Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Are there? Good, I'm glad more people have read his article, because it is worth a read.

Labour party thread . Now Obornes bending , hes getting love from where he wouldn't have got it before

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Labour party thread . Now Obornes bending , hes getting love from where he wouldn't have got it before

What's the Labour Party thread? I was speaking about Peter Oborne's article. Yes I know that George Osborne campaigned for remain, I have no love for him. 

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What's the Labour Party thread? I was speaking about Peter Oborne's article. Yes I know that George Osborne campaigned for remain, I have no love for him. 

??? I do worry sometimes

I have a solution to the backstop, get the Republic of Ireland to leave the corrupt EU, job sorted.

Angel1

6 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I have a solution to the backstop, get the Republic of Ireland to leave the corrupt EU, job sorted.

Angel1

Or just throw Northern Ireland under the bus and put the border down the Irish sea. 

Backstop problem solved.

8 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

The EU isn't corrupt billy. Republic of Ireland wouldn't do anything as stupid as us unless the entire country is labotomised overnight.

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Or just throw Northern Ireland under the bus and put the border down the Irish sea. 

Backstop problem solved.

Can't do that, DUP hold a chunk of power still. But I'm quite sure if you suggested that to the EU they'd be fine with it.

5 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

So , best of three then if Remoan won any second referendum. 

No, you`ve misunderstood me entirely. It`s best  of any number, that`s Democracy, it doesn`t just stop at a result one group of electors want. Even if there was a People`s Vote and Remain won bey a larger margin than 52/48 (and, more significantly, on facts not fantasy) that does not preclude UKIP from standing in elections on a platform of leaving the EU.

9 hours ago, Litotes said:

They were both about staying in the european union as it existed at the time.

The EU in its present form didnt exist at that time though and was just what it was a Common Market/European Economic Community. 

Any referendum today would be under an entirely different premise to that in 2016, so the logic still holds.

Why?

Its just the beliers are afraid that the electorate, now they are informed  with facts not lies, would enact their democratic right to change their minds and realise that remaining is the best choice.

That also assumes that parliament will allow voters to exercise that democratic right again as you put it and after the last referendum, and given the current statistics it is still not 100% certain that in any further referendum leave or remain would get a much of a different result percentage wise. If that happens then its just back to square one.

35 minutes ago, apelike said:

Why?

£350million a week for the NHS, 

Turkey is joining the EU

we hold all the cards

no-one is talking about leaving the  single market

easiest trade deal in history

etc.

it's all lies,  it's all impossible, they're not even pretending it'll be a success anymore.

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

Don't forget that Tories have Rick Wakeman, Jimmy Tarbuck, Jim Davison and Tony Hadley as their celeb supporters.

As well as Ken Dodd, Phil Collins, Katie Hopkins, John McCririck and Kenny Everett! 😂

2 hours ago, ads36 said:

£350million a week for the NHS, 

Turkey is joining the EU

we hold all the cards

no-one is talking about leaving the  single market

easiest trade deal in history

etc.

it's all lies,  it's all impossible, they're not even pretending it'll be a success anymore.

11 minutes long but worth the watch on how the leave campaign targeted voters with lies and it's dubious financiers.

https://www.zdf.de/politik/frontal-21/drahtzieher-des-brexits-english-version-100.html

Yet another Tory Brexiteer Andrew Bridgend on Politics Live, trying to claim that a poll shows that the majority of the population now prefer leaving with no deal.

Good to see the rest of the panel calling him out on it.