Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

14 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Recent opinion polls put a No Deal Brexit as the majority option.

Among leave supporters, but as leave supporters are a minority of the population then a no deal Brexit is very much a minority view.

Nobody seems to have mentioned this "scheme" yet?

This link is a year old

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/workforce/uk-government-does-deal-with-jamaica-to-recruit-nurses-for-nhs/7024177.article

seems the government want to do these nurse swaps with countries like India, Jamaica and The Phillipines, where they come here to work and learn and our nurses go over there.

Im not up on the full facts or figures etc but on the outside it seems a waste of money and a complete opposite to what people wanted from brexit (both immigration wise and NHS cash wise)

Oh dear, another day, another div.

This time a man has been sentenced to a fine and a 12 month community order for racially abusing a black woman in a south London bookmakers, calling her a “<removed> <removed>” and telling her “when Brexit comes, you will be gone.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/pensioner-racially-abused-black-woman-in-south-london-and-told-her-when-brexit-comes-you-will-be-a4179586.html?fbclid=IwAR3CUUQuLgfYaJb7H0zsfaWh9FX_l54d3gQ0Nh50xYKFrNvo1Xfq0Ljsb4M

Sadly this type of abuse has increased since the Brexit vote, leading me to believe that some people voted Brexit did so on the assumption that the day after Britain would resemble Royston Vasey.

Anyway, the picture showing the guilty wearing a bin liner over his head is a definite improvement.

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

This time a man has been sentenced to a fine and a 12 month community order for racially abusing a black woman in a south London bookmakers, calling her a “<removed> <removed>” and telling her “when Brexit comes, you will be gone.”

I still come across Leave supporters genuinely think that as soon as Britain leaves the UK, all immigrants will be deported. 

A significant number of Leave supporters particularly up here in the North literally have no idea what the EU is or what it does other than ‘we don’t vote for them and they tell us what to do’. Such people are ripe fodder for the Daily Mail and fake news on facebook. 

20 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Among leave supporters, but as leave supporters are a minority of the population then a no deal Brexit is very much a minority view.

Leave supporters were in the majority of the population who voted in the democratic 2016 EU referendum. 

The only way to get a good deal is to keep the option of leave on the table.  It looks like our new Prime Minister will be able to negotiate if the EU are willing to negotiate without any interference from Parliament until the second week in October.  Time to accept our country is leaving the EU.

45 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Leave supporters were in the majority of the population who voted in the democratic 2016 EU referendum. 

The only way to get a good deal is to keep the option of leave on the table.  It looks like our new Prime Minister will be able to negotiate if the EU are willing to negotiate without any interference from Parliament until the second week in October.  Time to accept our country is leaving the EU.

Irony off the scale in that post. Well done! :D

If the "only way" to get a "good" deal, is to threaten to nuke your economy, you need to take some lessons about negotiating basics.

If you want a "good" deal, row back on your red lines.

If you won't, then you've got the deal you've got (and have had since last November, with everything in it that you asked for...before you then welched on it, repeatedly, and then requested an extension).

The EU has long accepted, and respected, that the UK is leaving. It's just fresh out of unicorns to hand out, so quit asking for them already, man up, and GTFO :rolleyes:

Edited by L00b

15 minutes ago, L00b said:

Irony off the scale in that post. Well done! :D

If the "only way" to get a "good" deal, is to threaten to nuke your economy, you need to take some lessons about negotiating basics.

If you want a "good" deal, row back on your red lines.

If you won't, then you've got the deal you've got (and have had since last November, with everything in it that you asked for...before you then welched on it, repeatedly, and then requested an extension).

The EU has long accepted, and respected, that the UK is leaving. It's just fresh out of unicorns to hand out, so quit asking for them already, man up, and GTFO :rolleyes:

You're preaching to the wrong poster telling me to man up.  I have always accepted the democratic EU referendum result and never had a problem with our country  leaving the EU on 29th March by the default legal position our Parliament overwhelmingly  agreed to when they triggered Article 50.  I wont have a problem if our country leaves by the default legal position on 31st October because democracy will be respected and our country will be able to move on in a positive way.

38 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're preaching to the wrong poster telling me to man up.  I have always accepted the democratic EU referendum result and never had a problem with our country  leaving the EU on 29th March by the default legal position our Parliament overwhelmingly  agreed to when they triggered Article 50.  I wont have a problem if our country leaves by the default legal position on 31st October because democracy will be respected and our country will be able to move on in a positive way.

I'm not preaching as such, more translating the sentiment prevalent on the Continent when we read about where the UK is at with its Brexit, and about the latest EU27 scapegoating in fashion with Brexiteers (since Brexit, with or without a deal, will be so good for the democratic people of the democratic UK (:D), one really wonders why you need to blame anyone about it?!)

Anyhow. Fare thee well, and I hope for your sake that democracy is edible ;)

Edited by L00b

8 minutes ago, L00b said:

I'm not preaching as such, more translating the sentiment prevalent on the Continent when we read about where the UK is at with its Brexit, and about the latest EU27 scapegoating in fashion with Brexiteers (since Brexit, with or without a deal, will be so good for the democratic people of the democratic UK (:D), one really wonders why you need to blame anyone about it?!)

Anyhow. Fare thee well, and I hope for your sake that democracy is edible ;)

It won't be anything French.

37 minutes ago, retep said:

More for us, then :thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, retep said:

Quality response.

I’m not sure I understood you fully though. Could you expand a bit please? You know, more than one sentence.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Quality response.

I’m not sure I understood you fully though. Could you expand a bit please? You know, more than one sentence.

Thanks.

Have you not heard that the  French don't have  la creme de la creme of  democracy ?