Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, woodview said:

Your view seems to be that Farage lied, but you don't care Osborne and Cameron did.

No, my view is that Farage lied (particularly with the Breaking Point poster) and Cameron and Osborne simply put the most pessimistic spin on already pessimistic economic forecasts.

I can't believe that you are even bringing this up when the Leave campaign were helped by millions of targetted facebook and twitter ads which were outright lies about everything from Turkey to the NHS to the UK becoming an Islamic caliphate as well as government ministers telling outright lies on radio and television interviews.

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, my view is that Farage lied (particularly with the Breaking Point poster) and Cameron and Osborne simply put the most pessimistic spin on already pessimistic economic forecasts.

I can't believe that you are even bringing this up when the Leave campaign were helped by millions of targetted facebook and twitter ads which were outright lies about everything from Turkey to the NHS to the UK becoming an Islamic caliphate as well as government ministers telling outright lies on radio and television interviews.

What can't you believe? I'm saying Leave lied. I've said that in the last few posts.

The only unbelievable bit is your total denial that the tories running Remain could possibly have lied. Your faith in them is truly unbelievable.

Edited by woodview

Lost by 58 votes!

That's a hard Brexit off the books and possibly the beginning of the end for Brexit completely!

I’d say hard brexit still remains a possibility.  General election looks likely though.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Lost by 58 votes!

That's a hard Brexit off the books and possibly the beginning of the end for Brexit completely!

All it means is we are STILL heading for the default position of No Deal. That is the only thing that IS set in law.

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’d say hard brexit still remains a possibility.  General election looks likely though.

No deal very unlikely. Long delay, European elections and maybe GE ? Is European elections and GE  at same time feasible timing?

Turnout won't be good I dont think. Despite it being a hot topic on here, there is widespread tiredenes with politics I think.

1 minute ago, Penistone999 said:

All it means is we are STILL heading for the default position of No Deal. That is the only thing that IS set in law.

Repeating that will not make it more likely.

The EU will not allow it to happen and nor will the UK Parliament. The most likely outcome is a delay of a year or more.

9 minutes ago, woodview said:

No deal very unlikely. Long delay, European elections and maybe GE ? Is European elections and GE  at same time feasible timing?

Turnout won't be good I dont think. Despite it being a hot topic on here, there is widespread tiredenes with politics I think.

It’s ironic that the referendum briefly engaged so much of the electorate (even if both campaigns were the most deceitful and embarrassing the country has ever seen) and we will be almost certainly see the lowest turnout ever next time, whilst our elected representatives battle it out to get their feet in the deepest part of the trough. 

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It’s ironic that the referendum briefly engaged so much of the electorate (even if both campaigns were the most deceitful and embarrassing the country has ever seen) and we will be almost certainly see the lowest turnout ever next time, whilst our elected representatives battle it out to get their feet in the deepest part of the trough. 

I think you are right about a low turnout at any elections in the future. People are totally fed up with politicians. I just hope that the EU now say you've had your chance no more extensions just leave then we can deal with the consequences.

After all this time and debate, I'm beginning to think it would have been easier to just ask the other 27 countries to leave... :hihi::hihi:

49 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I just hope that the EU now say you've had your chance no more extensions just leave then we can deal with the consequences.

Very unlikely, given that this will cause harm to the EU as well as the UK and even less likely since last weekend, where the march in London and Revoke Article 50 petition show that the campaign to remain in the EU is gaining strength and finally making its voice heard after three years of hearing nothing but shouty Brexit supporters.

31 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

after three years of hearing nothing but shouty Brexit supporters.

Had to chuckle!

Edited by woodview