Jump to content

Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

 Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And do what?

God knows TCH, it'll be interesting if we do get a, "Time yo get a proper hardline Brexiteer in No10."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

God knows TCH, it'll be interesting if we do get a, "Time yo get a proper hardline Brexiteer in No10."

I genuinely believe that there are some posters on here who think if a Brexiteer Prime Minister goes to Brussels and shouts at Barnier and Co. they will magically get a better deal. They have already said today that the deal is the deal so what would Boris Johnson do about that?

 

Parliament has made it absolutely clear that it will not allow a no deal exit so the most likely thing that Boris will end up doing is going to Brussels to inform the European Council that the UK Parliament has voted to revoke Article 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I genuinely believe that there are some posters on here who think if a Brexiteer Prime Minister goes to Brussels and shouts at Barnier and Co. they will magically get a better deal. They have already said today that the deal is the deal so what would Boris Johnson do about that?

 

Parliament has made it absolutely clear that it will not allow a no deal exit so the most likely thing that Boris will end up doing is going to Brussels to inform the European Council that the UK Parliament has voted to revoke Article 50.

I doubt we'll get one, the brexit mob like shouting from the sidelines but when it comes down to it they are full of bobbar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How can you have a compromise with a binary option?

 

You are either in or out.

 

 

So you propose a no deal brexit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voice of reason said:

So you propose a no deal brexit?

How do you work that out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2019 at 20:25, Top Cats Hat said:

The irony of people who were quite happy to let foreign powers interfere in our democracy calling others traitors, does not escape me.

And you talk about irony.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Parliament has made it absolutely clear that it will not allow a no deal exit so the most likely thing that Boris will end up doing is going to Brussels to inform the European Council that the UK Parliament has voted to revoke Article 50.

Parliament haven't though and have just stated the disapproval of a no deal brexit but have put nothing in place to stop it so it is still the default.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/24/theresa-may-replacement-no-deal-brexit-pm

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, apelike said:

Parliament haven't though and have just stated the disapproval of a no deal brexit but have put nothing in place to stop it so it is still the default.

Your memory is short.

 

Yvette Cooper's bill was passed in 28 hours only two months ago and there is nothing stopping Parliament enabling a similar bill if we get close to October 31st with no sign of a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a read of the link I gave as having a new PM in charge changes things with regards to parliament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.