Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

A rather good piece by the BBC showing how Dominic Raab is trying to rewrite Brexit history with regard to no deal;

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49165836

Did anyone in the official Vote Leave campaign (Johnson, Gove et al) warn of the consequences of no deal, or even the real possibility of one?

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

A rather good piece by the BBC showing how Dominic Raab is trying to rewrite Brexit history with regard to no deal;

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49165836

Did anyone in the official Vote Leave campaign (Johnson, Gove et al) warn of the consequences of no deal, or even the real possibility of one?

He's a crap liar. The crazy thing is under this mob that's his job.

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

(...)

I believe nobody in the official Vote Leave campaign (Johnson, Gove et al) warned of the consequences of no deal, or even the real possibility of one. That seems to be backed up by all the various fact-checking at the moment, such as you linked.

However, the official Remain campaign, and its leaflet, certainly did.

Now I believe that everybody in the official Vote Leave campaign (Johnson, Gove et al) consistently dubbed these Remain warnings “Project Fear”. Unless I am mistaken, and happy to be corrected if so.

It was going to be frictionless trade under the easiest deal in history.

Then that was downgraded to frictionless trade under WTO rules. 

Currently, you’re heading for tradeless friction under WTF rules.

Edited by L00b

Oh dear, it looks like Johnson’s high speed fibre broadband for all (which I shall call ‘ClownNet’), won’t be happening any time soon not least because of labour shortages caused by........

.........Brexit! 😮

10 minutes ago, Magilla said:

US says 'no free trade deal with UK unless digital tax scrapped'

The problem the UK will find with any new trade deal, is that our negotiating position will be as weak, if not weaker, than our negotiating position was with the EU over the withdrawal agreement.

Future trading partners aren’t stupid. Yes, they do want to trade with us, but they also see how desperate we are to replace deals done through the EU and will naturally take advantage of that.

We leave without a deal and we are going to be royally rinsed by pretty much everyone we approach for a deal particularly with the US.

Can anyone explain to me why a trade deal with an administration which goes under the slogan ‘America First’ is going to do us any favours at all? 😡

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The problem the UK will find with any new trade deal, is that our negotiating position will be as weak, if not weaker, than our negotiating position was with the EU over the withdrawal agreement.

Future trading partners aren’t stupid. Yes, they do want to trade with us, but they also see how desperate we are to replace deals done through the EU and will naturally take advantage of that.

We leave without a deal and we are going to be royally rinsed by pretty much everyone we approach for a deal particularly with the US.

Can anyone explain to me why a trade deal with an administration which goes under the slogan ‘America First’ is going to do us any favours at all? 😡

Exactly, we're the ones leaving our previous deals so will be desperate for new deals. NOT the other countries

Brexiters seem to be available in decreasing numbers to rebut all this. Not just here but twitter too.

36 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Brexiters seem to be available in decreasing numbers to rebut all this. Not just here but twitter too.

Loads will be in Skegvegas this time of year - not sure if t'interweb has reached there yet.

9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Loads will be in Skegvegas this time of year - not sure if t'interweb has reached there yet.

The internet in Skeggy is totally used by Poles and Roma. There’s no bandwidth left for indigenous people to stoke up their racist fantasies.

The sooner we take back control of our Broadband, the better imo😀