Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

8 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Personally I don’t think the EU will grant us a further extension. 

Didn't the new EU president already make a comment saying they would allow another extension?

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, the EU have said time and time again that the best deal is the one we already have.

It is now simply a case of no-deal or remain, so of course they’ll give us an extension.

We are not talking about what we had before the referendum. We are talking about the deal negotiated between the EU and UK which they have said was a good one. Our parliament rejected this three times. Our parliament has thrown this back in their faces and now can’t really complain about a no deal outcome. The EU are fed up and if we do ask for a extension I can see them saying you’ve had your chance but no thanks let’s get on with it now.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, the EU have said time and time again that the best deal is the one we already have.

It is now simply a case of no-deal or remain, so of course they’ll give us an extension.

It is a deal that is on the 'right', more harder than soft. It does not allow free movement.

Boris is pro-immigration, one of his views that we know about, so once this no deal and 31st Oct is binned, he might get a different deal, which means free movement, in all but name.

That is, if Boris is still in charge.

56 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

The EU are fed up and if we do ask for a extension I can see them saying you’ve had your chance but no thanks let’s get on with it now.

Yes but unlike our current government, the EU isn’t a five year old child who throws the toys out of the pram in frustration. They no that the best future for both the UK and the EU is for Britain to remain in the EU.

Extending Article 50 will be for the purpose of allowing the UK to sack off Article 50, not to facilitate endless renegotiations.

58 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes but unlike our current government, the EU isn’t a five year old child who throws the toys out of the pram in frustration. They no that the best future for both the UK and the EU is for Britain to remain in the EU.

Extending Article 50 will be for the purpose of allowing the UK to sack off Article 50, not to facilitate endless renegotiations.

There isn’t going to be renegotiations they have made that clear. And who the UK chooses to govern them should be free from European interference.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The best deal for them maybe, but not for fhe UK.

Try reading europa.eu where the EU publishes what it plans for the future.

I'm not going to spoon feed you with quotes, read it all for yourself.

Still want to stay in?

3 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

Try reading europa.eu where the EU publishes what it plans for the future.

I'm not going to spoon feed you with quotes, read it all for yourself.

Still want to stay in?

I understand that you don’t want to spoon feed me with quotes, but just do one please. 

Spoon feed me with a business reason for leaving. One that will make us all richer. One that points out how we are going to trade with our biggest partner, or how we will replace them.

Go on. Get that spoon out.

14 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

Try to keep up.

Even Leave supporters are now saying that any alternative to our existing position would be a complete mess, but we have to continue as we voted for it in 2016. 😂

18 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

To secure an extension to Article 50, remove the threat of no-deal then allow a general election which will be effectively a second referendum with the Tories, Farage and UKIP standing for Leave and pretty much everyone else standing for Remain. 

Do a little more research, apparently there are Labour MP's who will vote against " an election which is effectively a second referendum. " as some Labour MP's actually believe in democracy.

Angel1. 

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Try to keep up.

Even Leave supporters are now saying that any alternative to our existing position would be a complete mess, but we have to continue as we voted for it in 2016. 😂

Evidence of this please which is irrefutable and not subjective.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Try to keep up.

If that was the case why are remain MP's trying to gang up ?

9 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Do a little more research, apparently there are Labour MP's who will vote against " an election which is effectively a second referendum. " as some Labour MP's actually believe in democracy.

Angel1. 

Evidence of this please which is irrefutable and not subjective.

Angel1.

Yes, we know about the Kate Hoeys, John Manns etc. but they are more than offset by the number of Tory MPs who have already publicly stated that they are prepared to support a motion of no confidence. Dominic Grieve has also said that he knows 50-70 Tory MPs who will support a vote of no confidence when it come to the crunch and we are faced with no-deal.

As far as Leave supporters saying no deal will be damaging, I refer you to three Brexit extremists, Steve (shotgun) Baker,, Mark François and Jacob Rees-Mogg who have all said that a no-deal Brexit will do damage, but that we have to put up with it to get to the ‘sunny uplands’.

It's been reported that Owen Jones who campaigns against a no deal Brexit amongst other things was the subject of a vicious street assault by a gang of "right wing thugs", who kicked him in the head repeatedly:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49381944

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/owen-jones-attack-pub-far-right-assault-a9063816.html

Only today Dominic Grieve was speaking about the death threats he's been receiving....

Edited by Mister M