Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

4 hours ago, L00b said:

Ah, well, given that state of affairs, I'd call their non-selection in EP committes a failure to deliver on their electoral promises to their electorate.

Question: can BP voters start calling their MEPs traitors yet, then?

(I'm not up on Brexiteer procedural timescales, I still haven't seen that limited company's disciplinary procedures)

Could the electorate do a recall on their MEP?

6 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Not sure, but it couldn’t be on the 10% of the electorate system because a ‘minority candidate’ elected on significant 2nd or 3rd preference votes would easily be recalled by the 60-70% of electors who didn’t vote for them.

A good candidate for being recalled would be Brexit Party MEP Alexandra Phillips who worked for Cambridge Analytica on the fake news campaign in Kenya in 2017. She has repeatedly denied working for CA and has even gone so far as threatening to sue any journalist or news organisation which said that she did.

Minutes after Channel Four News filmed her going into meltdown and threatening them with legal action if they broadcast it (or put it online as she said) they played a recording of a phone call between her and a right wing journalist where not only does she admit working for Cambridge Analytica in Kenya but said that they had been given $66 million to interfere with the election.

Something for Farage supporters who bang on about respecting democracy to think about. 😡

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Something for Farage supporters who bang on about respecting democracy to think about. 😡

Aye, another of his mates getting paid with Russian money....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/11/matteo-salvinis-party-under-investigation-for-alleged-russian-oil-deal

a common theme... :suspect:

More good news - a 96% drop in nursing applications from the EU. In other words almost every would be nurse from an EU country who was going to come and train and work here, isn't.

What a disastrous folly these donkeys are leading us into.

17 hours ago, Litotes said:

I don't know, but it would be nice if it could.

It would save Brits the embarassment of antics like this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JMcCawberMEP/status/1150842771432988672

I've seen toddlers with better manners than this group of MEPs.

Still, delighted to see their frothing at Van der Leyden's election with 51% of the vote. There's rarely been a better occasion to remind Brexiteers that she won, so they should get over it :twisted::lol:

6 hours ago, Halibut said:

More good news - a 96% drop in nursing applications from the EU. In other words almost every would be nurse from an EU country who was going to come and train and work here, isn't.

What a disastrous folly these donkeys are leading us into.

You might not know the half of it (<- and that's just for immediate starters)..

...then again, you've had 3 years to sort it out one way or the other, and patience is running thin on the Continent.

106 days left, including any days taken up by the Conservative/Premiership race and appointment, Parliamentary holidays and recesses, any suspensive motions on the back of Johnson's expected attempts to prorogue, etc.

Tic-toc-tic-toc-...

Edited by L00b

Had to laugh at Timmerman's comment

I thought, 'Oh my God, they haven't got a plan, they haven't got a plan.'

Yea, no sh*t Sherlock.

4 minutes ago, geared said:

Had to laugh at Timmerman's comment

Yea, no sh*t Sherlock.

Even baldrick had a cunning plan

May & Co may not have had a plan but Johnson is not even pretending he has a plan.

The best he has come up with so far is that the force of his personality will make the EU negotiate with him.

41 minutes ago, melthebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49027889

Recession in the event of no deal

“Project Fear!” :lol:

Boris summed up 'Brexit' quite nicely today, arguing against the EU making UK smoked kipper sellers include ice pillows in packaging (and waving a smoked kipper about for effect, a quite novel variation on the dead cat-on-the-table :rolleyes:).

Only problem is that, to the surprise of absolutely no-one after the last 4 years' worth of this s***show:

Brexiteers: lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after....

🤣

Edited by L00b

When asked by Robert Peston last night about his plans for dealing with the Irish border Johnson started to waffle on about how it would be easy because of how WTO regulations . Halfway through explaining how this operates, Peston interrupted him and said ‘No it isn’t’, Johnson just ignored him and carried on.

With Johnson, we do seem to be in a Trumpian world where what you say is more important than what you know. The danger is that the EU may just see Johnson as a joke who is impossible to deal with and may just allow a no deal to go ahead knowing that it will damage the EU but will cripple the UK.