better stance.

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

You are a leaver. You’ve propagated lies.

You own this.

Very sensible post.

1 minute ago, woodview said:

Very sensible post.

It’s the truth. You’ve spent months on here promoting leave myths and lies.

You need to take responsibility for that.

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

'In the event of a no deal we'll be fine.' ,

Yes. A stance of wanting a deal as the preferred option , but not pooing no-deal  bricks publicly at every opportunity, would have been a better stance.

What do you mean by fine?

8 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s the truth. You’ve spent months on here promoting leave myths and lies.

You need to take responsibility for that.

What do you mean by fine?

Fine as in, no delays in ports, no food or medicine shortages, no travel disruption.

You know, fine.