Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

35 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Even John Snow felt compelled to comment that he had never seen so many white people all in one place before!

Edited by Car Boot
Double post

11 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The very wealthy upper middle class Jon Snow obviously has a very, very short memory.

He spoke at the Hay literary festival last year, which was virtually all white, middle class and aristocracy.

He attended the Glastonbury festival 2017, which was populated mainly with young middle class white people.

He has also attended the People's Vote marches.

https://images.app.goo.gl/LvgBLk6mtwuC1KeP7

So basically, Jon Snow only notices a lack of diversity when it suits him. 

Perhaps he does notice a lack of diversity at Hay literary festival and Glastonbury too.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Perhaps he does notice a lack of diversity at Hay literary festival and Glastonbury too.

Very doubtful.

White middle class festivals he admires. White working class protests he despises.

Just now, Car Boot said:

Very doubtful.

White middle class festivals he admires. White working class protests he despises.

And you know this how?

Yet again a right wing brexiteer distorts the truth by liberal use of the word 'virtually' and 'mainly' while ignoring the fact that the main treatise of the argument is undone by their own words.

I would suggest that this 'virtually' facist poster (note I did not say they were facist) is trying to create discontent within the forum - something that should be soundly condemned by the moderators

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Very doubtful.

More assumptions & guesses based on someone's income. Some may call that stereotyping.

I have to say I have much more respect for Channel 4 News than the BBC news - whatever the privilege of the news anchor.

1 minute ago, Litotes said:

And you know this how?

Yet again a right wing brexiteer distorts the truth by liberal use of the word 'virtually' and 'mainly' while ignoring the fact that the main treatise of the argument is undone by their own words.

I would suggest that this 'virtually' facist poster (note I did not say they were facist) is trying to create discontent within the forum - something that should be soundly condemned by the moderators

I think you've hit the nail on the head. 

21 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The very wealthy upper middle class Jon Snow 

I'm sure that Jon Snow has a few bob in the bank but nowhere near as much as Aaron Banks, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Jacob Rees-Mogg and any of the other incredibly wealthy white backers of your precious anti-working class project known as Brexit!

I shall take your repeated refusal to answer the question as an acceptance that the Leave protests in Westminster were basically three groups of exclusively white nationalists.

39 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

None of the examples you give were exclusively white.

Yesterday's various leave protests were!

And the problem with that is ? 

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

More assumptions & guesses based on someone's income. Some may call that stereotyping.

I have to say I have much more respect for Channel 4 News than the BBC news - whatever the privilege of the news anchor.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. 

If Snow had said he had never seen as many Black people in one place , there would be uproar , and  the usual suspects would be screaming " Racist" . 

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

You're the problem.

3 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

What do you see?

What I want to see is a party I can vote for in the future.

1 minute ago, Penistone999 said:

The problem with that is that these people are trying to claim that they represent the ordinary British public who voted for Brexit but quite clearly they don't.

A week after the referendum,  an Asian City Taxis driver from Pitsmoor told me that he had voted Leave because he didn't like the Roma in Firth Park. He would not have gone anywhere near any protest made up of exclusively white, mainly males waving flags of St George.

I'm white and I don't think I would either.

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

What I want to see is a party I can vote for in the future.

That makes no sense?

44 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

White working class protests he despises.

Oh you do make me laugh!

Jon Snow supported not just the miners strike and the print strike in Wapping, he actually put his hand in his pocket and supported them financially. They were both white working class protests.

What I suspect he is not too keen on are white, anti-working class protests such as those at Westminster last night, EDL demos and Britain First marches.