Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

9 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

Its great that as a country we can place Alan Turing on our bank notes. If we were in the Euro we couldn't do that.

Why not?

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why not?

Given that the Euro is a currency used by multiple participating states, I'd be surprised if one of those states could "personalise" it, so to speak.

(why do I get the feeling you're about to prove me wrong on that?)

Edited by Nightbird

6 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

Given that the Euro is a currency used by multiple participating states, I'd be surprised if one of those states could "personalise" it, so to speak.

(why do I get the feeling you're about to prove me wrong on that?)

Why doesn’t it surprise me that a Brexit supporter once again demonstrates that when it come to €urope they know very little. 😂🤣😂

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why doesn’t it surprise me that a Brexit supporter once again demonstrates that when it come to €urope they know very little. 😂🤣😂

Are there any notable examples of a Euro bank notes honouring/celebrating a particular person in a particular member state? I'm genuinely interested.

Edited by Nightbird

21 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

Are there any notable examples of a Euro bank notes honouring/celebrating a particular person in a particular member state? I'm genuinely interested.

Not that I know of but there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be.

Euro coins are personalised so no reason why notes can’t be either.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not that I know of but there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be.

Euro coins are personalised so no reason why notes can’t be either.

Lol, I was right wasn't I? 

If we were in the Euro we couldn't celebrate Alan Turing by putting him on a bank note.

Just now, Nightbird said:

Lol, I was right wasn't I? 

If we were in the Euro we couldn't celebrate Alan Turing by putting him on a bank note.

We could put him on the back of a €1 coin instead of the queen!

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

We could put him on the back of a €1 coin instead of the queen!

There are "national sides" to Euro coins for the different member states, but I don't think there are individual people on them.

1 minute ago, Nightbird said:

There are "national sides" to Euro coins for the different member states, but I don't think there are individual people on them.

I can’t speak for all of them but I have just found an Austrian €1 coin in my change jar with Mozart on it!  He was an individual person.

I’ll see if I can find some more. I have a ton of Irish ones with harps on them

1 hour ago, Nightbird said:

Its great that as a country we can place Alan Turing on our bank notes. If we were in the Euro we couldn't do that.

Excellent reason to leave the EU.  Why care about thousands of jobs, the value of the pound or anything else that has already been shown as a negative when we can design our own banknotes.

(which the UK already can and could by the way, just like the blue passport...)

7 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

There are "national sides" to Euro coins for the different member states, but I don't think there are individual people on them.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_Cruijff_Vijfje#/media/Bestand:2017_Johan_Cruijff_Vijfje.jpg

I can list over a hundred others.

2 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

I can list over a hundred others.

I’ve just found Leonardo da Vinci and the Pope on a Vatican City €1 coin.