Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Sunday Times have a huge scoop. 

Operation Yellowhammer, which is the Government's 'no deal' (or absence of a deal) has been leaked and revealed:

‘This is not Project Fear — it’s what we face after no-deal Brexit’. Codenamed Yellowhammer, it is the clandestine operation intended to prepare the UK for a no-deal Brexit. In one of his first acts as prime minister, Boris Johnson declared that he would “turbocharge” the UK’s preparation for no-deal on October 31, appointing Michael Gove to lead the cross- government efforts.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/this-is-not-project-fear-its-what-we-face-after-no-deal-brexit-3p2cdq9zd

Which, amongst other impacts will, involve shortages of fuel, a 3 month meltdown at the UK's ports, a hard border in Ireland

I read earlier in the Independent that over 100 MPs have now written to Johnson to recall parliament early, because of the looming 'national emergency':

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-parliament-recall-letter-house-of-commons-brexit-a9063996.html

Edited by Mister M

7 hours ago, Mister M said:

Operation Yellowhammer, which is the Government's 'no deal' (or absence of a deal) has been leaked and revealed:

‘This is not Project Fear — it’s what we face after no-deal Brexit’. Codenamed Yellowhammer, it is the clandestine operation intended to prepare the UK for a no-deal Brexit. In one of his first acts as prime minister, Boris Johnson declared that he would “turbocharge” the UK’s preparation for no-deal on October 31, appointing Michael Gove to lead the cross- government efforts.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/this-is-not-project-fear-its-what-we-face-after-no-deal-brexit-3p2cdq9zd

Which, amongst other impacts will, involve shortages of fuel, a 3 month meltdown at the UK's ports, a hard border in Ireland

I read earlier in the Independent that over 100 MPs have now written to Johnson to recall parliament early, because of the looming 'national emergency':

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-parliament-recall-letter-house-of-commons-brexit-a9063996.html

If there is a hard border with Ireland, you can kiss any trade deal with the US goodbye. Even if Trump says he wants one, he won’t get to sign one because the Democrats won’t let it through Congress.

Someone said that Labour MPs would would vote against a no confidence vote because it would lead to a general election are bonkers. No Labour MP would do that because they would be going against the possibility of being in government. No opposition MP would turn down the chance of being the governing party. If they did they would be deselected, in no time.  

Edited by Albert the Cat

4 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

If there is a hard border with Ireland, you can kiss any trade deal with the US goodbye. Even if Trump says he wants one, he won’t get to sign one because the Democrats won’t let it through Congress. 

Or Republicans.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Or Republicans.

Not so sure about that. I think “if” it somehow went through Congress, the Senate is far less likely to stop it.  

Anyway for those concerned about chlorinated chicken flooding the UK after Brexit, fear not. Ben Bradley, the gormless MP for Mansfield pointed out:

" Errmmm... We have chlorinated TAP WATER in this country. Worth thinking about before kicking off about chlorinated chicken."

https://twitter.com/bbradleymp/status/1162623129895809024

The dozy dobber makes Chris Grayling look like mastermind :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

If this is another leaked document what are we paying our security services for.

I'd be looking at the remoaners.

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

Pretty much destroys the idea that the UK won't install a hard border in NI too.... didn't see that coming :?

Worth noting that this isn't Operation Black Swan, which was about the possible worst case scenarios...

Operation Yellowhammer is what government thinks *will* happen!

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, retep said:

If this is another leaked document what are we paying our security services for.

I take it from that, you believe information like that should be kept hidden from the public?

1 hour ago, retep said:

The term you were looking for is “Reminders”, there to constantly remind the brexiteers of the damage their Brexit vote is doing to the country.

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This will be the same Telegraph that lied to its readers last week, about support for Johnson prorouging Parliament?

Sky, Express, Inews, Politics home,   it'll leak down to the Guardian eventually.