Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

23 minutes ago, retep said:

The money the EU expect us to pay for theirs,

You'll look great in one of their uniforms, seems like you've no faith in the UK's

Do you know how much the eu wanted us to pay for the army?

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do you know how much the eu wanted us to pay for the army?

It was written on that bus, wasn’t it?

1 hour ago, retep said:

The money the EU expect us to pay for theirs,

You'll look great in one of their uniforms, seems like you've no faith in the UK's

It can’t be much fun living in such a bonkers paranoid world. 😳

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It can’t be much fun living in such a bonkers paranoid world. 😳

Buyers remorse.

I think that a great many Brexiters are beginning to see that they’ve broken the country. It isn’t surprising that they lash out from time to time.

2 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Thatcher was well prepared.Lord Carrington had intelligence about the Falklands invasion long before it happened. It was the best thing that could have happened for Thatcher and her government, they were licking their chops at the very thought of it. Her ratings were at an all time low before the invasion and at an all time high after the intervention of British troops.

Quite, I'm attributing the lack of preparedness to Argentina :thumbsup:

.. that, and that they were the smaller power economically and militarily... much like the UK is regarding Brexit :?

32 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Buyers remorse.

I think that a great many Brexiters are beginning to see that they’ve broken the country. It isn’t surprising that they lash out from time to time.

Many leavers (all the ones I know), voted for a Norway/EEA/SM/CU style arrangement... they're horrified at how their vote has been hijacked by the current crop of loons.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Buyers remorse.

"Broken the country " lol. How can any democratic government on earth ever allow that to happen because of a referendum?

Put the sandwich board away and think of solutions to the "problems" ahead instead of ridiculing everyone who thinks that leaving is a good thing.

I am assuming you believe in a democratic society, therefore respect the majority decision and then do something to help turn it in your favour instead of accepting it and being a doomsayer.

Some of you guys seem to thrive on gloomy outlooks rather than thinking of ways to work within the framework of a democratic vote.

Just remember the three stages of a preconceived gloomy outlook i.e.Denial..Anger..Acceptance..

Most of you are in the Anger mode at the moment. However Acceptance will arrive on Halloween...Deal with it.

16 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

"Broken the country " lol. How can any democratic government on earth ever allow that to happen because of a referendum?

Put the sandwich board away and think of solutions to the "problems" ahead instead of ridiculing everyone who thinks that leaving is a good thing.

I am assuming you believe in a democratic society, therefore respect the majority decision and then do something to help turn it in your favour instead of accepting it and being a doomsayer.

Some of you guys seem to thrive on gloomy outlooks rather than thinking of ways to work within the framework of a democratic vote.

Just remember the three stages of a preconceived gloomy outlook i.e.Denial..Anger..Acceptance..

Most of you are in the Anger mode at the moment. However Acceptance will arrive on Halloween...Deal with it.

Parliament in crisis. Rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the world.

Sterling plummeting.

Inward investment tricking away to almost nothing.

No trade deals. 

Threats from other nations about terms for potential deals.

Food crisis incoming

Government setting aside taxpayers money to shore up private business 

I’d say we were pretty broken.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Sterling plummeting.

No trade deals. 

Food crisis incoming

You have forgotten to add the end of the world the day after Brexit. 

Come the first day free from the corrupt EU, nowt will happen, life will go on, although it will be better.

Angel1.

4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Come the first day free from the corrupt EU, nowt will happen, life will go on, although it will be better.

Angel1.

I agree that nothing will happen on the first day after Brexit.

I was taking a slightly longer term view than

that though.

26 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I am assuming you believe in a democratic society, therefore respect the majority decision and then do something to help turn it in your favour instead of accepting it

It was not a majority decision of the public as a whole, but a slight majority of those who chose to partake in a non binding referendum. It was also over three years ago and a lot has changed since then.

The referendum was respected they day after the vote, when the government pledged to take the UK out of the EU. The fact that this has proved very difficult largely due to it being an incredibly stupid idea without majority support has nothing really to do with the referendum. Apart from anything else, every credible poll since 2016 without exception has shown that the majority of British citizens wish to remain in the EU.

Now that we are in no doubt of the damage that will be done, it will be criminally negligent to press on with this ridiculous idea.

37 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I’m glad you’ve brought denial up. We have a government making plans to airlift food in to the country in the event of a no deal. 

Theres been umpteen reasons why brexit is a bad idea. It’s not project fear, these things are happening, right now. It’s not a “gloomy outlook”, or in Boris words not a case of not believing enough. Bad things, directly linked to brexit, are happening NOW. 

27 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Sterling plummeting.

No trade deals. 

Food crisis incoming

Look on the bright side, at least we’ll have a new 50p brexit coin.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/11/sajid-javids-plan-to-flood-tills-with-brexit-50p-coins