Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

41 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Peterborough may be north of London, but it's certainly in the Midlands.

ok 1 might not be massively north but all (minus 1 are up here?), it still shows the massive disparity in investment

Edited by melthebell

13 hours ago, geared said:

I can't see the Torys doing very well in a GE at the moment though, they'll certainly lose vote to Farage and could quite easily end up behind Labour.

I can because Corbyn is totally pathetic. If Labour had someone credible then they would have a decent chance. The whole anti semitism scandal stinks. Labour’s inaction on the matter and lack of leadership is very telling.  

11 hours ago, L00b said:

Well, I'm looking at those same cabinet picks being confirmed and, tbh, Pretti Patel for Home Sec, Dominic Raab for Foreign Secretary...

Hahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahaha!Hahahahahahaha!Hahahahahahaha!

Genuinely crying with laughter here!  

It won't keep you in liberal  values and potatoes, like, but <removed> hell if I haven't just had the best laugh in aaages! :lol::lol::lol:

Gotta hand it to you guys: nobody, but nobody, does humour like the Brits! :thumbsup:

Gavin Williamson for Secretary of State for Education. FML. 

Nissan to cut more jobs from Sunderland. I just can’t be sympathetic to this at all. It is all self inflicted. 

The leave voters must like unemployment. 

19 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Nissan to cut more jobs from Sunderland. I just can’t be sympathetic to this at all. It is all self inflicted. 

Self inflicted, but they’re taking the remain voters down with them

33 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Nothing to do with the consequences of Brexit.

Nissan to cut 12,500 jobs worldwide

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49109307

13 minutes ago, Eater Sundae said:

Self inflicted, but they’re taking the remain voters down with them

What self inflicted things have caused Nissan workers to lose job worldwide?

Edited by Lockdoctor

1 hour ago, Albert the Cat said:

802.jpg

1 hour ago, Albert the Cat said:

The automotive sector is haemorraging jobs worldwide, as manufacturers adapt to seismic changes on the demand side (diesel very fast running out of commercial puff, insufficient EV-building tech/capacity, younger generations not buying as much/many cars in the face of uberisation and AirBnB-style personal car renting business models).

The enduring Brexit-related uncertainty, amplified as it has been in the past 12 months, makes UK automotive jobs easy choices for the EMEA axe to fall in that context. Honda, PSA (sorry: Vauxhall), Ford, BMW have all already axed UK automotive jobs, this is just more of the same, and expect still more, moreover far and wide beside automotive.

With approx 230k jobs already gone attributed to Brexit preparations, you ain't seen a tenth yet of the Brexit effect forecast on UK jobs. Unsurprisingly, Johnson's no deal rethoric is not aiding and, if it should come to pass in 4 months' time, it will be millions of UK jobs gone inside 2 years if even only half of the predicted GDP hit occurs.

No point hitching trade deal hopes on lobbying by foreign manufacturers (the fabled German car makers), when everybody in t'UK is flat broke and can only buy enough supplies for their daily beans on toasts.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Nothing to do with the consequences of Brexit.

Nissan to cut 12,500 jobs worldwide

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49109307

What self inflicted things have caused Nissan workers to lose job worldwide?

That 12500 represents about 9% of their global workforce. The 4800 from Sunderland are about 38% of the those global losses - that's about four times the proportion of anywhere else. Only a fool would think Brexit didn't have anything to do with their targeting of those losses.

1 hour ago, altus said:

That 12500 represents about 9% of their global workforce. The 4800 from Sunderland are about 38% of the those global losses - that's about four times the proportion of anywhere else. Only a fool would think Brexit didn't have anything to do with their targeting of those losses.

Brexit isn't to blame for the fall in Worldwide  demand for diesel cars which is the main reason for job losses at the Sunderland plant.  It is understandable a Japanese car maker would keep production at their factory in Japan rather than the UK when there is a fall in demand for a model.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Brexit isn't to blame for the fall in Worldwide  demand for diesel cars which is the main reason for job losses at the Sunderland plant.  It is understandable a Japanese car maker would keep production at their factory in Japan rather than the UK when there is a fall in demand for a model.

Even your BBC article says they've been struggling through the world - not just the UK or even Europe as a whole. Even if they protected jobs in Japan, Nissan have 31 factories outside Japan so that would mean 38% of the job losses from 3.2% of the factories. Brexit isn't to blame for the worldwide fall in demand for cars but it is to blame for the disproportionate job losses in UK.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

but it makes it easier to decide which country to get rid of more jobs from ...ie:- the ones with a possible coming supply issue and/or higher tariffs