Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

54 minutes ago, retep said:

The CAA will take over from the  EASA, I'm sure they are more than capable of sorting things out.

Absolutely!

Give it about 10 years and a few billion quid and we may have something that is recognised by other aviation bodies.

What do you suggest we do in the meantime?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Absolutely!

Give it about 10 years and a few billion quid and we may have something that is recognised by other aviation bodies.

Unicorns that fly?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Absolutely!

I'm sure they'll appreciate your confidence in them,

"CAAi is the technical cooperation, consulting and aviation training arm of the UK Civil Aviation Authority. We have provided aviation safety, security and economic regulation assistance in over 140 countries,  supporting ICAO and EASA to help shape tomorrow’s aviation."

https://caainternational.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxKe27_CT5AIVieh3Ch3tUw_eEAAYASAAEgKpHfD_BwE

18 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Unicorns that fly?

As long as they are properly certified. 😉

Like it or not, the ONLY way that UK registered aviation can continue to operate after a no-deal Brexit would be for the UK to join EASA as an associate member like Norway, Switzerland or Iceland.

As this would have to be done in advance of leaving the EU then it would not technically be a no-deal exit. And we’d still have the problem of having our aviation regulated by Brussels with no say in the decision making which would make some people’s heads explode.

Whichever way you look at it, Brexit is such a dumb idea! 🙄

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Whichever way you look at it, Brexit is such a dumb idea! 🙄

But a great excuse for a party :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, retep said:

I'm sure they'll appreciate your confidence in them,

"CAAi is the technical cooperation, consulting and aviation training arm of the UK Civil Aviation Authority.

I have every confidence in the CAA who are one of the finest aviation bodies in the world.

They are not however, a stand alone regulator and the rules, air law and certification that they administer are those that have been made by EASA for the past 16 years. Anyone thinking that aviation regulation can be done on a UK-wide only basis, by waving the Union Jack and shouting about the sunny uplands, should Google Boeing 737 MAX and have a good read.

The FAA has been working with Boeing for months now to find a solution to what is a relatively minor part of air safety regulation and it will take many more months before a fix is found and certified. The FAA is a massive, well funded organisation which has been overseeing US aviation for over 60 years. Are you seriously trying to claim that such an organisation can be up and running in less than three months, powered by Boris Johnson’s ‘can do’ attitude?

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I have every confidence in the CAA who are one of the finest aviation bodies in the world.

They are not however, a stand alone regulator and the rules, air law and certification that they administer are those that have been made by EASA for the past 16 years. Anyone thinking that aviation regulation can be done on a UK-wide only basis, by waving the Union Jack and shouting about the sunny uplands, should Google Boeing 737 MAX and have a good read.

The FAA has been working with Boeing for months now to find a solution to what is a relatively minor part of air safety regulation and it will take many more months before a fix is found and certified. The FAA is a massive, well funded organisation which has been overseeing US aviation for over 60 years. Are you seriously trying to claim that such an organisation can be up and running in less than three months, powered by Boris Johnson’s ‘can do’ attitude?

I'm not claiming anything, it appears you are.

3 minutes ago, retep said:

I'm not claiming anything, it appears you are.

I read your posts as an attempt to claim that the CAA could simply take over from EASA on 1 November.

If not, then are you cool with our aviation being regulated by Europe with us having no say in how it is run and all air law ultimately being decided by the European Court of Justice? 😵

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I read your posts as an attempt to claim that the CAA could simply take over from EASA on 1 November.

If not, then are you cool with our aviation being regulated by Europe with us having no say in how it is run and all air law ultimately being decided by the European Court of Justice? 😵

When we are out I hope our aviation is regulated by the UK.

8 minutes ago, retep said:

When we are out I hope our aviation is regulated by the UK.

Not only a few bumps in the road ahead but also a bit of turbulence in the air.

Numerous suggestions as to how the problems could possibly be circumvented,but a complete absence of the benefits that we might enjoy from either our politicians or Brexit minded forum contributors.

24 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Not only a few bumps in the road ahead but also a bit of turbulence in the air.

Numerous suggestions as to how the problems could possibly be circumvented,but a complete absence of the benefits that we might enjoy from either our politicians or Brexit minded forum contributors.

Most turbulence caused by the hot air from the remoaners.