Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

15 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Well we keep fighting or we don’t.

One option is to let it happen and then let Brexiters experience it.

Im not complacent but I think I’ve done enough to protect my family financially.

Obviously we could go into a deep recession and our services could collapse. I can’t do much to protect against illnesses my family may suffer and not be able to get treatment, the closure of my kids schools or a deterioration in law and order. All those things are possible but I think Brexiters have to experience it now. It’s the only way they will learn.

Will they learn? Or will they just blame another group of people?

Johnson, Gove et al (skidmore got well and truly rinsed by Krishnan  guru Murthy) are all doubling down on lies (often but not always unchallenged) and are now busy building another lie that a no deal brexit is down to the EU. They will be ably assisted by swathes of the press and leavers on the whole will buy it. That’s the thing with populism, there’s always someone else to blame. 

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Johnson, Gove et al (skidmore got well and truly rinsed by Krishnan  guru Murthy) are all doubling down on lies (often but not always unchallenged) and are now busy building another lie that a no deal brexit is down to the EU. They will be ably assisted by swathes of the press and leavers on the whole will buy it. That’s the thing with populism, there’s always someone else to blame. 

They can try, but the public haranging they'll get will be severe regardless (IMHO)... pilloried as fools at work, down the pub, in the street... everywhere.

Emotions get pretty high when people lose their jobs and homes I hear....

Edited by Magilla

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

They can try, but the public haranging they'll get will be severe regardless (IMHO)... pilloried as fools at work, down the pub, in the street... everywhere.

Emotions get pretty high when people lose their jobs and homes I hear....

But angry people can be easy to influence. You know and I know if after a period of economic difficulties, the far right do alright. They might not be able to sell that it’s the  eus fault anymore but you can bet they’ll start blaming other immigrants, Muslims, the large number of Indians that are likely to be heading to our shores after a UK/India trade deal. What’s also important is a well lead opposition. We don’t have one currently.

55 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What’s the endgame? Sooner or later people will realise. Extremist politics always fails

42 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But angry people can be easy to influence. You know and I know if after a period of economic difficulties, the far right do alright. They might not be able to sell that it’s the  eus fault anymore but you can bet they’ll start blaming other immigrants, Muslims, the large number of Indians that are likely to be heading to our shores after a UK/India trade deal. What’s also important is a well lead opposition. We don’t have one currently.

Yes they are easy to influence but they are also quick to blame. The key is directing the blame at the people who deserve it

Consequence of remoaners?

4 The dire constitutional consequences of remaining will very likely force an abdication by the Monarch. She would either have to accept a state of perjury or maintain the Crown's honour by abdication. Her oaths of office will have become entirely corrupted such that no successor could undertake them, thus the total demise of the Crown is a very real and inherent risk in remaining.

Failure to terminate the membership of the European Union will continue to lead us all deeper into a treasonous liability arising from placing our governance subject to a foreign Potentate. That Potentate is unelected by the UK's electorate, is unaccountable to them and irremovable by them.

This is an absolute affront to the Dignity and Majesty of the Crown. It could foreshadow the total demise of the Monarchy.

When Brexit is finally done, Parliament must be shown to have discharged its absolute responsibility not to have reduced its own omnipotence.

In summary, the British public must be brought to an understanding that Brexit is a vital precondition for the maintenance of our sovereignty and independence and that our political forces are acting responsibly and with great integrity on behalf of the whole community.  In passing, it will do no harm to remind all levels of Parliament in this process.

Lord James of Blackheath CBE

https://www.ukcolumn.org/about-uk-column

3 minutes ago, retep said:

thus the total demise of the Crown is a very real and inherent risk in remaining.

Win win! 😀👍

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

What’s the endgame? Sooner or later people will realise. Extremist politics always fails

I’m not at all sure that there is an end game or any plan other than to save the Conservative party and to keep the power in the hands of the ruling classes.

My TV screen is in danger if Boris ,Gove et al continue with this shifting the blame towards the EU.

It was a mess 3 years ago when the current incumbents contrived to dodge any responsibility,and incredibly within days they have managed to worsen our future.

I know that over the years it has been a common refrain to criticise politicians of all parties ,but In the 50 years that I have been a voter I have never felt so disenchanted with the two major parties.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Consequence of remoaners?

4 The dire constitutional consequences of remaining will very likely force an abdication by the Monarch. She would either have to accept a state of perjury or maintain the Crown's honour by abdication. Her oaths of office will have become entirely corrupted such that no successor could undertake them, thus the total demise of the Crown is a very real and inherent risk in remaining.

Failure to terminate the membership of the European Union will continue to lead us all deeper into a treasonous liability arising from placing our governance subject to a foreign Potentate. That Potentate is unelected by the UK's electorate, is unaccountable to them and irremovable by them.

This is an absolute affront to the Dignity and Majesty of the Crown. It could foreshadow the total demise of the Monarchy.

When Brexit is finally done, Parliament must be shown to have discharged its absolute responsibility not to have reduced its own omnipotence.

In summary, the British public must be brought to an understanding that Brexit is a vital precondition for the maintenance of our sovereignty and independence and that our political forces are acting responsibly and with great integrity on behalf of the whole community.  In passing, it will do no harm to remind all levels of Parliament in this process.

Lord James of Blackheath CBE

https://www.ukcolumn.org/about-uk-column

What utter crap. Seriously, you need to de-enrol from Gammon Academy

1 hour ago, retep said:

I thought that posting links without comment, was against forum rules. It is also pretty intellectually bankrupt.

Allow me to comment for you:

What total hogwash. The true betrayal of democracy will take place if BoJo railroads a no deal Brexit through against the wishes of our parliament.

If that happens, you leavers will deserve all you get. 

16 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I thought that posting links without comment, was against forum rules. It is also pretty intellectually bankrupt.

Allow me to comment for you:

What total hogwash. The true betrayal of democracy will take place if BoJo railroads a no deal Brexit through against the wishes of our parliament.

If that happens, you leavers will deserve all you get. 

Comment,- Consequence of remoaners?

And I think this chap, Lord James of Blackheath CBE may be a bit more in the know than a couple of non entities on this forum.

5 minutes ago, retep said:

And I think this chap, Lord James of Blackheath CBE may be a bit more in the know than a couple of non entities on this forum.

He’s got his own coat of arms, I grant you. But he’s an octogenarian, gammony, Tory buffoon.

He clearly knows very little about our democracy. Not atypical for a member of the upper house.

1 hour ago, retep said:

The Queen abdicating!!!

Come on dude, you’ve been done up like a kipper swallowing that nonsense

Seriously