Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not strictly true.

The deal cannot be presented to Parliament again if it is unchanged from the last one it voted on.

Well it's fairly true. May isn't making her red lines pink and the EU aren't nudging either. Mays deal is dead, killed by the speaker of parliament, digging up precedent from 1604.

Sovereignty there leavers, breathe it in!

Another twist added by Bercow which seems to both delight and infuriate both camps in equal measure.

Will this lead to a short delay and a no deal Brexit, or a long delay followed by a softer Brexit.Or even a long delay followed by No Brexit or a second referendum.

Brexit ......it’s easy!

Edited by RJRB

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Arguing that Brexit isn’t impacting jobs is nuts. Complete madness.

It is affecting jobs. I work with companies every day that are relocating operations abroad. Dozens of companies in the last couple of years. 

But luckily jobs will also be created by us trading in markets we couldnt trade in while under EU rules

32 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

But luckily jobs will also be created by us trading in markets we couldnt trade in while under EU rules

What markets couldn’t we trade with under EU rules?

37 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What markets couldn’t we trade with under EU rules?

EU only has 36 trade deals outside the EU so thats the rest of the world in a shell

6 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

EU only has 36 trade deals outside the EU so thats the rest of the world in a shell

Are those markets big? Im mean I don't think we had a trade deal with canada until recently but we still traded with them. 

Edited by tinfoilhat

21 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are those markets big? Im mean I don't think we had a trade deal with canada until recently but we still traded with them. 

EU trade is shrinking so fast EVERYTHING is bigger,we could re negotiate old EU deals and grow our own economy overnight by twice the rate the EU is shrinking at a swipe,we only need to wipe off the EU tariffs and negotiate our own

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

EU trade is shrinking so fast EVERYTHING is bigger,we could re negotiate old EU deals and grow our own economy overnight by twice the rate the EU is shrinking at a swipe,we only need to wipe off the EU tariffs and negotiate our own

But which markets can’t we trade with now?

It was rather wonderful last night to see ERG Brexit MPs who previously voted against May’s deal twice, apoplectic with rage that they have been denied a chance to vote for it on the third go. 

8 hours ago, apelike said:

I saw it but you never quoted it properly and made it follow on from the Gelpack statement by missing out this bit: "However, one former employee claims the decision to place the company into administration had little to do with Brexit."  

I'm giving the company statement a bit more credence than that of a former employee.

8 hours ago, apelike said:

Well it would have been helpful if you quoted the article properly in the first place and didn't miss out the bits you didn't like.

LOL, look who's talking! :hihi:

At least I took care to quote enough to show the balance of the article, i.e. that it was not all caused by Brexit. More than can be said about your desperate attempts to head off the bad news.

10 days to go. You ready to own this? :twisted:

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Which markets are those?

5 hours ago, staninoodle said:

We already trade with the rest of the world. Which countries don’t we trade with?

Why is the busted flush and alleged war criminal Bliar allowed time on the Telly this morning to spout his bile over the democratic decision to leave the corrupt EU. Yesterdays man, he did enough damage to the Nation as PM, not content with that, he wants to wreak more havoc again.

Angel1.