Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

7 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

So would I.  Who I will not vote for, Labour, Tory, LibDems and the Greens. If there is no one else on the ballot paper, I will write, non of the above, therefore spoiling my paper.  Don't like doing it, but needs must.

Angel1.

I know a few people who say they will  do exactly the same as you and spoil their paper if it’s just the above parties you have mentioned.  

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

I know a few people who say they will  do exactly the same as you and spoil their paper if it’s just the above parties you have mentioned.  

Spoiling your ballot paper will get you what exactly?

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

WOW Neil Hamilton, wheres he been lately?

Where he should be , out of the public eye .  That is until you decided to resurrect him :)

Oh dear!

We were threatened with a far right revolution if Brexit didn’t happen on March 29th. What did we get?

An idiot charged with standing on the roof of the Eurostar terminal!

Pathetic!

Eurostar protest: Man charged with obstructing railway https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47769131

I was just wondering, considering what companies like Honda can do at the stroke of a pen,  if we did leave Europe anytime soon, as a country, what are we going do interms of securing these new trade agreements.

I am not sure what it is we are going to be offering to trade?

According to the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), the services sector is the largest sector in the U.K., accounting for more than three-quarters of the GDP. The service industry in the U.K. comprises many industries, including finance and business services, consumer-focused industries, such as retail, food and beverage, and entertainment. Manufacturing and production contribute less than 21% of the GDP, and agriculture contributes less than 0.60%.

In the past, Britain was the rightly considered the engine of the world, but now, are we not more the like the user manual in the glovebox?

19 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Those who support our EU membership wish to maintain the status quo of the establishment elite screwing over the working class.

Sad.

But so very true.

This is rubbish of course.

Brexit is Nationalism, pure and simple.

Edited by Justin Smith

"This is democracy. We might not all like the result. I was a Remainer, but the minute we start ignoring the democratic will of the people in this country, we are slipping very quickly towards the kind of banana republic I don't want to live in."

Heidi Allen MP,  2017.

Heidi Allen has recently become the leader of 'Change UK - The Independent Group' a new political group which aims to maintain the failed status quo and prevent change from happening by ensuring the UK stays in the EU.

Heidi Allen has voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, voted to reduce benefits for the poorest in society, voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs, consistently voted against higher taxes on banks and consistently voted for more restrictive regulation of trade union activity.

Nice people these passionate Remainers.

1 hour ago, Justin Smith said:

This is rubbish of course.

Brexit is Nationalism, pure and simple.

Tony Benn was a passionate supporter of Leaving the pro-business EU.

Was he a nationalist?

Edited by Car Boot

Hilarious to see Failing Grayling threatening to quit his ministerial job if May accepts a customs union. Such a threat - imagine having to let him go: the pain! The agony!

3 hours ago, surveyour said:

I was just wondering, considering what companies like Honda can do at the stroke of a pen,  if we did leave Europe anytime soon, as a country, what are we going do interms of securing these new trade agreements.

According to the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), the services sector is the largest sector in the U.K., accounting for more than three-quarters of the GDP. The service industry in the U.K. comprises many industries, including finance and business services, consumer-focused industries, such as retail, food and beverage, and entertainment. Manufacturing and production contribute less than 21% of the GDP, and agriculture contributes less than 0.60%.

In the past, Britain was the rightly considered the engine of the world, but now, are we not more the like the user manual in the glovebox?

We can offer financial services to foreign countries. It’s been a big part of our exports, to date.

Unfortunately, following Brexit, we lose the opportunity to sell these services within the EU.

4 minutes ago, Eater Sundae said:

We can offer financial services to foreign countries. It’s been a big part of our exports, to date.

Unfortunately, following Brexit, we lose the opportunity to sell these services within the EU.

Banking and financial do make a massive part of our economy, but is it not something we already do very successfully on a global level? And continuing to do it, but with more limitations cannot be appealing.

At one time, we had 6 banks/building societies within walking distance, I guess they gave real people, real jobs... now I have to internet my bank or speak to them on the phone, and they pretend to be UK based, but there clearly not.

We lead the world in high precision engineering, high value, bespoke products, but again, many of these use equally high precision machines, and are not labour intensive products.

We sold out our manufacturing base, we have limited natural resources, we have closed the mines, our infrastructure is not great (what happenslend to HS2??)  and by crastrating our financial sector, I am scratching my head as to what we are going to be trading?

i know we have a booming tourism sector, but can’t really point my finger at anything else, that can’t be (like in the case of Honda) be replicated elsewhere with apparent relative ease. 

4 hours ago, surveyour said:

What we offered was stability and a route into the EU market.

Weve just destroyed both

3 hours ago, Eater Sundae said:

Which country or countries is going to replace the business we’ll lose with the EU then? You make it sound so simple yet offer zero alternatives. We are already losing the clearing of all Euro denominated transactions which is worth over a trillion euros, A TRILLION.