Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Mr Boot, ever the fact- and news-averse poster, is obviously not familiar with the ERG's/Rees-Mogg's go-to economist, Patrick Minford, whose plan for manufacturing in a no deal-Brexited UK, is to run down all UK manufacturing sectors "like the coal industry" was.

Quote marks, because Mr Minford stated so, not only publicly -and plenty of times-, but also in evidence before Parliament's own Select Committee.

As for Mr Farage, I'd have thought that anyone with a couple of grey cells to rub together, would have worked out his end game by now:

Who is Mr Farage's longtime main backer? One Aaron Banks.

What is Mr Banks' (main) business? Insurance.

Which sector stands to benefit the most, to the tune of untold billions, from a heavily-to-fully-privatised NHS?

QED

Nay lad,  that's going to America according to he remainers.

22 minutes ago, retep said:

Nay lad,  that's going to America according to he remainers.

American interests would go primarily after the physical supply markets on the back of a FTA (FTAs typically do not cover services, only goods). The domestic healthcare insurance market (a service market) would go  to UK insurers.

Unless the UK effectively puts in place the equivalent of a Single Market with the US, covering both goods and services (in which case you'd be right).

How I'd laugh at that one, though :D

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

I think most people reading what you wrote, knew what you were trying to do, and what you subsequently did.

But we'll have to leave it there, as I don't want to get involved in a bickering match.

I think you need to give up on your false outrage attempts.

I didn't call 50%+ of the UK population, nor even the Leave-voting portion of the electorate,  "pork", or "thick", under any stretches of meaning.

You wanted me to have written that, and you're still trying to infer that meaning to my post now, whilst inelegantly trying to shut that debating door behind you. Poor form.

38 minutes ago, L00b said:

I think you need to give up on your false outrage attempts.

I didn't call 50%+ of the UK population, nor even the Leave-voting portion of the electorate,  "pork", or "thick", under any stretches of meaning.

You wanted me to have written that, and you're still trying to infer that meaning to my post now, whilst inelegantly trying to shut that debating door behind you. Poor form.

Well, as i said, I don't need, or want to say any more. More than happy for you to post as much as you want on the subject obviously.

It’s been the cards for a while according to the BBC. Brexit hasn’t helped but not sure it’s a huge, deciding factor here.

Fresh Tory leadership row as Dominic Raab suggests he could shut down Parliament to secure Brexit:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/104373/fresh-tory-leadership-row-dominic-raab-suggests-he-could

Brexiteers in 2016: We demand Parliamentary sovereignty
Brexiteers in 2019: Shut Parliament - they might do something we don't want.

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Really bad news for the people there. Shame it's going to be used as a political  chip.

Ford are on a major cost cutting exercise and are shedding about 10% of their workforce globally, and about 5,000 are expected to go in Germany too, very bad news for our friends and colleagues over there too.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It’s been the cards for a while according to the BBC. Brexit hasn’t helped but not sure it’s a huge, deciding factor here.

In the automotive sector, it's not. That said, one has to remember that Bridgend makes the most popular EcoBoost engine version in Europe, sooo...

Brexit is the ideal scapegoat excuse for all corporates looking to divest EU operations (-based in the UK), as they pivot capacity towards bigger emerging markets (China notably), regardless of whether the UK's EU membership  is a factor or not.

The Brexit-pushing political class and the next PM told corporates to "<removed>" a while back. Looks like they got the message loud and clear.

Edited by nikki-red

2 hours ago, L00b said:

In the automotive sector, it's not. That said, one has to remember that Bridgend makes the most popular EcoBoost engine version in Europe, sooo...

Brexit is the ideal scapegoat excuse for all corporates looking to divest EU operations (-based in the UK), as they pivot capacity towards bigger emerging markets (China notably), regardless of whether the UK's EU membership  is a factor or not.

The Brexit-pushing political class and the next PM told corporates to "<removed>" a while back. Looks like they got the message loud and clear.

If it goes to China, western European countries should slap tariffs on the motors made by them coming into our market.

Edited by nikki-red

4 hours ago, Magilla said:

Fresh Tory leadership row as Dominic Raab suggests he could shut down Parliament to secure Brexit:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/104373/fresh-tory-leadership-row-dominic-raab-suggests-he-could

Brexiteers in 2016: We demand Parliamentary sovereignty
Brexiteers in 2019: Shut Parliament - they might do something we don't want.

No, he can’t do that. He wouldn’t be a dictator, as much as he might want to be.

These Tories are screaming idiots. They are stupid beyond belief.