Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

45 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris Johnson stood for leadership of the Tory Party with a pledge that the UK  will leave the EU on 31st October come what may.  Boris Johnson only ever stated he will try to negotiate a deal with the EU before our country leave on 31st October.

I am embarrassed by the amount of people in our country who still don't respect the 2016 democratic  EU referendum result who  hope Boris Johnson fails to negotiate an improved deal.

Get used to it on this forum, it's full of EU loving, anti democratic, anti British hope we fail, remoan at any cost types. Sad but true.

Angel1.

47 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The referendum ‘result’ was at best, inconclusive. 37% vs 36% is hardly an overwhelming message to the powers that be. 

Boris Johnson told us that we couldn’t take no-deal off the table as it would force the EU into renegotiating. How has that worked out? The EU will do one of two things. It will either provide an extension to Article 50 if asked for, to allow a general election/second referendum, or it will sit back and watch the UK commit political and economic suicide.

What it won’t do is re-open negotiations. Can you give me a single reason why it should?

Don't pontificate nonsense,  the referendum result was decisive with leave winning 52% support from the democratic people who turned out to vote. The EU is not going to change their stance until they are certain that Parliament can't block a no-deal exit.

A no-deal exit for the UK is not good for the EU and that is one single reason why the EU should re-open negotiations or agree to a last-minute manage exit for the UK.

38 minutes ago, melthebell said:

because its idiocy of the highest order and is not good for the country or its inhabitants...get over it

That is just your own biased opinion that it is not good for our country to leave the EU. You're telling the wrong man to get over it because I voted to remain in the EU on 23rd June 2016 and supported our country leaving the EU on 24th June when the democratic referendum result was announced. 

Edited by Lockdoctor

8 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

anti British

Interesting logic there fella!

Someone who is prepared to see Britain crash and burn and the Union split apart to fulfil his own extreme political aims calling those who are trying to prevent it ‘anti-British’

You’ve fallen a long way down the rabbit hole! 😳

15 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Get used to it on this forum, it's full of EU loving, anti democratic, anti British hope we fail, remoan at any cost types. Sad but true.

Angel1.

anti democratic and anti british are those millionaires / billionaires that will willingly sell us down the river to make a buck, and all those idiotic sheep that swallowed the decades of lies to such an extent they cant tell fact from fiction and willing to go along with them.

traitors the lot of em

im actually now tired of being nice 

Edited by melthebell

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

A no-deal exit for the UK is not good for the EU and that is one single reason why the EU should re-open negotiations or agree to a last-minute manage exit for the UK.

A no-deal is far, far preferable to undermining the single market.

That is exactly why the EU hasn't moved an inch for 9 months, and will let you go out without a deal if you don't sign up to the WA with the backstop.

The EU doesn't do 'last minute' deals with third party countries either. Ever. Only with EU member states. You don't want to be an EU member state after 31 October. That makes you a third party country on 1st November.

The sooner you cop on about all that, the sooner we can all move on.

Edited by L00b

18 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

I’m trying to get my head around your generation, probably the most fortunate generation to have ever existed in this country. No National Service, full employment, decent pay, free HE, affordable housing, decent occupational pensions, early retirement etc etc. Why are you so bitter and twisted?

Edited by Mister Gee

18 minutes ago, melthebell said:

anti democratic and anti british are those millionaires / billionaires that will willingly sell us down the river to make a buck, and all those idiotic sheep that swallowed the decades of lies to such an extent they cant tell fact from fiction and willing to go along with them.

traitors the lot of em

im actually now tired of being nice 

Boris Johnson's brother is currently in Hong Kong advising local investors about disaster capitalism moves against the UK. For your reading pleasure.

That is the UK Prime Minister's own brother.

Just thought I'd let you know, in case you missed it. Sorry about your blood pressure.

Edited by L00b

9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’m trying to get my head around your generation, probably the most fortunate generation to have ever existed in this country. No National Service, full employment, decent pay, free HE, affordable housing, decent occupational pensions, early retirement etc etc. Why are you so bitter and twisted?

The media, and people like farage peddling lies for decades

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

More lies billy liar.

Im hoping our country doesn’t commit economic suicide in the vague hope of keeping the tory party together. 

Anti british? I’m not, you are and you can’t even see it.

56 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

That is an excellent question.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

the referendum result was decisive 

You have posted some nonsense on this thread fella, but that has got to be top three.

The referendum was too close to call the day before. On the day itself, Leave got just 1% of the electorate than Remain then the day after the vote, Remain were back ahead by 1-2%.

I’m struggling to think of any vote in modern history that was less decisive.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You have posted some nonsense on this thread fella, but that has got to be top three.

The referendum was too close to call the day before. On the day itself, Leave got just 1% of the electorate than Remain then the day after the vote, Remain were back ahead by 1-2%.

The referendum for Sweden to join the EU was similarly close (although not quite). 52% yes to 47% no (rounded figures, 1% spoilt). Polling beforehand had suggested that no was the favourite, and there was evidence of a lower turnout of would be no voters. 

Both the 1972 and 1994  referendums for Norway to join the EU was also pretty close. The 1994 one was 52% vs 48% 

43 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nobody voted the day before the referendum or the day after the referendum. You're the one who is writing nonsense.  

I'm struggling to think of any ruling party in modern history who  got  as much as 52%  share of the vote in a General Election.  

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Angel1  wrote the truth.  It's those who still don't respect the democratic referendum result and want Boris Johnson to fail to get a deal who are bitter and twisted.

Edited by Lockdoctor