Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

At a cost of £1.5bn, over what, 18 months?

How much does that work out at, in NHS busses?

The opposition should be making absolute mince, atomised and vapourised, out of the Tories.

That’s the tip of the iceberg.

Economic losses are already estimated at £66bn

Taking the Medicines agency alone that’s a loss of half a billion pounds in lost tax revenue just from the workers over the next 20 years. The numbers stack on top of each other and the damage is already incalculable. The loss of faith in the U.K. from the Japanese one massive example.

Im hoping some politicians eventually end up doing time for this. 

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Well this will be interesting won't it.  Finally you're making a claim that can be easily measured.  What will an anti EU vote look like, presumably more troglodytes like farage being elected to the EU?

I think that because this is an expensive EU parliamentary election that nobody wants, where the candidates elected are only temporary, then we will see huge support for UKIP and the Brexit party. Domestic issues won't play a major part in this election. Party loyalty will also be less of a factor. Brexit will be the key issue.

Every day that Parliament fails to deliver on the clear instructions it received from the British public to Leave the EU is another day that our democracy is weakened. 

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I think that because this is an expensive EU parliamentary election that nobody wants, where the candidates elected are only temporary, then we will see huge support for UKIP and the Brexit party. Domestic issues won't play a major part in this election. Party loyalty will also be less of a factor. Brexit will be the key issue.

Every day that Parliament fails to deliver on the clear instructions it received from the British public to Leave the EU is another day that our democracy is weakened. 

The sooner you understand how our representative democracy works, the sooner you can stop talking nonsense. 

23 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

It wasn't clear, leaving the EU has many many flavours. The only thing that was clear is that no-one was voting for "no-deal".

As for democracy, it requires an informed electorate and given the now busted promises of the various leave campaigns it's abundantly clear that wasn't the case.

38 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

It will cost £100m

May has spent £1.5bn on unnecessary no deal planning.

Everything must be seen in perspective.

44 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

That’s the tip of the iceberg.

Economic losses are already estimated at £66bn

Taking the Medicines agency alone that’s a loss of half a billion pounds in lost tax revenue just from the workers over the next 20 years. The numbers stack on top of each other and the damage is already incalculable. The loss of faith in the U.K. from the Japanese one massive example.

Im hoping some politicians eventually end up doing time for this. 

Oh I know only too well...I was just singling out the redundant spending on (part of) DExEU’s activities which ez8004 mentioned.

I mean, even without looking at non-taxpayer funded ones like the EMA and 

still-difficult to quantify ones like the loss of goodwill with commercial actors, there’s loads more where that particular one comes from. Such as the extra ferries (£115m) that will still run this summer (might or might not be part of that £1.5bn, but I’m confident you get the gist 😉).

Never was so much wasted in the name of one-upmanship by so few for so little, I don’t think.

28 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It will cost £100m

May has spent £1.5bn on unnecessary no deal planning.

Everything must be seen in perspective.

extremists dont see perspective

Nigel Farage has just launched his Brexit Party in Coventry. He says that it is full of 'ordinary people' yet looking at the footage on the BBC it looks like the usual male gammon faces. Not only that but he has Jacob Rees-Mogg's sister on board for added working class credibility!

And surprise, surprise he has started with the big lies already. "The vast majority of people in the UK outside of London want to leave the EU on WTO terms" And surprise, surprise the BBC interviewer did not challenge him on it. He got very defensive and hot under the collar when asked about Aaron Banks' involvement in the Brexit Party.

Expect a lot of mudslinging between UKIP and the Brexit Party to come, as they fight over the same voters.

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nigel Farage has just launched his Brexit Party in Coventry. He says that it is full of 'ordinary people' yet looking at the footage on the BBC it looks like the usual male gammon faces. Not only that but he has Jacob Rees-Mogg's sister on board for added working class credibility!

And surprise, surprise he has started with the big lies already. "The vast majority of people in the UK outside of London want to leave the EU on WTO terms" And surprise, surprise the BBC interviewer did not challenge him on it. He got very defensive and hot under the collar when asked about Aaron Banks' involvement in the Brexit Party.

Expect a lot of mudslinging between UKIP and the Brexit Party to come, as they fight over the same voters.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds as farage is now seen as an establishment traitor to the hardcore Tommy Robinson fans, but he will probably grab disaffected tory and labour leavers that dont want to go the whole hog and vote for Battons now very much anti islam ukip

I see Jacob Rees Moggs sister is getting involved .That will ruffle a few feathers on here 😊

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

tory and labour leavers that dont want to go the whole hog and vote for Battons now very much anti islam ukip

As long as they don't hear about former Brexit Party leader Catherine Blaiklock's resignation for making racist and Islamophobic tweets!

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As long as they don't hear about former Brexit Party leader Catherine Blaiklock's resignation for making racist and Islamophobic tweets!

yeah but its still the lesser of two evils to them i presume, they will still vote for one of them