Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

21 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Just read the Irish view of it all, rather interesting.

Varadkar: Removing backstop 'is effectively no deal' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48647656

Which is where the EU has been all along.

Those politicians who think they can change what hasalways been an agenda item in the negotiations are sadly mistaken.

Suicide Boris thinks he can be a buffoon on behalf of the country and continue with his lies and his cheating and suddenly we will end up in nirvana - the only place he will take us is into the 3rd world league of nations.

He doesn't think that, he's just hoping that enough people believe it when he lies about it.

18 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Would Britain vote for Brexit again?

http://britainelects.com/polling/europe/

... doesn't look like it :roll:

Interesting site that, I had thought the polls were closer (till recently)

Sony proposes closure of CD and Blu-ray UK distribution plant:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/sony-proposes-closure-of-cd-and-blu-ray-uk-distribution-plant

"other European Sony DADC plants in Austria, Czech Republic and Spain will remain open"

Coincidence... no doubt :?

Edited by Magilla

Or could it be that we in the UK don't buy as many CDs and DVDs as we used to and prefer to stream and torrent our music and TV / films?  

I know that people using Android boxes and various apps is far more popular here than in Europe.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Or could it be that we in the UK don't buy as many CDs and DVDs as we used to and prefer to stream and torrent our music and TV / films?  

I know that people using Android boxes and various apps is far more popular here than in Europe.

most ive noticed that i buy  are pressed in Austria anyway. this arguement always confuses me, like the shops in the high street closing. The internet is global...obviously, im sure other countries have the same issue with downloading, streaming etc?

Do we buy more digital than other countries? or do we have "other" issues on top that other countries dont? like the higher rents, rates etc etc

Sales of physical media have fallen through the floor in recent years so it's no wonder the distribution places are being shuttered.

On 18/06/2019 at 09:57, alchresearch said:

Perhaps, but if the choice was which one to close Brexit would pretty much make your mind up (IMHO) :roll:

On 17/06/2019 at 23:33, Magilla said:

Sony proposes closure of CD and Blu-ray UK distribution plant:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/sony-proposes-closure-of-cd-and-blu-ray-uk-distribution-plant

"other European Sony DADC plants in Austria, Czech Republic and Spain will remain open"

Coincidence... no doubt :?

I know you love bad news stories, but the first line of the article reads

"The SADC (Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation) site in Enfield looks to be the latest victim of streaming growth"

Bad news for the people who work there, sorry to have spoiled your enjoyment of the news.

On 15/06/2019 at 22:26, tinfoilhat said:

Just read the Irish view of it all, rather interesting.

Varadkar: Removing backstop 'is effectively no deal' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48647656

He'll have to build a border then. I'd suggest the UK won't do it, and don't need to. He knows that too.

When the deadline loomed previously and all the talk of no-deal planning, there was never any plan for Ireland or the UK to implement a border at no-deal day. i.e it is a constructed problem.

1 minute ago, Voice of reason said:

He'll have to build a border then. I'd suggest the UK won't do it, and don't need to. He knows that too.

When the deadline loomed previously and all the talk of no-deal planning, there was never any plan for Ireland or the UK to implement a border at no-deal day. i.e it is a constructed problem.

Ireland is long and well advanced in its border preparations. But there’s no political gain to be had for Varadkar, at home or abroad, from advertising the fact.

The U.K. has no choice but to put borders up, in Ireland and everywhere else, if it hopes to trade on WTO terms with anyone at any stage.