Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

47 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I know some MPs have said that we will still support farmers etc. but what about the UK moving to be a free trading nation?

If we do become a free trading nation, the exchequer will no longer receive the £3 billion due to EU tariffs.

Will we increase taxes to make up for that lost £3 billion or cut the NHS or other public services?

The EU have never given  any money to support our farmers because we have always been a net contributor to the EU budget. All the EU have done is return some of the money our country has contributed to their budget from taxpayers and given a little bit back to the farmers.  After our country leave the EU, it will be up to our Government to decide how much subsidies  farmers get from taxpayers money which was previously sent to the EU budget.  Our democratic people will decide who will govern our country and will be able to choose which party to vote for and choose the one which will be most generous to farmers, if  that is an important factor when deciding which  party to vote for.

8 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The EU have never given  any money to support our farmers because we have always been a net contributor to the EU budget. All the EU have done is return some of the money our country has contributed to their budget from taxpayers and given a little bit back to the farmers.  After our country leave the EU, it will be up to our Government to decide how much subsidies  farmers get from taxpayers money which was previously sent to the EU budget.  Our democratic people will decide who will govern our country and will be able to choose which party to vote for and choose the one which will be most generous to farmers, if  that is an important factor when deciding which  party to vote for.

Given that we are already 15% poorer following the collapse of the pound, you might want to rethink your optimism.

That and the inevitable reduction in tax take caused by the upcoming Brexit related recession, might make government largesse  difficult, to say the least.

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Our democratic people will decide who will govern our country 

Didn’t you say a few posts ago that you supported Parliament being suspended to push through a no-deal Brexit against the wishes of the people?

How does that square with your claim that the people will decide who will govern our country?

You are a fraud.

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The EU have never given  any money to support our farmers because we have always been a net contributor to the EU budget. All the EU have done is return some of the money our country has contributed to their budget from taxpayers and given a little bit back to the farmers.  After our country leave the EU, it will be up to our Government to decide how much subsidies  farmers get from taxpayers money. 

That'll be substantially less than EU funding then - unless it's from BoJo's magic money tree.

Remind me - you did say a while back you voted remain - and look how your English has improved beyond all recognition in 2 years.

Edited by Longcol

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

That'll be substantially less than EU funding then - unless it's from BoJo's magic money tree.

Remind me - you did say a while back you voted remain - and look how your English has improved beyond all recognition in 2 years.

I have always stated I voted to remain in the EU.  I am honoured you remember all my previous posts, but  I don't feel guilty about forgetting  all of your contributions.  I have never made a secret that English isn't my first language and  I am proud I am having  more good days than bad days now  when  I type in English. 

39 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The EU have never given  any money to support our farmers because we have always been a net contributor to the EU budget. All the EU have done is return some of the money our country has contributed to their budget from taxpayers and given a little bit back to the farmers. 

you do know that theres 28 countries that share the money out, not just one

do you think we'll keep, receive, or pay out more to countries like the USA, Peru or India?

Edited by melthebell

11 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I have always stated I voted to remain in the EU. 

Yes but as has been pointed out by everyone else on here including some Brexit supporters, NOBODY believes you!

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I have always stated I voted to remain in the EU.  I am honoured you remember all my previous posts, but  I don't feel guilty about forgetting  all of your contributions.  I have never made a secret that English isn't my first language and  I am proud I am having  more good days than bad days now  when  I type in English. 

Or you could be just telling porkies.

14 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

What is your first language?

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Or you could be just telling porkies.

which is tbf what most brextremists do best

34 minutes ago, melthebell said:

which is tbf what most brextremists do best

Yup - he remembers council tax bills 20 years ago

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/466744-the-consequences-of-brexit-part-6-read-first-post-before-commenting/page/311/?tab=comments#comment-8219181

Yet his english makes massive leaps in just a couple of weeks in 2017.