Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It may come across as a daft question but if we leave the EU and Scotland gains their independence as  little Jimmy has started banging on about  again and wants to stay in the EU . Would there have to be a hard border between England and Scotland ?

Plenty work for brickies rebuilding Hadrian's Wall.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Plenty work for brickies rebuilding Hadrian's Wall.

Where would  the Maurers come from , England or Scotland ?

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It may come across as a daft question but if we leave the EU and Scotland gains their independence as  little Jimmy has started banging on about  again and wants to stay in the EU . Would there have to be a hard border between England and Scotland ?

Very unlikely as the most likely EU exit would be with the UK remaining in some kind of customs union. There many need to be a few Bureaux de Change though, as depending on the timing, Scotland may end up with the €uro.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

He wasn't.

He was forced into making a referendum promise because after UKIP's success in the last €uro elections he feared a decimation of the Tories in the 2015 general election.

I know... ;)

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Where would  the Maurers come from , England or Scotland ?

Poland.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Poland.

Cant see it , all  Clinker  Maurers there 

35 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Possibly. There's not the Troubles to worry about but so we could have one if there was the political will and a no-deal brexit, but I doubt there will be one. 

Fully expect Scotland to leave though.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Possibly. There's not the Troubles to worry about but so we could have one if there was the political will and a no-deal brexit, but I doubt there will be one. 

Hope so .  It would serve them right

44 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes there would have to be unless we are in the customs union I believe, but for some strange reason, Brexiteers won't have any involvement in the EU what so ever, but as time goes by they will realise this is impossible.

My take on Brexit if you are interested folks :) been meaning to post this forever but never got round to it, read on-

You buy a house with a shared drive which serves multiple other houses.

The shared drive cost's  £100 per annum, but for this you get 100% unlimited access to your house 24/7   365. This also includes full free maintenance of the drive and a nice little flower box outside your front door.

A few years on you decide you don't want to pay this £100 per annum anymore because you feel it isn't really worth it and you don't need it and can manage on your own.

You decide to ring the drive owner and cancel the £100 premium, but still want access  to your house.

Drive owner say's "Fine" you can do that but you can only access the drive for half an hour in the morning 7.30 am to 8.00 am, then 5.00 pm to 5.30pm in the evening. But also there will be no maintenance or flower box on your section of drive. 

You think "great" I can live with that, I'm at work in the day anyway it wont matter.

Three months on, with your section of drive going to rack and ruin and regularly missing your in and out slots and having to stay at mates houses, you think, maybe this isn't a good idea after all.

Never mind you think, I  will ring the drive owner and pay the £100 per annum again.

You ring the drive owner, but as a new subscriber, it is £1000 per annum and it doesn't include the maintenance or flower box.

Oh dear :(

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

The Scots are in a win-win situation.

If the UK leaves the EU, Scotland will almost certainly leave the UK with or without England's permission.

If the UK remains in the EU, any Scottish independence referendum would make a big thing of 'do you really want to be ruled by that bunch of arses in London after all the damage they did with Brexit?'

Ireland too. Again whether we leave or not there is now a great deal more momemtum for Irish unity than there was even three years ago. Ulster Unionists have shot themselves in both feet by clinging on to religious extremism. They have always frightened younger members of their tribe with warning of the dangers of being subject to religious extremists in the South in a United Ireland.

With last year's abortion referendum and the legalisation of gay marriage, the only religious extremists left with any power in Ireland are the DUP and the Orange Order in the North.

36 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Hope so .  It would serve them right

How so?