Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Just now, gomgeg said:

There used to be a bloke on here who said one of his relatives had voted for brexit then regretted it. Then a few weeks later told us the same story but then it was a different relative.

When  it was pointed out to him that he'd already used that anecdote he said he was always getting his cousin mixed up with his nephew.

Easy mistake to make I suppose, I'm always getting my cousin and nephew mixed up.

Mind you I've no excuse, her moustache is a lot bigger than his.

Unattributed fake news.

Did you make that up yourself, or get it off Facebook?

Just now, Pettytom said:

Unattributed fake news.

Did you make that up yourself, or get it off Facebook?

If you look back through my previous posts you'll find it was me who pointed it out to him.

So no , not unattributed.

I'm sure you'll find it, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands, 

1 minute ago, gomgeg said:

If you look back through my previous posts you'll find it was me who pointed it out to him.

So no , not unattributed.

I'm sure you'll find it, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands, 

To be honest, I’ve got some carrots to weed.

And my hair to wash

So, I’ll pass on furtling through your old posts, as entertaining as I’m sure they are.

2 hours ago, gomgeg said:

You've got to laugh at the unemployed remoaners, having a go at somebody who doesn't spend all day on forums.

Perhaps he's got family, friends and a job, and hasn't got too much time on his hands for making up fairy tales.

Nah, I'll leave the fairy tales to the leading Brexiteers, who promise "sunlit uplands". Here's a few:

"There will be no downsides to Brexit, only considerable upsides." David Davies.

"The free trade agreement we will do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history." Liam Fox.

"There will be no change to the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic". Michael Gove, Boris Johnson and Priti Patel.

"Not a single job will be lostbecause of Brexit." Iain Duncan Smith.

Leaving would be "quick and easy" because "the UK holds most of the cards in any negotiation." John Redwood.

"The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want." Michael Gove.

By the way I do have a job. For the moment - who knows in a years time....If I do lose it, it won't be because of any laziness on my part , but  a tanking economy thanks to Brexit.

There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside

David Davis, 14 July 2016 T0016
Edited by Mister M

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Unattributed fake news. 

Where did you find it?  Facebook? 

Let's just say it's from a more credible source than your "will of the people" and "largest vote ever" guff :hihi:

Hmmm, "one-year spending review".. sounds a lot like an Emergency Budget.... :suspect:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49286339

Project Fear? :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

BBC reporting that twelve ships isn’t enough to enforce fisheries exclusion zone around Britain. It’s also not enough to enforce the ‘border’ then. Anybody given any of this any thought?

8 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

BBC reporting that twelve ships isn’t enough to enforce fisheries exclusion zone around Britain. It’s also not enough to enforce the ‘border’ then. Anybody given any of this any thought?

“We will take back control and our sovereignty!”........ just repeat this enough times and your typical leave voter will then think the issue will magically resolve itself. 

58 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

The problem the UK will have as an ex-member of the EU is that we will no longer have any protection in matters like this. If Spanish fishing fleets choose to fish British waters the EU will neither know nor care about it. 

The same goes for Gibraltar. If Spain one days decides to annexe it, the EU will not take a stand as it will involve a non EU country rather than being a dispute between two members.

It’s always better to be in the club than a disgraced ex member.

39 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The problem the UK will have as an ex-member of the EU is that we will no longer have any protection in matters like this. If Spanish fishing fleets choose to fish British waters the EU will neither know nor care about it. 

The same goes for Gibraltar. If Spain one days decides to annexe it, the EU will not take a stand as it will involve a non EU country rather than being a dispute between two members.

It’s always better to be in the club than a disgraced ex member.

I seem to remember the Argentinians trying to annex a little bit of Britain

That didn't end to well for them did it.  

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

A salient example of what happens when you're not properly prepared! Sounds a lot like Brexit :?

19 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

It didn’t end too well for the thousand or so people who lost their lives.

As a general principle, avoiding military conflict is a good idea.

You extremist Brexiters might think differently though.