Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

22 minutes ago, L00b said:

The only thing I loathe, is crass stupidity.

It's quite different from a lack of education: people who are not stupid, are plenty capable of learning.

It's people like you and Voice who denigrate that 50%+ of the country / huge chunk of the population, when you read what you want to be falsely outraged about in my posts, rather than what I actually wrote, and then spout your misrepresentations.

It's tedious. And really unkind to your fellow countrymen, Brexiters or not.

In CB’s world, Brexit will bring work for all, at premium wages. Once we break the shackles of the corrupt EU, we will see a glorious dawn of highly paid manual workers.

Sadly, they won’t be working in the car industry though, as that has been destroyed by a combination of forces, one of which is certainly Brexit.

I’m still waiting for Mr Boot to tell us what his common cause is with Widdecombe, Farage and Rees Mogg.

38 minutes ago, retep said:

Which appears to be the case in the EU.

Definitely not the case.

We are well represented in the EU and much effort is made to give countries with lesser populations a voice to be heard.

Add to this the right of veto and I would argue that it may not be perfect but it goes a long way to ensure that no single country can pursue a course of action based on its own selfish interest or in a way that is unfairly detrimental to other member states.

But what do some choose to do with their vote?Send in Farage and his cronies to try to destroy from within,without any semblance of a plan to replace it with anything.

Really stupid and shortsighted.

Edited by RJRB

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

Definitely not the case.

We are well represented in the EU and much effort is made to give countries with lesser populations a voice to be heard.

Add to this the right of veto and I would argue that it may not be perfect but it goes a long way to ensure that no single country can pursue a course of action based on its own selfish interest or in a way that is unfairly detrimental to other member states.

But what do some choose to do with their vote?Send in Farage and his cronies to try to destroy from within,without any semblance of a plan to replace it with anything.

Really stupid and shortsighted.

We are acting like that single country you speak of. 

11 hours ago, ez8004 said:

More job losses. 

They did vote vote for it by majority. They can continue to eat it. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48533790

Technically he’s not wrong. Looking at the level of educational attainment by proportion of the overall population. The majority are not sufficiently educated. 

'Aren't sufficiently educated' for what?

To be allowed to vote? Maybe put that on the side of a campaign bus.

If this is the mentality of Remain, I'm not a waverer, I'm out.

10 hours ago, L00b said:

People with such a twisted worldview? Absolutely. From Yorkshire and not.

Can you quote me doing that?

Explain the 'can't educate pork' for the dim amongst us, who did it refer to exactly?

44 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Explain the 'can't educate pork' for the dim amongst us, who did it refer to exactly?

Those with a wilfully-impaired capacity to understand facts, commonsensically enough :rolleyes:

So that will be bigots, ideologues and populists, essentially.

Do you feel like apologising to 50%+ of your fellow citizens yet?

25 minutes ago, L00b said:

Those with a wilfully-impaired capacity to understand facts, commonsensically enough :rolleyes:

Who am I apologizing to, and for what?

10 hours ago, Pettytom said:

(...)

I’m still waiting for Mr Boot to tell us what his common cause is with Widdecombe, Farage and Rees Mogg.

Mr Boot, ever the fact- and news-averse poster, is obviously not familiar with the ERG's/Rees-Mogg's go-to economist, Patrick Minford, whose plan for manufacturing in a no deal-Brexited UK, is to run down all UK manufacturing sectors "like the coal industry" was.

Quote marks, because Mr Minford stated so, not only publicly -and plenty of times-, but also in evidence before Parliament's own Select Committee.

As for Mr Farage, I'd have thought that anyone with a couple of grey cells to rub together, would have worked out his end game by now:

Who is Mr Farage's longtime main backer? One Aaron Banks.

What is Mr Banks' (main) business? Insurance.

Which sector stands to benefit the most, to the tune of untold billions, from a heavily-to-fully-privatised NHS?

QED

21 minutes ago, L00b said:

I voted to remain and do not believe any apology is needed. We had a democratic vote and in a democracy the side that loses even if it's close like the referendum still lost. A choice was made and should be respected.

5 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Who am I apologizing to, and for what?

Short memory syndrome? Or is it the Selective variant?

The "50% plus of the county" which you called "pork", in your post #3478.

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

Short memory syndrome? Or is it the Selective variant?

The "50% plus of the county" which you called "pork", in your post #3478.

I'm not getting involved in playground games. Have a nice day.

18 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I voted to remain and do not believe any apology is needed. We had a democratic vote and in a democracy the side that loses even if it's close like the referendum still lost. A choice was made and should be respected.

You need to backtrack in the thread, to understand the apology bit. I've certainly not demanded any (from Leave voters or others), that was just banter with Voice.

As for the rest of your post: yes, democracy means never being able to reverse a previous decision by the electorate , and you absolutely must not let the facts and information of the past 3 years get in the way of the dumbest geopolitical move by a developped economy over the past decade and longer.  

And in that context, looking at the Tory leadership race recently, I can't hardly wait for your Queen to get dragged into the Brexit political maelström and take centre stage.

14 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I'm not getting involved in playground games. Have a nice day.

Then you shouldn't start them, with misrepresenting my words and then ducking and diving when I call you out about it, should you?

Same to you.

Edited by L00b

13 minutes ago, L00b said:

Then you shouldn't start them, with misrepresenting my words and then ducking and diving when I call you out about it, should you?

Same to you.

I think most people reading what you wrote, knew what you were trying to do, and what you subsequently did.

But we'll have to leave it there, as I don't want to get involved in a bickering match.