Jump to content
Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

 Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

So hes holding it up then

No. The person who's been kicking the can down the road for years is Theresa May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So hes holding it up then

So you're saying that Labour is holding it up by not doing what the Tories want?

 

Are you high or stupid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ez8004 said:

So you're saying that Labour is holding it up by not doing what the Tories want?

 

Are you high or stupid?

Do you mean to be rude or does it fit your personality ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So why has Thornberry sent out letters to the party  telling them they Must  back going for a second referendum . ? its just holding the whole process up

What is wrong with holding up the whole process to find out what the population actually want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Do you mean to be rude or does it fit your personality ?

If you're going to make stupid points, then you deserve an appropriate response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So the remainers would go for Theresa Mays deal ?

Remainers would go with remain, purely and simply because that is the best deal already on the table. Leaving with Mr's May's deal is still leaving , but for some reason some people are still chasing unicorns and free cake? Make no bones about it, leaving with no deal and forming new trade deals will take years and come with massive consequences, a lot of them will be exactly the same reasons people wanted to leave the EU in the first place and worse. Call me a scare monger, or a "project fear" preacher but the facts are there to see. This country hasn't got 2 halfpennies to scratch it arse with, and will become desperate to make deals to the point we will give anything away. Sitting ducks, That's what the UK will become, That's if it is still united then. It's what you leavers voted for.

 

I would bet my last quid that if they did a poll in 5 years time about which way people voted, I bet remain should have won by about 95% to leave 5%.some people now don't even have the balls to admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dardandec said:

Remainers would go with remain, purely and simply because that is the best deal already on the table. Leaving with Mr's May's deal is still leaving , but for some reason some people are still chasing unicorns and free cake? Make no bones about it, leaving with no deal and forming new trade deals will take years and come with massive consequences, a lot of them will be exactly the same reasons people wanted to leave the EU in the first place and worse. Call me a scare monger, or a "project fear" preacher but the facts are there to see. This country hasn't got 2 halfpennies to scratch it arse with, and will become desperate to make deals to the point we will give anything away. Sitting ducks, That's what the UK will become, That's if it is still united then. It's what you leavers voted for.

 

I would bet my last quid that if they did a poll in 5 years time about which way people voted, I bet remain should have won by about 95% to leave 5%.some people now don't even have the balls to admit it.

Well put . I don't agree with you but its a better post and more thought out than the one above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What is wrong with holding up the whole process to find out what the population actually want?

I am pretty sure you could give us a statistic % of what the population want . Of course that would mean ignoring the original result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So hes holding it up then

Given that the Tories have had almost three years to sort this out and failed, it's a bit much to claim that Corbyn, who was asked to help out about three days ago, is "holding it up"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I am pretty sure you could give us a statistic % of what the population want . Of course that would mean ignoring the original result

There doesn't seem much of a divide about what people who want to remain want; but there are a myriad of options about leaving. Earlier in the thread I posted  link to a number of prominent remainers in & out of parliament who spoke about EFTA, Norway deal, Canada deal etc. No deal was never spoke about seriously. 

Unfortunately, some people equate leaving without a deal means everything will carry on as normal, we just won't have to send money over to the EU, or abide by their regulations. Things won't carry on as normal....I think one of the senior civil servants who has been involved in Brexit had his findings on preparations for no deal leaked and the consequences are frightening. I think it's Mark Sedwill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bob Arctor said:

Given that the Tories have had almost three years to sort this out and failed, it's a bit much to claim that Corbyn, who was asked to help out about three days ago, is "holding it up"

Oh come on , you know hes just playing at politics . Theresa May is going soon and we all know it . Hes  just an elderly student protestor . He is a leaver as much as I am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Oh come on , you know hes just playing at politics . Theresa May is going soon and we all know it . Hes  just an elderly student protestor . He is a leaver as much as I am

And Theresa May isn't playing games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.