Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

20 minutes ago, apelike said:

The UK Statistics Authority, now who judged it to be lies?

Pretty much everybody who spent more than two minutes thinking about it!

Do you really think that a public body like the UKSA is going to use language as undiplomatic as 'lies'? They did exactly the same thing as the BBC which was to have a distorted view of impartiality where they think that challenging one side and not the other is being biassed.

The BBC by not challenging the Turkey and £350 million lies were de facto supporting the Leave campaign in the referendum.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

There was a petition set up to ban the wearing of the EU emblem on British troops uniform, it got considerably fewer votes than the stop Brexit petitions.

I don't have a problem with our troops working with other nations.

We have been cooperating with the EU in regard to the European space program

Yes, we cooperate and there are joint excercises under the control mentioned in the link. But, it can't be both a good idea and fantasy. If it's going to be created, it needs to be debated properly, not emerge through stealth over several years of mission creep.

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

They’re not lies. They are things that could come true. And probably will with no deal.

But if you actually take time to read Osbourne's analysis he was quite clear that many of those things you state may come true would happen within 2 years after a leave vote, and not after we have left,. He talks about the immediate impact of a leave vote.

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Do you want to compare to leave lies about £350m, Turkey etc..

Already have..

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

Yes, we cooperate and there are joint excercises under the control mentioned in the link. But, it can't be both a good idea and fantasy. If it's going to be created, it needs to be debated properly, not emerge through stealth over several years of mission creep.

We are on the outer edge of the EU, some countries dont like us because of that, we have opt-outs.

I am happy with our position, I would prefer to co-operate on many levels.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So no one or body of any substance except remain media and its followers.

An unexpected Brexit boost for the Irish government is a €60 million boost to their economy due to the record increase in passport applications.

The downside is that Irish citizens looking to renew their passports for their summer holidays are facing record waits for passport renewals. The other downside is that this €60 million will be eaten up in 7 weeks of Brexit preparations! 😢

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Do you really think that a public body like the UKSA is going to use language as undiplomatic as 'lies'? They did exactly the same thing as the BBC which was to have a distorted view of impartiality where they think that challenging one side and not the other is being biassed.

The BBC by not challenging the Turkey and £350 million lies were de facto supporting the Leave campaign in the referendum.

There was an interview with the DG of the BBC Tony Hall in which he admitted there were 'some issues' to do with impartiality at the BBC in the last few years. Tantalisingly he didn't expand. I've certainly noticed their bias, as have many others.

54 minutes ago, Hots on said:

British troops in Kosovo with EU flag on their uniforms.

EUFLAG.png?resize=720,340&ssl=1

Kosovo-Image.jpg

Yeah? and?

its also on peoples passports and car reg plates, signs in the street. they are STILL british soldiers that happen to be part of the EU, see the little flag on the arm on the right just above one...thats our flag that is....just a pointer

23 minutes ago, apelike said:

But if you actually take time to read Osbourne's analysis he was quite clear that many of those things you state may come true would happen within 2 years after a leave vote, and not after we have left,. He talks about the immediate impact of a leave vote.

Already have..

Osborne’s analysis was predicated on an immediate A50 trigger (as promised by Cameron) and did not take into account the possibility of a huge BoE liquidity injection (that happened on June 24 2016).

As for the £350m and Turkey glad you agree that was utter nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

There was an interview with the DG of the BBC Tony Hall in which he admitted there were 'some issues' to do with impartiality at the BBC in the last few years. Tantalisingly he didn't expand. I've certainly noticed their bias, as have many others.

Of course the BBC is biased and has been so since its formation but in the case of Brexit I don't think that it was intentional.

Faced with reporting on a referendum campaign between two sides where one side was being reasonably honest and the other was telling barefaced lies the BBC worried that it would be accused of being biased by tackling head on the lies of one side of the campaign. Of course by doing that they are actually undermining their own impartiality and effectively siding with the campaign which is repeatedly lying.

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

There is one MASSIVE benefit.............. getting away from the muppets in Brussels. 

The social and economic problems in this country have nothing to do with Brussels. They are all to do with this rancid Tory government.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Well yes, if you are a complete imbecile and have no idea of how the real world works and don't give a monkey's about the harm it will do especially to the poorest in our society, I suppose it is perfectly workable.

Are you one of the cretins who said that they would be happy to lose their job if it meant leaving the EU?

Wont effect me ,as im self employed and im not reliant on being in the EU.