Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Did I read somewhere the other day that the Queen was heard saying that she wasn’t greatly impressed by politicians at the time of the EU referendum.

Lord alone knows what she must think of them now! 😵

40 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I agree that Cummings is trying to whip up divisions with his 'us [the people] against them [politicians]'.

Unfortunately for Cummings, it was disclosed by the Guardian that he received €235,000 in EU handouts, because he is part owner of a farm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q="€235,000 in EU"&src=trend_click

Undermines the image he is trying portray of 'man of the people against the Euro elite'

Unfortunately for you (remainers), that disclosure is going to be as much use for curbing Cummings' influence and the current government's trajectory, as all the other disclosures of the past 3 years, each of which bad enough (in any sane political circumstances and system) that it should haved holed Brexiters below the waterline: it's not even going to register as so much of a blip with the public.

Brexit is an extreme form of politics and, 3 years on, Brexiters demonstrate the full potency of the Dunning Kruger effect.

Edited by L00b

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Did I read somewhere the other day that the Queen was heard saying that she wasn’t greatly impressed by politicians at the time of the EU referendum.

Lord alone knows what she must think of them now! 😵

I doubt whether she is impressed with Farage, especially as he called her mother an overweight chain smoking gin lush, and said that her grand daughter law, Meghan Markle, has made Prince Harry less popular because they now advocate for environmental campaigns. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/12/nigel-farage-prince-harry-meghan-markle-overweight-queen-mother-cpac-brexit

What he means is that he doesn't like the colour of Meghan Markle's skin, but like most closet racists hasn't the balls to say it.

Edited by Mister M

39 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I doubt whether she is impressed with Farage, especially as he called her mother an overweight chain smoking gin lush, and said that her grand daughter law, Meghan Markle, has made Prince Harry less popular because they now advocate for environmental campaigns. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/12/nigel-farage-prince-harry-meghan-markle-overweight-queen-mother-cpac-brexit

What he means is that he doesn't like the colour of Meghan Markle's skin, but like most closet racists hasn't the balls to say it.

Another who posts untrouth in the hope of damaging Nigel. Here is what he said of the queen mum.

" “When it comes to her son, when it comes to Charlie Boy and climate change, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Her mother, Her Royal Highness the Queen’s mother was a slightly overweight, chain-smoking gin drinker who lived to 101 years old. All I can say is Charlie Boy is now in his 70s … may the Queen live a very, very long time.”

Very different to the top post, don't you think. 

Even the Harry/Meghan quote is twaddle. Sunday paper Jurno, praised the pre wed Harry as a good all round chap and the most popular of  the Royals. Since his recent wedding his ratings have seemingly plummeted, not helped by the christening fiasco ,the debacle of the 118 jet climate change meeting and the Royal couples announcement of their "only two children" to help save the planet. I don't see any thing there even slightly racist, unless like Mr M you are looking for it.

Angel1.

27 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Another who posts untrouth in the hope of damaging Nigel. Here is what he said of the queen mum.

" “When it comes to her son, when it comes to Charlie Boy and climate change, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Her mother, Her Royal Highness the Queen’s mother was a slightly overweight, chain-smoking gin drinker who lived to 101 years old. All I can say is Charlie Boy is now in his 70s … may the Queen live a very, very long time.”

Very different to the top post, don't you think. 

Even the Harry/Meghan quote is twaddle. Sunday paper Jurno, praised the pre wed Harry as a good all round chap and the most popular of  the Royals. Since his recent wedding his ratings have seemingly plummeted, not helped by the christening fiasco ,the debacle of the 118 jet climate change meeting and the Royal couples announcement of their "only two children" to help save the planet. I don't see any thing there even slightly racist, unless like Mr M you are looking for it.

Angel1.

Why would his ratings fall because of a christening or his views on the planet, but rise - in farages view (who does these ratings by the way) dressing up as a nazi won’t make his ratings go down. Do you find that odd?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Why would his ratings fall because of a christening or his views on the planet, but rise - in farages view (who does these ratings by the way) dressing up as a nazi won’t make his ratings go down. Do you find that odd?

Context is everything.

He was speaking at a gathering of the Conservative Political Action Conference, a right wing Australian political organisation which is itself a fairly racist body.

And let’s not forget that Farage himself is not averse to stirring up racial hatred so I would give you good odds on him having an issue with Ms Markle’s race.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Context is everything.

He was speaking at a gathering of the Conservative Political Action Conference, a right wing Australian political organisation which is itself a fairly racist body.

And let’s not forget that Farage himself is not averse to stirring up racial hatred so I would give you good odds on him having an issue with Ms Markle’s race.

Say it ain’t so!

47 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Say it ain’t so!

I’d love to, but he seems to be saying while he was drinking to excess and dressing up in Nazi uniforms he was ‘good’ Harry, but then he goes and marries a mixed race woman and starts talking about the environment and becomes ‘bad’ Harry. 😕

In other news, Trumps’s attack dog John Bolton is in London saying that the US is championing the idea of a ‘no deal’ Brexit. Surely even the dumbest of Leave supporters should have at least some alarm bells ringing at this idea.

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’d love to, but he seems to be saying while he was drinking to excess and dressing up in Nazi uniforms he was ‘good’ Harry, but then he goes and marries a mixed race woman and starts talking about the environment and becomes ‘bad’ Harry. 😕

In other news, Trumps’s attack dog John Bolton is in London saying that the US is championing the idea of a ‘no deal’ Brexit. Surely even the dumbest of Leave supporters should have at least some alarm bells ringing at this idea.

Don’t be silly, of course they won’t.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Of course it won't but it should, the US can't wait to rape us, grab the best deal they can we are desperate and Vunerable. They have all the cards, and obviously protectionist form

one of the arguments often trotted out FOR leaving the EU, was that it would protect us against TTIP (the aggressively neoliberal trade deal that America wanted with the EU), if we're out of the EU, we're out of TTIP, right? - there's something approaching a case to  heard there.

let's remember that TTIP was almost universally hated across the EU (and in the UK - even among some tories), it was simply never going to happen.

guess what ? TTIP is back, and this time we're desperate.

Edited by ads36

8 minutes ago, ads36 said:

one of the arguments often trotted out FOR leaving the EU, was that it would protect us against TTIP (the aggressively neoliberal trade deal that America wanted with the EU), if we're out of the EU, we're out of TTIP, right? - there's something approaching a case to  heard there.

The only reasonably sane person I know who voted to leave, did so for exactly this reason. She is a vegan and animal welfare is her biggest concern. Needless to say, she very much regrets doing it now.