Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Haha... I see that tubby Francois and his chums in the ERG threatening to go out on strike if she delays Brexit by a year:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8666568/tory-brexiteers-strike-theresa-may-brexit-delay/

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

I don"t understand it either Mel, come to that after a couple of years of discussion I"m still no wiser.. like we have said before, we are just a laughing stock.

The rethoric in your media is no laughing matter.

Bercow will probably need a protection detail for a while, after this morning's front pages. They're way up there with the earlier "enemies of the people" at Judges.

Beyond disgraceful.

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

The rhetoric in your media is no laughing matter.

Bercow will probably need a protection detail for a while, after this morning's front pages. They're way up there with the earlier "enemies of the people" at Judges.

Beyond disgraceful.

I heard someone on tv last week say the brexit deal cannot have a third vote because of parliamentary rules. Has the speaker Bercow is only doing what the rules tell him to do.

It"s that comical, I can see em voting through a deal on,  APRIL 1st.

From the Guardian;

“The Brexit secretary said Eurosceptics who welcomed Bercow’s decision were “clutching at straws” to suggest it made no deal more likely. “The house has already ruled to take no deal off the table,” he said.”

and

“Parliament is leaving no other option, other than to revoke [article 50], if you take the deal off the table and no deal off the table.”

Oh dear. 

5 hours ago, L00b said:

I'm giving the company statement a bit more credence than that of a former employee.

All you have to do is look at that companies past history of debt and failure to realise it has nothing to do with brexit. Also this bit I quoted before also explains a lot:

"One of the significant factors in the decision is also the recent directive by the EU that has introduced restrictions on single-use plastic products by 2021."

5 hours ago, L00b said:

At least I took care to quote enough to show the balance of the article, i.e. that it was not all caused by Brexit. More than can be said about your desperate attempts to head off the bad news.

Can I remind you of this you stated:

"Except for the small -and entirely logical- bit, that articles about job losses not directly or indirectly attributable to Brexit are not included in the data."

Which is patently wrong as I have proven and only just touched the surface which you also had partly acknowledged. If some of that data is wrong then the rest can be assumed as suspect.

5 hours ago, L00b said:

10 days to go. You ready to own this? :twisted:

Can I remind you of the frequent replies on here that keep telling us that this was just an advisory referendum. :) The voters voted in that advisory referendum and that advise could have been ignored but it wasn't so the government and parliament are the ones responsible and "own it" not me. They started this trip and are also the ones that will end it not me, remain or leave is up to them.

9 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

From the Guardian;

“The Brexit secretary said Eurosceptics who welcomed Bercow’s decision were “clutching at straws” to suggest it made no deal more likely. “The house has already ruled to take no deal off the table,” he said.”

and

“Parliament is leaving no other option, other than to revoke [article 50], if you take the deal off the table and no deal off the table.”

Oh dear. 

The parliament ruling to take a no deal off the table is non binding on this government and therefor carries no weight on them so it can easily be ignored.

Yes indeed.. oh dear!

Edited by apelike

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

The parliament ruling to take a no deal off the table is non binding on this government and therefor carries no weight on them so it can easily be ignored.

You repeatedly refuse to understand that the 'no deal' parliamentary votes are indicative of where Parliament stands on the matter.

What this means is that when a Statutory Instrument is introduced (which is legally binding) MPs will support it.

Well if anything it looks like a third vote might be back on, and no surprise it's going to be delayed another week to ramp up pressure on MP's to back it.

The government says it will try to get Theresa May's Brexit deal through the Commons, despite Speaker John Bercow throwing the process into doubt.

Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay suggested a vote could take place next week - after Mrs May has sought a delay to Brexit from the EU

Solicitor General Robert Buckland said a vote to overrule the Speaker was the most likely way forward.

He told BBC Radio Wiltshire that if enough MPs show they want another vote on the Brexit deal, it can return to Parliament despite the current block.

5 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Why is the busted flush and alleged war criminal Bliar allowed time on the Telly this morning

I'm no fan of Blair but as one of the main architects of the Good Friday Agreement, he has every right to voice his concerns over the damage Brexit could do to peace in Ireland.