Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I know thats why I stated: "unless specified";)

So you accept that by doing that we will still be in part linked to the EU, thanks for clearing that up.

https://fullfact.org/economy/ten-things-know-about-economic-models/

I think banana coloured ones would be better provided they weren't bendy..

Well we’re like a banana republic now so let’s go for it

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The vote on May’s deal has been delayed until next month.

Poor dears need their Whitsun holiday break after all the hard work they've done in this Parliament.

2 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

There's another election today, so we can see if the pendulum has swung and the Remain supporting parties are now in a majority. It will act as a pseudo 2nd referendum.

This is nothing like a second referendum.The votes will be split in multiple directions ,I think there were around 8 options on our ballot paper,and regrettably I fear that Farage will attract some support at this banal level,though why he or his colleagues would wish to sit in a parliament that they are trying to destroy is contemptible.

What an embarrassment Farage is.

9 minutes ago, RJRB said:

This is nothing like a second referendum.The votes will be split in multiple directions ,I think there were around 8 options on our ballot paper,and regrettably I fear that Farage will attract some support at this banal level,though why he or his colleagues would wish to sit in a parliament that they are trying to destroy is contemptible.

Not as much as he will be yet, when his sanction to repay his misused MEP expenses gets confirmed (...like Marine Lepen's sanction, for identical misuse of EU expenses, was today: that'll be €300k to back pay, 'ta very much! no EU pension for you, Ma'am  :D)

Couldn't happen to nicer people :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

47 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Possibly, but not as much of an embarrassment as the many working class people who will vote for him.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Well it is, when it when one of the parties is called the brexit party and is polling at 35% , and the old guard parties wiped out.

Hopefully something good will come out of the decimation of the old school, and we will see them reshape.

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Possibly, but not as much of an embarrassment as the many working class people who will vote for him.

Contempt for the working class because they disobey the voting instructions of the ruling class.

How very Tony Blair/David Cameron.

5 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Contempt for the working class because they disobey the voting instructions of the ruling class.

How very Farage

6 hours ago, Car Boot said:

It's general contempt for any people with a different opinion, regardless of class.

The referendum hasn't been followed through, and it seems like this election will be ignored too.

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

It's general contempt for any people with a different opinion, regardless of class.

The referendum hasn't been followed through, and it seems like this election will be ignored too.

Why, are we not going to send any MEPs to Brussels? 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Why, are we not going to send any MEPs to Brussels? 

I mean terms of taking note of the result in terms of leave or remain parties. If remain parties have secured a majority of the vote, then a rethink or more compromise is needed.

What vote?   The EU vote or the local council elections vote we had only recently?

Even though the Tory party got decimated in the local elections and we saw a great surge in support for Lib Dem and the Greens all they understood from that was "The people want us to get on with Brexit".

Even if every single seat when to the Lib Dems the Torys would still say the same thing.