Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

13 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Brexit isn't to blame for the fall in Worldwide  demand for diesel cars which is the main reason for job losses at the Sunderland plant.  It is understandable a Japanese car maker would keep production at their factory in Japan rather than the UK when there is a fall in demand for a model.

Brexit does make it more difficult to maintain employment in both the UK and the EU27. No deal Brexit will make that even more so and will be catastrophic for our car industry.

11 hours ago, melthebell said:

but it makes it easier to decide which country to get rid of more jobs from ...ie:- the ones with a possible coming supply issue and/or higher tariffs

I watched both the BBC and SKY News yesterday where the Nissan Worldwide job losses were reported.  There was no mention about Brexit as a reason for the job losses on both channels.  It's only on this forum  where I have seen attempts to link the Worldwide Nissan job losses with Brexit.  

42 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Brexit does make it more difficult to maintain employment in both the UK and the EU27. No deal Brexit will make that even more so and will be catastrophic for our car industry.

You need to accept the 2016 EU referendum result which will be implemented on 31st October.  The decision has been made to leave the EU, but nobody knows how difficult or how easy it will be to maintain employment levels after our country leaves the EU because it hasn't happened yet.   Other factors than Brexit  will have much more of an influence on our country's future car industry.

10 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

but nobody knows how difficult or how easy it will be to maintain employment levels after our country leaves the EU because it hasn't happened yet.  

Actually we do, as there have been countless economic and social forecasts done over the past three years and they all say that it will be a disaster for the UK economy.

13 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You need to accept the 2016 EU referendum result which will be implemented on 31st October.  The decision has been made to leave the EU, but nobody knows how difficult or how easy it will be to maintain employment levels after our country leaves the EU

Looking at the array of the political undead who are now in charge, my money is on “difficult”.

(Actually, along with many others, my money is in Europe, USA and the Far East,. But that’s just another consequence of this stupidity)

Delighted to see my compatriots' government fully respecting (yet again) the UK's democratically-expressed wish to exit the European Union, by taking the new UK Prime Minister at his very word about a do-or-die Halloween Brexit, therefore now inviting the UK's new Prime Minister to engage in constructive talks about the post-Brexit period, deal or no deal :twisted:

In poker vernacular, that would be a "call" :D

Edited by L00b

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I watched both the BBC and SKY News yesterday where the Nissan Worldwide job losses were reported.  There was no mention about Brexit as a reason for the job losses on both channels.  It's only on this forum  where I have seen attempts to link the Worldwide Nissan job losses with Brexit.  

You need to accept the 2016 EU referendum result which will be implemented on 31st October.  The decision has been made to leave the EU, but nobody knows how difficult or how easy it will be to maintain employment levels after our country leaves the EU because it hasn't happened yet.   Other factors than Brexit  will have much more of an influence on our country's future car industry.

I will be much happier when some manufacturers say that they are investing in the U.K. BECAUSE of the wonderful opportunities that will be available to us after Brexit.

Such comments are as rare as any cogent reasons for leaving the EU on this Forum.

We have always needed to adjust to many factors affecting the world of finance and industry but to wilfully adopt an isolationist policy in a global world beggars belief.

44 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I will be much happier when some manufacturers say that they are investing in the U.K. BECAUSE of the wonderful opportunities that will be available to us after Brexit.

Such comments are as rare as any cogent reasons for leaving the EU on this Forum.

We have always needed to adjust to many factors affecting the world of finance and industry but to wilfully adopt an isolationist policy in a global world beggars belief.

I've seen one company - can't remember who - who said they were investing despite brexit. But nobody has said they are investing here as a result of brexit.

I wonder why.

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've seen one company - can't remember who - who said they were investing despite brexit.

I think they manufactured riot shields and plastic bullets! 😯

8 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've seen one company - can't remember who - who said they were investing despite brexit. But nobody has said they are investing here as a result of brexit.

It was Terry's Turnip Farm, wasn't it?

Purveyors of fine turnip based food all year round.

37 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It was Terry's Turnip Farm, wasn't it?

Purveyors of fine turnip based food all year round.

but will be nobody to pick em? :O

8 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've seen one company - can't remember who - who said they were investing despite brexit.

Wasn't that the one that flogs a few boomerangs Down Under?