Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

47 minutes ago, L00b said:

The Leave vote won the 2016 referendum.

The Irish voted about the Lisbon Agreement for the second time, after it was amended to accomodate their various concerns that were raised in the first vote.

I've never had any problems with facts. How about you?

Here's a fun fact for you: the rats are beginning to quit the ERG ship, claiming unicorn dreamers (like some on here) are being so uncompromising, that there won't even be a Brexit in the end. The irony is beyond delicious! :twisted:

I wonder if his decision to leave the ERG was something to do with Mrs May shaking the magical money tree in his constituency? Mind you she threw a load of money from the said tree in the DUP's direction & they're still not happy.

Neither are many of the 'LEAVE MEANS LEAVE' people leaving messages for him. 

Oh well, such is life.

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

You’ve just described the leave campaigns. Well done.

If it was illegal why  people still trying to implement it ? That's the third time I have asked you

22 minutes ago, L00b said:

That's as unlikely as ever, but you're straying away from facts already, predicting future referenda.

So far, the losers have got nothing more than, and just as much less as, the winners.

So I'll ask you again: now what? Stick to facts please :)

That's because its not finalised yet

Just now, hackey lad said:

If it was illegal why  people still trying to implement it ? That's the third time I have asked you

Because they haven't got the bottle to tell 17.4m voters that they were conned for the sake of internal Tory party politics, that are still ongoing right this minute, less than 60 hours from (potentially) a no deal Brexit.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

because it was advisory....:)

The electoral commission already said if it had been a binding referenda, then they would have annuled it and required a re-run. But since it was jsut advisory they have no such power...

Let's make the UK an EU FREE ZONE.

No Deal clean and full Brexit welcome here.

Just now, L00b said:

Because they haven't got the bottle to tell 17.4m voters that they were conned for the sake of internal Tory party politics, that are still ongoing right this minute, less than 60 hours from (potentially) a no deal Brexit.

Who are THEY . If it was illegal the EU wouldn't accept deals or dealing or even get involved in it all and just say its all illegal and we are not accepting the result

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That's because its not finalised yet

Finalising Brexit isn't bringing back the EMA, nor management of €-denominated derivatives and other insurance contracts into the UK, all of them hitherto paying £££s into the Exchequer. Them's facts that you can take to the bank: these all can only be domiciled/done inside the EU, by law.

So, how are you going to make up the shortfall in tax income and economic activity?

Can I haz facts yet?!!

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who are THEY . If it was illegal the EU wouldn't accept deals or dealing or even get involved in it all and just say its all illegal and we are not accepting the result

Your Parliament legalised the referendum outcome when they voted to empowered Theresa to trigger Article 50 in February 2017.

"They" is your politicians (MPs in the main), of course.

The EU is doing nothing other than to respect your Parliament's sovereignty. Unsurprisingly, that respect isn't being returned. Neither by your politicians, nor by those who have a toddler's understanding of both the EU and their own country's politics.

Edited by L00b

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

Is the EU Commission, which has fully participated in Brexit negotiations, aware of the supposed illegality of the June 2016 referendum or is it entirely oblivious to it?

Is the EU wilfully ignorant of illegality - or a willing participant?

42 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What do the losers get ? Another chance ?

Nothing actually.

What do you get for playing the system and due process?  A soft Brexit with a confirmatory vote by how parliament is proceeding.

The 2016 referendum result is "annoying".  But Leavers simply don't know how to follow through.  Whose fault is that?

Edited by ez8004

11 minutes ago, L00b said:

Finalising Brexit isn't bringing back the EMA, nor management of €-denominated derivatives and other insurance contracts into the UK, all of them hitherto paying £££s into the Exchequer. Them's facts that you can take to the bank: these all can only be domiciled/done inside the EU, by law.

So, how are you going to make up the shortfall in tax income and economic activity?

Can I haz facts yet?!!

Your Parliament legalised the referendum outcome when they voted to empowered Theresa to trigger Article 50 in February 2017.

"They" is your politicians (MPs in the main), of course.

The EU is doing nothing other than to respect your Parliament's sovereignty. Unsurprisingly, that respect isn't being returned. Neither by your politicians, nor by those who have a toddler's understanding of both the EU and their own country's politics.

So its not illegal . Thanks for that :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I wonder if his decision to leave the ERG was something to do with Mrs May shaking the magical money tree in his constituency? Mind you she threw a load of money from the said tree in the DUP's direction & they're still not happy.

Neither are many of the 'LEAVE MEANS LEAVE' people leaving messages for him. 

Oh well, such is life.

Very possible, but crumbs compared to the DUP bribe: he's come in very cheap :lol:

As for the DUP, May (and advisors) just proved at the time, and time and again since, that they simply don't understand the (very very special) NI flavour of tribal politics. 

I'm delighted for her. Truly so :twisted:

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So its not illegal . Thanks for that :thumbsup:

It certainly was illegal: your electoral commission concluded so. Having problems with facts again so soon, hackey lad?

But that simply ceased to be an issue of any real importance, once Parliament had voted to push Brexit through in 2017: the 2016 referendum wasn't binding, but that 2017 Parliament vote was. Once Article 50 was triggered, the die was cast, and now you are where you are.

Edited by L00b

So now you are saying it is illegal , make your mind up .  Peace out