Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

3 hours ago, whiteowl said:

But remember the non-event of the millienium bug ? Nothing happened then, this is just the same.... 😉 (sarcasm in case anyone wasn't sure - I earnt a fortune preparing for that😀😀)

Aye.. LOL, like calling your surgeon a moron for giving you that life saving surgery... because you didn't die :hihi:

44 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't need support anything to back up my memory.  At the time there was loads of ample coverage about the negatives consequences the UK would suffer if the UK didn't adopt the EU.  At the time I didn't record episodes of Question Time or cut out newspapers clippings to record all the negativity at the time about the UK not joining the EU. 

Your memory is that good you've called the euro the EU twice 😎

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Your memory is that good you've called the euro the EU twice 😎

Thanks for pointing out my error.  I have a good excuse because  English is not my first language.  My memory is better than my English.

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Thanks for pointing out my error.  I have a good excuse because  English is not my first language.  My memory is better than my English.

Clearly not.

57 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't need support anything to back up my memory.  At the time there was loads of ample coverage about the negatives consequences the UK would suffer if the UK didn't adopt the EU.  At the time I didn't record episodes of Question Time or cut out newspapers clippings to record all the negativity at the time about the UK not joining the EU. 

So, you are just making stuff up then?

Since you can’t corroborate your erroneous claim.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

So, you don't have any evidence that it happened.  Thanks for clarifying.

37 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

So, you don't have any evidence that it happened.  Thanks for clarifying.

I've already stated in the media at the time there was plenty of scaremongering about the negative effects which would happen to our country if we didn't adopt the Euro.  I trust my memory and have no need to use google to provide evidence which the likes of you TopCatshat and the other poster wouldn't accept if I provided it.

What is hilarious is we have three posters who haven't accepted the democratic 2016 EU referendum result and all  appear to support the decision the UK made to not to adopt the EU which was the main flagship policy of the EU  during the early Blair years.   All you and the other two posters have proved is you like to cherry-pick events and re-write history  to suit your non democratic agendas.

Edited by Lockdoctor

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

What is hilarious is we have three posters who haven't accepted the democratic 2016 EU referendum result and all  appear to support the decision the UK made to not to adopt the EU which was the main flagship policy of the EU  during the early Blair years.   All you and the other two posters have proved is you like to cherry-pick events and re-write history  to suit your non democratic agendas.

It's not cherry picking anything, why should we risk making ourselves poorer to become sovereign, even though the Euro choice shows we were sovereign enough to choose lol

Just now, melthebell said:

It's not cherry picking anything, why should we risk making ourselves poorer to become sovereign, even though the Euro choice shows we were sovereign enough to choose lol

Because we had a democratic referendum and the majority voted to leave the EU.

25 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Because we had a democratic referendum and the majority voted to leave the EU.

(a majority of those who voted, who were a minority in the country as a whole!)

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

(a majority of those who voted, who were a minority in the country as a whole!)

You're record is stuck.   More people voted to leave the EU than have voted for either the Tory or Labour Party during the last fifty years in any General Election.

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Was there? 

I cant remember any.

Could  you possibly refresh my memory?

Perhaps this may,