Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

3 hours ago, L00b said:

Methinks you've mistaken domestic wealth creation (from UK manufacturing and exporting, eg cars here), for domestic consumption (of manufactured products, eg cars here, UK-made and not) in your argument. But hey-ho.

Methinks you have misunderstood the post... Not mistaken anything at all as production of parts and/or cars both here and elsewhere both go hand in hand in creating wealth at the expense of one of the major causes of pollution as my post clearly states. Anything that reduces car production, its consumption and subsequent pollution here or in the rest of the world to me is a good thing. Didn't you recently buy a car.. what make and model was it again?

So, you mind sacrificing UK wealth creating capacity and the associated jobs on the altar of Brexit ("it's not happening", according to your posts, notwithstanding the ample evidence to the contrary)...

Quote me where I have stated that, oh yes its just your opinion so you wont be able to.

...but you don't mind that sacrificing on ecological grounds.

What?

Got you :thumbsup: :D

If you say so dear!:)

Edited by apelike

57 minutes ago, apelike said:

Methinks you have misunderstood the post... Not mistaken anything at all as production of parts and/or cars both here and elsewhere both go hand in hand in creating wealth at the expense of one of the major causes of pollution as my post clearly states. Anything that reduces car production, its consumption and subsequent pollution here or in the rest of the world to me is a good thing.

No mistake at all here. You're happy to see automotive UK jobs disappear for the sake of ecological benefit. Brexit speeds that up, so it's all good for you :thumbsup:

Shame about those thousands upon thousands of redundant workers the length and breadth of the UK, though. But well, omelette, eggs, yeah? Same as miners before, just the cost of progress, right?

57 minutes ago, apelike said:

Didn't you recently buy a car.. what make and model was it again?

I did. The least eco-friendly Jaguar XE going :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

The view from Singapore:

https://www.politico.eu/article/outgoing-uk-diplomat-slams-chaotic-politics-and-brexit-shambles/

The last three years have done the same for Singaporeans’ view of contemporary Britain as the Fall of Singapore in 1942.

The nation they admired for stability, common sense, tolerance and realism grounded in fact, they see beset by division, obsessed with ideology, careless of the truth, its leaders apparently determined to keep on digging.

The balance of future investment in Europe "will inevitably be weighted more towards Germany and France."

Nice to see how the EU look after the people at the top on the high salaries, Jean-Claude Juncker and Donald Tusk are in line for nearly £440,000 in 'golden goodbyes'. When other allowances are included, both presidents already receive more than £350,000-a-year in pay – £200,000 more than the UK Prime Minister's salary.

Marvellous how these people on very generous salaries get even more money thrown at them when they leave, I thought our MP's were onto a good thing but this beats them by a mile.

The EU is a gravy train for a lot of the people who work in the EU Parliament.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/anger-over-£440000-golden-goodbye-payments-to-eu-top-dogs-jean-claude-juncker-and-donald-tusk-when-they-stand-down-later-this-year/ar-AACQmLX?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by iansheff

One of the many aspects of EU administration to look at closely, and possibly change.

That said, on a straightforward performance basis, they both might have earned theirs, but Cameron, May and your MPs have certainly not earned their own, all lower that theirs may be. So perhaps there's something to be said, about what you get for paying peanuts, etc ;)

In any case, it's no skin off your nose after you leave, so why tie yourself in knots over it?

The most important Consequence of Brexit, until its not, is that it has changed the UK into a 2 party state. All votes since the referendum have been just that - Remain or Brexit. Only UKIP/Brexit , Lib Dems and Greens seem to have cottoned on. Labour and Torys are being cut to ribbons by voters leaving them and choosing an In or Out party, getting them back gets harder the longer the debate goes on. The sooner they abandon trying to sit on 2 stools the sooner we will get to the denoument and the final decision will be made.

Thereafter, we can go back to left, right,  'somewhere in the middle' and green varieties of political parties. If the Tories, and to a lesser extent Labour, don't grasp the nettle soon they may not be around to contest the 1st General election after we finally decide to stay or go.

Can't get rid of this  box, doh!

Spoiler

Edited by Flanker7

For the most part the Torys are still the 'out' party, they have mostly been destroying themselves over which variation of 'out' they represent.

May delivered an exit deal, but it wasn't hard enough for the core headbangers who sided with Labour and voted it down three times in a row.

On 14/06/2019 at 08:39, iansheff said:

Nice to see how the EU look after the people at the top on the high salaries, Jean-Claude Juncker and Donald Tusk are in line for nearly £440,000 in 'golden goodbyes'. When other allowances are included, both presidents already receive more than £350,000-a-year in pay – £200,000 more than the UK Prime Minister's salary.

Marvellous how these people on very generous salaries get even more money thrown at them when they leave, I thought our MP's were onto a good thing but this beats them by a mile.

The EU is a gravy train for a lot of the people who work in the EU Parliament.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/anger-over-£440000-golden-goodbye-payments-to-eu-top-dogs-jean-claude-juncker-and-donald-tusk-when-they-stand-down-later-this-year/ar-AACQmLX?ocid=spartandhp

Including the hypocritical Mr Farage

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Including the hypocritical Mr Farage

He's earned his.

13 minutes ago, retep said:

He's earned his.

It's a hard life not going to meetings