Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

11 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

I expected the personal abuse from the unemployed remoaners, but never mind , I couldn't care less about their opinion.

Are you typing through those tears?

So brave.

#prayforgomgeg

2 minutes ago, crunge said:

I feel this thread ought to have a more neutral title; "consequences" has a negative connotation .

Ooo, do you have some positives?

AWESOME.

1 minute ago, gomgeg said:

Fortunately, I don't need your permission to post on here.

Also,  I don't send letters to any newspaper, or use any other source of social media, despite being retired after working for 50 years I haven't got the time for other than the occasional visit on here.

I didn’t say that you needed my permission. I simply asked you if you had anything to add to the discussion.

Answering a different question to the one you’ve been asked is the act of a charlatan.

Just now, Pettytom said:

I didn’t say that you needed my permission. I simply asked you if you had anything to add to the discussion.

Answering a different question to the one you’ve been asked is the act of a charlatan.

Or any current government minister.

13 minutes ago, convert said:

I'm familiar with the fact that most media sources have a bias, one way or another.

I'm also familiar with the treasaury impct analysis from 2016, that stated we would lose between 3.6 and 6.0% of GDP in the 2 years following a Leave vote. GDP actually rose in those 2 years.

I tend to take all forecasts and polls with a pinch of salt. 

Just like the referendum ignored that ones that couldn't be bothered to vote in 2016.

A measured response, but dodging the issue: do you have an opinion about proroguing Parliament to get Brexit through (assuming Johnson isn't bluffing) , or about the 44%|54% who approve of the notion?

(we can keep Carney's massive QE effort in the week that followed the 2016 ref and it's effect on UK plc for another time, I'm assuming you're also familiar with that one?)

Edited by L00b

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This thread was started before I joined, but I assume that it was spawned out of a million different Brexit threads which were culled to a more manageable hand full of specific threads, this one being specifically about the consequences. 

Its been basically, a dozen or so Posters with several thousand posts each.

28 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Its been basically, a dozen or so Posters with several thousand posts each.

LOL , right on the money ,mate. :lol:

19 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’d love to, but he seems to be saying while he was drinking to excess and dressing up in Nazi uniforms he was ‘good’ Harry, but then he goes and marries a mixed race woman and starts talking about the environment and becomes ‘bad’ Harry. 😕

In other news, Trumps’s attack dog John Bolton is in London saying that the US is championing the idea of a ‘no deal’ Brexit. Surely even the dumbest of Leave supporters should have at least some alarm bells ringing at this idea.

Bolton is a full weight wrong un. Of all the reasons to oppose a hard Brexit the fact that Bolton and Trump want it is a very  compelling one.

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

LOL , right on the money ,mate. :lol:

I guess people like to think themselves as being intellectuals, but I dare say no better or worse than the current set of clowns down at Westminster.

This thread is  for those  afforded with perfectionist traits.

20 minutes ago, steve68 said:

I guess people like to think themselves as being intellectuals, but I dare say no better or worse than the current set of clowns down at Westminster.

This thread is  for those  afforded with perfectionist traits.

I’m not a perfectionist, or an intellectual - far from it. Consequences - both predicted and realised - have been put on here, then they get shouted down as project fear. Evidence is presented and dismissed. Pleas for brexit positives are asked for and ignored (I’ve asked my mp and he’s got **** all as well). 

The only new thing recently is the weapons grade lies coming from Johnson and his cohorts. They are really are whoppers and very easily provable. I know brexiters don’t post as much but they can still find time to call me a remoaner and blame me and my ilk for the lack of brexit (despite the erg not voting for mays deal) and periodically calling me a traitor.

There. You’re all caught up. Pretty much 3 years of it.

And now I’m done.

8 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m not a perfectionist, or an intellectual - far from it. Consequences - both predicted and realised - have been put on here, then they get shouted down as project fear. Evidence is presented and dismissed. Pleas for brexit positives are asked for and ignored (I’ve asked my mp and he’s got **** all as well). 

The only new thing recently is the weapons grade lies coming from Johnson and his cohorts. They are really are whoppers and very easily provable. I know brexiters don’t post as much but they can still find time to call me a remoaner and blame me and my ilk for the lack of brexit (despite the erg not voting for mays deal) and periodically calling me a traitor.

And now I’m done.

Exactly

52 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And now I’m done.

The key word was (traits)   Another one I maybe should have added was that of Neuroticism 

59 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And now I’m done.

So if you are done, does that mean you have switched sides? :thumbsup:

Love the "weapons grade lies". That is really funny, and I am not being sarcastic.Lol