Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

26 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Churchill wrote on 15 February 1930:

“We have our own dream and our own task.  We are with Europe, but not of it.  We are linked but not combined. We are interested and associated but not absorbed.”

Just a pity the remoaners have little or no faith in our Country, unlike Winston.

Angel1.

The lesson of history is if we want to live in peace we need to treat our neighbours as friends, not foes, and to share sovereignty with them where it is agreed to do so.

For me this is more important than the undoubted economic benefits of EU membership.

The EU has made a major contribution to making conflict in Europe unthinkable but we must never take it for granted.

Long live the European Union.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Another poster who doesn't realise that the UK is part of the EU! 😱

This one realises quite well, and also realises it shouldn't be.

2 minutes ago, retep said:

This one realises quite well, 

So if you know that we are part of the EU, how can we be ruled by the EU? 🙄

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

So if you know that we are part of the EU, how can we be ruled by the EU? 🙄

We are a partner with a small share, if the other partners say no , they become the rulers.

If the UK is in charge of it's own destiny it has no rulers.

Just now, retep said:

If the UK is in charge of it's own destiny it has no rulers.

The Queen, the House of Lords, the Freemasons, the Institute of Directors, all have more say than you or I and you don’t seem to have a problem with that.

If the US Government wants to extradite a UK citizen to the US they simply have to make a request. If the UK wants to extradite a US citizen they have to show evidence which would lead to conviction and even then the US Government can refuse.

I don’t see you complaining about that.

48 minutes ago, retep said:

The disgrace is all yours, you are the ones who want to be ruled by the EU, the bill will be coming your way whether you want it or not, the more you delay the more it will cost.

What part of Churchill don't you understand, 

"We are with Europe, but not of it."

is a clue

Only to highlight that you've been played for a fool :hihi:

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

That is the problem, you read something, it may be true; it was probably that month or that quarter.

How many people will go and find the information for themselves?

Getting the figures from 2016 is without the spin. Can you or anyone else find the information for themselves?

I know I just read your post and thats why I want to know how you came up with "GDP growth since the referendum has been 3.1% higher in all the EU countries compared to just the UK."

You are the one stating it as a fact so you must know the source and if so then just post the link, its fairly easy to do.

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

I know I just read your post and thats why I want to know how you came up with "GDP growth since the referendum has been 3.1% higher in all the EU countries compared to just the UK."

You are the one stating it as a fact so you must know the source and if so then just post the link, its fairly easy to do.

If you read post 3368 and click on both links, that gives you the GDP growth for the EU and the UK, the added figures for the EU are 3.1% higher for the EU than the UK.

37 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The Queen, the House of Lords, the Freemasons, the Institute of Directors, all have more say than you or I and you don’t seem to have a problem with that.

If the US Government wants to extradite a UK citizen to the US they simply have to make a request. If the UK wants to extradite a US citizen they have to show evidence which would lead to conviction and even then the US Government can refuse.

I don’t see you complaining about that.

I have a vote as do all those eligible, collective power, those who think they have can be removed, they are only in position due to the people.

26 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Only to highlight that you've been played for a fool :hihi:

You are a supporter of a failing experiment, who's the fool.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

If you read post 3368 and click on both links, that gives you the GDP growth for the EU and the UK, the added figures for the EU are 3.1% higher for the EU than the UK.

Sorry, just seen the link. But the problem is that is the added figures, what you need to do is average it out over the same period which makes the EU an average of 0.48 higher and that is for the UK against the whole of the EU which skews the result as you are also comparing one country with 27 or maybe 28 in fact, as the EU collective growth rate would also include the UK. Now compare the same on a country to country basis and you will find it will be a lot different.

Lib Dems become most popular party.  Leave supporters still in a majority?

"Link"

12 hours ago, apelike said:

Sorry, just seen the link. But the problem is that is the added figures, what you need to do is average it out over the same period which makes the EU an average of 0.48 higher and that is for the UK against the whole of the EU which skews the result as you are also comparing one country with 27 or maybe 28 in fact, as the EU collective growth rate would also include the UK. Now compare the same on a country to country basis and you will find it will be a lot different.

I have added the figures up again, EU growth is still way higher than UK growth since 2016, that is the correct way to do it, not cherry-pick one month or quarter.