Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

9 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

So you don't believe that the real reason the democratic direction of 17.4 million people is being denied is because Westminster is over 75 per cent Remainer?

The Brexit hating Remainer minority imposing their will upon the Leave majority.

So when hundreds of thousands of jobs which support many communities all over the country are lost, will you be still peddling 'anti -EU elitist' schtick? Or will you do what the likes of Rees Mogg, and Farage do which is to hide behind the will of the people nonsense to hide their guilt?

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So when hundreds of thousands of jobs which support many communities all over the country are lost, will you be still peddling 'anti -EU elitist' schtick? Or will you do what the likes of Rees Mogg, and Farage do which is to hide behind the will of the people nonsense?

Didn't we lose over 800,000 jobs just by voting to Leave the EU utopia?

Oh, hang on. No we didn't. That was Remainer scare propaganda to frighten the people into voting how the establishment wanted them to.

My bad.

Edited by Car Boot

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:18, Mister M said:

You've reminded me, Make UK which represents over 200,000 manufacturing companies in the UK said that a no deal Brexit would be 'catastrophic' for the industries and the people who work in them.

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/eef-make-uk-catastrophic-brexit/

Some of these companies will be in places like Sheffield.  Leaving the EU, especially with no deal would be bad Sheffield. 

How would mass unemployment be good for Sheffield?

I suppose these 200,00 companies are part of the establishment too?

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

So...  Do we get to have a vote or not?  Are they elected in the end or not.  How was Farage not deemed unsuitable?

Are you talking about the people who run the EU or the MEPs? In your post of #2191 you were referring to the ones that run the EU.

22 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Didn't we lose over 800,000 jobs just by voting to Leave the EU utopia?

Oh, hang on. No we didn't. That was Remainer scare propaganda to frighten the people into voting how the establishment wanted them to.

My bad.

Over 200,000 and counting

https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/brexit-index/

• Total Jobs Lost: 218,839
  • Total Annual Wages Lost*: £6,275,646,003
  • Reduction in Annual Income Tax & National Insurance Receipts**: £1,879,579,721.93

But beware - this is all part of the project fear and none of it is true...

Oh hold on...

Edited by Litotes

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

how is that different from normal political parties? they decide on candidates we vote on the one we like, all this talk of WTO rules, how are they better than the EU? are they more democratically accountable? are the officials elected?

Who said it was different? And what officials do you mean?

59 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Compulsory voting is an effect of laws which require eligible citizens to register and vote in elections, and may impose penalties on those who fail to do so. As of August 2013, 22 countries provide for compulsory voting, and 11 democracies — about 5% of all United Nations members — enforce it.

And that has what relevance to what I have posted?

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

Who said it was different? And what officials do you mean?

And that has what relevance to what I have posted?

because i dont have a clue how people can slag off the EU for being unelected, undemocratic etc, then champion the WTO which in my understanding is far worse democratically?

47 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You are (possibly deliberately) missing the point.

Your view matters whether you partook in 2016's discredited, non-binding referendum or not.

Not at all. The views may matter to the people who didn't take part but matter not to those who decide our fate and that is parliament as they make the rules. As far as I know no one has officially discredited the referendum non-binding or not.

47 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The reason why we are in this complete mess is that Theresa May decided on a course of action which was supported by less than 40% of the electorate ignoring everyone else. 

But that 40% was still the majority so it's normal for the others to be ignored as in any GE. You can't simply change the rules because you lost.

Can I ask you a question Car Boot?

If we are genuinely going to be better off outside the EU, why hasn't any previous governments brought us out without asking us?

The usual elite this, elite other nonsense isn't answering the question BTW. ;)  

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The Commission is not the EU civil service.

The Commission is the EU executive, the main EU government.

Are YOU understanding this yet?

The commission is not the executive. Very far from it.

The European Council is the executive

Why do you spout crap and lies

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I suppose these 200,00 companies are part of the establishment too?

The Establishment ruling order overwhelmingly supported our EU membership. Make UK (formerly the EEF) which represents some of the UK's biggest businesses is very much a part of that establishment.

The Engineering Employers Federation (renamed Make UK) has consistently been wrong in its predictions, putting forward the voice of big business. It supported joining the Exchange Rate Mechanism and the Euro, claiming in 2000 that the UK was playing "Russian roulette with manufacturing jobs" by staying out. 

No surprise that the EEF has consistently opposed increases in the minimum wage. It is the voice of big business and an enemy of the working class.

19 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The commission is not the executive. Very far from it.

The European Council is the executive

Why do you spout crap and lies

Can you please stop the personal attacks?

This link here, from the European Parliament, states that the EU Commission "is the principal executive body of the European Union".

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheets/en/sheet/25/the-european-commission

I suggest that you read it.