Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Apparently Channel Four has apologised for John Snow's comments at the end of last night's C4 News!

They should be ashamed of themselves! 😡

With Jon Snow's privilege and background, what he stated was simply untrue.

Lots of people contributed financially to help the miners. I remember both Militant and the SWP regularly collecting in working class communities and from the unemployed to help feed the miners families. People with a lot less wealth than Jon Snow.

5 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I don't believe that Jon Snow, who attended the fee paying public school Ardingly College, represents the ordinary British public. Old Ardinians include Ian Hislop and four Conservative MP's.

How about Farage, BoJo, Rees - Mogg, Liam Fox etc - do they represent the ordinary British Public?

Personal attacks and off topic posts and those quoting them have been removed. If you cannot stay civil and on topic I will close the thread and issue suspensions. Hope that makes it all lovely and clear. 

Back on topic, watching that bunch of flag waving, shouty clowns protesting outside Parliament last night put me in mind of something the late, great Joe Strummer wrote.

"They say the immigrants steal the hubcaps

Of the respected gentlemen

They say it would be wine and roses

If England were for Englishmen again."

Relevant in 1980. Relevant nearly 40 years later.

Have we learned nothing? 😕

7 hours ago, Litotes said:

And you know this how?

Yet again a right wing brexiteer distorts the truth by liberal use of the word 'virtually' and 'mainly' while ignoring the fact that the main treatise of the argument is undone by their own words.

I would suggest that this 'virtually' facist poster (note I did not say they were facist) is trying to create discontent within the forum - something that should be soundly condemned by the moderators

Car Boot?  Right wing?  😂😂

That's right.  Silence opinions that are different to yours.   That's how it is now.  Welcome to the end of democracy. 

Sorry, it doesn't fit in with your huge stereotype but there are many left wing Brexiters. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

13 hours ago, altus said:

Don't be so sure. If the Lib Dems and SNP had backed the customs union proposal last week it would have got a majority.

Glad they didn't then.  That wasn't what Cameron told us that a leave vote would mean, in that little book we paid for on behalf of the Remain campaign. 

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

None of the examples you give were exclusively white.

Yesterday's various leave protests were!

Perhaps somebody should have told this well known Remain supporter that the Leave protest was "exclusively white"?

Edited by Car Boot

Those who support our EU membership wish to maintain the status quo of the establishment elite screwing over the working class.

Sad.

But so very true.

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

None of the examples you give were exclusively white.

Yesterday's various leave protests were!

I hope you mentioned to this person your belief that the Leave protest was "exclusively white"?

4965.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Surprised that the moderator is still allowing this slanging match to carry on.

Brexit has nothing to do with colour for the vast majority of Brexiteers.

It's simply about political parties going back on their election manifesto once they have  secured their seats.

A bad time for democracy but a good time for those who just want to be offensive to the opposite side.

Both Labour and Tories should be ashamed

41 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Those who support our EU membership wish to maintain the status quo of the establishment elite screwing over the working class.

Sad.

But so very true.

so how does not having eu membership change that?

the leading voices on brexit all seem to be from the thatcherite and neo liberal wing of the party and it;s hard to see their deregulatory fervour as helping the working class. 

10 hours ago, hauxwell said:

If there is a registered Brexit Party at the next election that has the same general views as me I’ll vote for it.  

why?

a general election has to be on more than a single issue but on a vision for the future and a credible plan for delivering it.   

if you want a vote on brexit then start supporting a referendum on the current withdrawl agreement and/or one of the other possible alternatives. 

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 02:50, Lex Luthor said:

Both sides lied but one side got to use millions of public money in the process too.  

You are correct if course.  The EU has made itself a liar with it's 'we must respect the outcome of the referendum', along with the main parties. 

It is impossible "to respect the outcome of the referendum" because Brexit, as advertised by Leave, does not exist. Do you really think that if MPs could vote for a Brexit of the type Leave promised (basically a cake and eat it Brexit with all positives and no negatives) that they wouldn`t have voted for it months ago ? Might I suggest that if you really think they still wouldn`t have voted for that your mind must be closed.