Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nobody’s expecting them to honour it, but turning their backs makes them look like a bunch of pathetic kids.

It was a publicity stunt and achieved its aim.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

What was its aim?

To make themselves look like a bunch of five year olds? Apparently even the far-right MEPs from Austria and Italy and the crypto-fascists of Hungary were embarrassed by them.

16 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Says Sheffield Forum’s very own champion for democracy.

Do you do irony only in wholesale lots?

58 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Brexit Party weren't replicating the Nazis.   Why would you expect the Brexit Party to honour the Anthem of Europe after our democratic people voted to leave the EU in 2016 and our country is still in the EU when we should have left on 29th March?

I assume you weren't embarrassed by the Lib Dems having a swear word on their T Shirts and a Green Party member turning up in a base ball cap.

Just popped in to see the whataboutism's - not disappointed!! 😂

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Brexit Party weren't replicating the Nazis.   

Looks pretty similar to me

D-dlxh0WsAAfE4V.jpg:large

33 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What was its aim?

To make themselves look like a bunch of five year olds? Apparently even the far-right MEPs from Austria and Italy and the crypto-fascists of Hungary were embarrassed by them.

They made the news  and more people are talking about them then the nominations to lead the EU Commission

19 minutes ago, L00b said:

Says Sheffield Forum’s very own champion for democracy.

Do you do irony only in wholesale lots?

The Brexit Party are there to represent the people who voted for them which is how democracy works.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What was its aim?

No mention of the MEPs who are still seated in protest.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

They made the news  and more people are talking about them then the nominations to lead the EU Commission

The Brexit Party are there to represent the people who voted for them which is how democracy works.

They're to represent their entire constituency, not just a portion who voted for them, a fact they'll be very grateful for in the future.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Because when you’ve volunteered to work in the institution, like all MEPs did, including the Brexit Party lot, you still salute the uniform (or the flag), not the man.

You didn’t see the Front National or Five Star or Lega North MEPs do that, did you? That’s how low Brexit Party MEPs have showed the British up. Classy.

When they refuse to take their MEP salary and expenses, and even to take their seats, then you’ll begin to have a point. Ping me when that happens. In the meantime, pure unadulterated hypocrisy, wholly typical of that bunch of shysters.

You have a point about the LibDens tshirts, but two wrongs don’t make a right.

I understand one brexit MEP has given his salary to charity. I don't know the MEP or the charity but I will try and find out. The rest haven't and those who turned their back are an embarrassment. Do they think this behaviour will get us a better deal?

24 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

They're to represent their entire constituency, not just a portion who voted for them, a fact they'll be very grateful for in the future.

I understand one brexit MEP has given his salary to charity. I don't know the MEP or the charity but I will try and find out. The rest haven't and those who turned their back are an embarrassment. Do they think this behaviour will get us a better deal?

The Remoaners put them there and now you are complaining,

24 minutes ago, retep said:

The Remoaners put them there and now you are complaining,

Remoaners voting for brexit party candidates? I'm not sure you've thought that through.

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

It achieved nothing. 

Even if I was a Brexiteer I would be utterly ashamed at their lack of respect. They're an embarrassment to this country. 

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Remoaners voting for brexit party candidates? I'm not sure you've thought that through.

hes playing the blame game, its what they do best

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

If the aim was to make us look like a country of petulant children...yes