Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

34 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

So Major is all ready to take Boris to Court in his efforts to thwart Brexit. What a full weight berk he is. He should end his association with the Tory Party and join the loony LibDem remoaners asap, I am sure he will be welcome there.

Angel1

Not big on sovereignty are you?

If Boris suspends parliament- creating (temporarily?) a quasi-dictatorship I'll will take time off to protest as strongly (But legally) against my MP who supports him until he resigns. 

You want to move the goal posts - because you ain't getting Mays deal through, you ain't getting no deal - take your chances and hold a general election and change the make up of parliament. What Boris is side-stepping simply cannot be allowed to happen.

21 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I trust you do not see the irony in your reply, " attempting to stand up for our democracy ". 

Angel1.

You want to create a dictatorship you.........

Mods, save time and press the ban button. 

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Nope. The threat is court action if Johnson attempts to prorogue Parliament.

Surely you understand that it is undemocratic to completely bypass democratically elected representatives?

Do you know what it means to prorogue Parliament?

This? 18 March 1997,

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=1997-03-18a.719.2#g719.5

"Simon HughesOpposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons), Shadow Spokesperson (Health)

The Prime Minister yesterday made the uniquely personal decision not only to have a general election on 1 May and to dissolve Parliament on 8 April but that Parliament should be prorogued and sent away this Friday. [Interruption.] Is it not obvious that one of the reasons for that decision and for the unprecedented gap between prorogation and dissolution is that— [Interruption.]

One of the reasons for that decision is that the Prime Minister knows that the report of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards on cash for questions will be ready on Monday or Tuesday. That report will therefore not be seen by hon. Members in this Parliament and will be hidden until after the general election.

30 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I trust you do not see the irony in your reply, " attempting to stand up for our democracy ". 

No. Maybe you should point it out.

16 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

He and Blair are yesterdays men.

Whereas Boris is Trump's man.

1 minute ago, altus said:

Whereas Boris is Trump's man.

Nobody as yet has managed to confront Trump with the Johnson quote about him being brain dead and unfit to serve as President.

48 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Was  that  the  same  John Major,  who  back  in  1997   didn't  have  any  qualms  about  abusing  his  power  when he  parogued  parliament  in  order  to  delay  the  publication of  highly embarrassing  report  in  to the  "Cash for Questions"  scandal involving his government.

Angel1

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

You want to create a dictatorship you.........

Mods, save time and press the ban button. 

Its sometimes hard to tell with text whether someone is being serious or not; if you're being serious here then this is gold plated irony.

Edited by Nightbird

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

So Major is all ready to take Boris to Court in his efforts to thwart Brexit. What a full weight berk he is. He should end his association with the Tory Party and join the loony LibDem remoaners asap, I am sure he will be welcome there.

Angel1

So, you are fine with a Prime Minister riding roughshod over the will of a democratically elected Parliament.

You are against testing this in our Court system, using our own laws.

And yet you and your brethren want to “take back control “.

What a total shower you leavers have become.

Let’s not forget what happened last time the government tried to ride roughshod over the will of parliament.

The Court found in favour of the people and against the government.

30 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

So, you are fine with a Prime Minister riding roughshod over the will of a democratically elected Parliament.

You are against testing this in our Court system, using our own laws.

And yet you and your brethren want to “take back control “.

What a total shower you leavers have become.

Do you really expect cultists like Angelfire to believe and behave any differently?

They're beyond debate, you're wasting your time.

Let them have their Brexit. Let them blame the EU, remoaners, MPs, civil servants, furreiners, anybody else but themselves. Let them live their folly to bare supermarkets and pharmacy shelves, bone-picked NHS services and precarity for all.

They're not going to learn anything before then. And if you don't let them learn through those first-hand experiences, you've got a generation of Brexit-related social and political strife in front of you.

The UK needs its walk in the wild, and to give its head a severe wobble. The EU will stand ready to welcome you back and lend a hand afterwards.

Edited by L00b