Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

14 minutes ago, melthebell said:

hes playing the blame game, its what they do best

If the aim was to make us look like a country of petulant children...yes

Thankfully other members of the EU will realise that the Brexit Party is represented by aging spoilt brats and bellicose oafs who don't represent the best of this country. I'm less bothered by Farage's childish behaviour than I am about his sensitivity to any criticism about him, or his party of malcontents. He's one of these people that loves to give it out, but doesn't like to take it.

Edited by Mister M

37 minutes ago, janie48 said:

They're an embarrassment to this country. 

That is exactly the point!

We hear all these Union Jack waving ‘Little Englanders’ banging on about how Britain is going to rule the world again and get the greatest trade deals ever, and these clowns in Brussels show the world that we are yesterday’s chip paper and rapidly going down the pan.

Out of interest, have either of the two Tory leadership contenders passed any comment on the Brexit idiots?

5 hours ago, retep said:

Won't be if it's down to the remoan camp, they don't respect democracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index#Classification_definitions

Thanks for pointing out the UK is a full democracy.

According to the classification we couldn't be one if foreign powers influenced our government.

Doesn't fit well with the "dictated to by the EU" myth so beloved by Brexiteers does it 😎

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Brexit Party are there to represent the people who voted for them which is how democracy works.

It is. Well done for spotting that.

Now, squint a little, open that brain and take a look at our current parliament. They are doing  the same thing.

Any proper democrat would respect that 

Juncker's replacement, Ursula von der Leyen, is a staunch critic of Brexit, calling it a "burst bubble of hollow promises".

She is also firmly in favour of the backstop.

Wishing Johnson all the best 😂

12 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Brexit Party are there to represent the people who voted for them which is how democracy works.

Are you sure?

Democracy works by the majority of the population having no representation?

11 minutes ago, L00b said:

Juncker's replacement, Ursula von der Leyen, is a staunch critic of Brexit, calling it a "burst bubble of hollow promises".

She is also firmly in favour of the backstop.

Wishing Johnson all the best 😂

No, you have it wrong. Johnson has said that his forceful personality will change the whole dynamic of any future negotiations leading to a spectacular deal! 👍

This morning's unicorn

Canada have said they won't be rolling over their EU trade deal to a post-brexit UK.

And it seems Japan are saying similar.

10 minutes ago, ads36 said:

This morning's unicorn

Canada have said they won't be rolling over their EU trade deal to a post-brexit UK.

And it seems Japan are saying similar.

Why would any country announce any trade-related concessions at this stage, when the U.K. keeps making policy promises not to charge any tariffs?

11 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

They're to represent their entire constituency, not just a portion who voted for them, a fact they'll be very grateful for in the future.

You're absolutely correct. However, yesterday the Brexit Party were representing the 52% portion who voted to leave the EU in the democratic 2016 EU referendum and all those people who supported the Brexit Party in the recent European Elections.

10 hours ago, janie48 said:

It achieved nothing. 

Even if I was a Brexiteer I would be utterly ashamed at their lack of respect. They're an embarrassment to this country. 

They made a silent non-violent dignified protest which didn't embarrass our country.  As a remain voter, I am ashamed by the actions of other remain voters who haven't respected  our own democracy which has prevented the 2016 EU referendum result being implemented meaning our country was forced to hold European Elections after 29th March which is the date our country should have left the EU.  The truth is there should have been no representatives from our country to listen to the European Anthem in Brussels yesterday and our country should be embarrassed that we still have MEPs  in the European Parliament.

11 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Remoaners voting for brexit party candidates? I'm not sure you've thought that through.

I'm sure I have thought it through, if it wasn't for the remoaners the UK would be out of the cesspit and the UK  MEPs wouldn't have been there, you voted for it, wear it.