Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

12 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

It doesn't matter what parliament votes for now the withdrawal deal still needs passing unless it's no deal or a second referendum. My wife who voted to remain was so furious after today's vote she said that's her done with politics calling those who voted against self serving pricks has another remainer I can't disagree with her this parliament is a disgrace. I've heard that civil unrest would happen if parliament failed to deliver brexit but dismissed it I'm not so sure now. My daughter who is a police officer and a lot of her colleagues also think it more than a possibility.

I’m not sure that there will be civil unrest, but we have been told by a policeman who works for Northumbria Police that they have been preparing for it, if it should happen. 

Parliament is a disgrace and I wouldn’t vote for any of that lot.

Just now, hauxwell said:

I’m not sure that there will be civil unrest, but we have been told by a policeman who works for Northumbria Police that they have been preparing for it, if it should happen. 

Parliament is a disgrace and I wouldn’t vote for any of that lot.

I find it amusing how the likes of you have been banging on about sovereignty and the moment Parliament actually exercises it but in the way it disagrees with you, you all blow a gasket. Just pathetic. 

1 minute ago, ez8004 said:

I find it amusing how the likes of you have been banging on about sovereignty and the moment Parliament actually exercises it but in the way it disagrees with you, you all blow a gasket. Just pathetic. 

You are wasting your time if you are expecting a reply and I think you know why.

Here we go, James O brian lists some anti EU lies from the media over the years (pre 2016)

poisoning the populations mind.

Can I just remind those telling us that the police are gearing up for pro-Brexit problems that the only police preparations and leave cancellations have actually been in response to the possibility of a no-deal Brexit which will cause much more trouble than Wee Tommy Robinson and his band of coked up loons stopping traffic and breaking a few windows.

The pathetic turn outs for Brexit Betrayal events show that most Brexit supporters aren't prepared to do anything more than a bit of angry moaning. 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Actually the 'second referendum' option got the highest vote (268).

Now that May's deal is effectively dead, there are Remainer Conservative MPs who may support Ken Clarke's customs union option if they are free of the party whip. With hard Brexit/no deal options off the table the crackpot wing of the Tory party have effectively been frozen out of the process.

Ok, splitting hairs, the CU got the most support, only 8 difference.

Remember the referendum option was a confirmatory one between Remain and whichever agreed deal.

They have to keep going now. The whole process should be whip free.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Can I just remind those telling us that the police are gearing up for pro-Brexit problems that the only police preparations and leave cancellations have actually been in response to the possibility of a no-deal Brexit which will cause much more trouble than Wee Tommy Robinson and his band of coked up loons stopping traffic and breaking a few windows.

The pathetic turn outs for Brexit Betrayal events show that most Brexit supporters aren't prepared to do anything more than a bit of angry moaning. 

You can't knock Robinson loonies and in the same breath say a no-deal demo would cause more problems.

Violent disorder is the same, whoever is doing it.

8 minutes ago, woodview said:

Violent disorder is the same, whoever is doing it.

Not true.

Scared, hungry people fighting over scarce food or fuel supplies is not the same as a bunch of coked up football hooligans angry that the wheels are coming off their pet project!

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

10 million leave protesters turn out to protest in Parliament Square.

9 minutes ago, retep said:

Dream on...

Counted as 'thousands'

Edited by Litotes

8 minutes ago, retep said:

I hear that there were three different competing Brexit rallys in the Square!

United we stand eh? 😂

11 minutes ago, retep said:

Did it even fill Parliament Square?

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not true.

Scared, hungry people fighting over scarce food or fuel supplies is not the same as a bunch of coked up football hooligans angry that the wheels are coming off their pet project!

Haha what a hysterical nonesense. Since it is a theoretical possibility, if you actually believe yourself, you'd better start prepping.