Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

21 hours ago, BigPP said:

The lesson of history is if we want to live in peace we need to treat our neighbours as friends, not foes, and to share sovereignty with them where it is agreed to do so.

For me this is more important than the undoubted economic benefits of EU membership.

The EU has made a major contribution to making conflict in Europe unthinkable but we must never take it for granted.

Long live the European Union.

Didn't we, Britain always treat our European neighbours as friends until they threatened us with war over the centuries? 

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Oh dear nothing like a sore looser.. If you don't take an average of the GDP over the time frame you do not get a relative result. You could of course do it on a country to country quarterly basis and then compare the figures but that is not what you have done. My way of doing it would be fairy standard as you don't just add them up and take one away from the other and hope for a result! As you can clearly see I'm not denying that some countries have done much better than us. The countries that have done better though are mainly the countries that have plenty of money pumped into them to improve their infrastructure and economic progression, which as I have said is to be expected. Those countries then skew the results if taken as part of the whole EU GDP and one of the reasons you should not take the whole of the EU 27 GDP and compare it with the UK. To be honest and as said before a fairer measure would actually to be to compare the GDP per capita.

Now look at the main players in the EU, you will see that Germany is at 1.86, France is 1.72 which is not much higher than the UK with Spain doing better than them at 2.81.

Edited by apelike

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Oh dear nothing like a sore looser.. If you don't take an average of the GDP over the time frame you do not get a relative result. You could of course do it on a country to country quarterly basis and then compare the figures but that is not what you have done. My way of doing it would be fairy standard as you don't just add them up and take one away from the other and hope for a result! As you can clearly see I'm not denying that some countries have done much better than us. The countries that have done better though are mainly the countries that have plenty of money pumped into them to improve their infrastructure and economic progression, which as I have said is to be expected. Those countries then skew the results if taken as part of the whole EU GDP and one of the reasons you should not take the whole of the EU 27 GDP and compare it with the UK.

Now look at the main players in the EU, you will see that Germany is at 1.86, France is 1.72 which is not much higher than the UK with Spain doing better than them at 2.81.

If you look at an unbiased source like Fullfact you will see the long term UK growth lags behind both the Eurozone and EU. The distinction is important because the Eurozone includes only countries that use the Euro, and therefore doesn't include the newer economies which you claim bias the results.https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-economic-growth-higher-europe/

12 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Is anybody able yet to point to any real benefits of Brexit.

Still struggling

There aren't any. I've said this before on this thread, the hardcore leavers are so brainwashed, they want to leave at any cost.

2 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

There aren't any. I've said this before on this thread, the hardcore leavers are so brainwashed, they want to leave at any cost.

To use the old saying - "they'd cut off their nose to spite their face".

12 hours ago, retep said:

The UK hasn't exited yet.

It might not ever.

Just think of the outcry if we never get economic collapse and blue passports.

1 hour ago, Dardandec said:

As summed up by the generic angry red-faced middle aged white man interviewed by most TV programmes when it is pointed out how much damage will be done by leaving the EU without a deal replies. “I don’t really care how bad it is, I just want out!”

Brainwashed obsessives! 😱

On 31/05/2019 at 19:35, BigPP said:

The lesson of history is if we want to live in peace we need to treat our neighbours as friends, not foes, and to share sovereignty with them where it is agreed to do so.

For me this is more important than the undoubted economic benefits of EU membership.

The EU has made a major contribution to making conflict in Europe unthinkable but we must never take it for granted.

Long live the European Union.

The European parliament has voted to commit over €13 billion, taken from social projects, to a European Defence Fund. This will research and develop “cutting-edge” weapons and military technology - particularly unmanned and autonomous weapons of war. 

The international arms industry has massively supported the EU change of direction, and has been advising the EU to move into arms sales, militarism and war for some time.  Over 700 scientists and academics, mostly from EU member states, have signed an online statement which calls on the EU to stop funding military research through the EDF.

NO TO EU MILITARISM. NO TO AN EU ARMY.

Edited by Car Boot

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The European parliament has voted to commit over €13 billion, taken from social projects, to a European Defence Fund. This will research and develop “cutting-edge” weapons and military technology - particularly unmanned and autonomous weapons of war. 

The international arms industry has massively supported the EU change of direction, and has been advising the EU to move into arms sales, militarism and war for some time.  Over 700 scientists and academics, mostly from EU member states, have signed an online statement which calls on the EU to stop funding military research through the EDF.

What do you think about Trump sticking his nose into the domestic political affairs of the UK?

25 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

if we weren't leaving we might have been in a position to challenge that decision

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

To use the old saying - "they'd cut off their nose to spite their face".

You'd cut off your neighbours to save yours.

34 minutes ago, retep said:

You'd cut off your neighbours to save yours.

You really don't have an answer of worth to anything have you?

A proper brextremist