Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

In all the mountains written about Brexit, can somebody please explain in simple terms, just what May's deal consists of?

Bullet points will do.

Will we eventually have to join the Euro currency?

Will we regain control of immigration?

Will we regain our fishing rights?

Will we be free to trade under WTO rules with other countries?

Will we have to pay towards an EU army / defence system?

And so on. 

Why are so many MPs against it?

And why is May banging MPs round the head for a fourth time until they accept it?

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

In all the mountains written about Brexit, can somebody please explain in simple terms, just what May's deal consists of?

Bullet points will do.

Will we eventually have to join the Euro currency?

Will we regain control of immigration?

Will we regain our fishing rights?

Will we be free to trade under WTO rules with other countries?

Will we have to pay towards an EU army / defence system?

And so on. 

And why is May banging MPs round the head for a fourth time until they accept it?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/14/theresa-mays-brexit-deal-everything-you-need-to-know

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Many MPs are against it because it is a worse deal than we have now AND we will have no say in any of the rules and regulations that we will have to sign up to.

In short, it is a rubbish deal.

May is trying for a fourth time because each vote has got closer and closer and she thinks that if this continues it will eventually go through. What she doesn't seem to realise is that those on the bonkers wing of her party only supported her last time over fear of no-Brexit at all and any wavering Labour MPs who have had the possibility of a customs union solution taken away from them with the collapse of the inter party talks will definitely not be tempted to vote for her deal.

The most likely outcome is that her deal will fail by an even greater margin than last time.

27 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Many MPs are against it because it is a worse deal than we have now AND we will have no say in any of the rules and regulations that we will have to sign up to.

In short, it is a rubbish deal.

May is trying for a fourth time because each vote has got closer and closer and she thinks that if this continues it will eventually go through. What she doesn't seem to realise is that those on the bonkers wing of her party only supported her last time over fear of no-Brexit at all and any wavering Labour MPs who have had the possibility of a customs union solution taken away from them with the collapse of the inter party talks will definitely not be tempted to vote for her deal.

The most likely outcome is that her deal will fail by an even greater margin than last time.

My guess is, that if by some miracle it does get through, The EU apparachik will have us by the short and curlies, and we will suffer mightily for having the audacity to want to leave. We will be sitting ducks. Same applies if we remain.

And where's the sense in having to obey laws we had no hand in creating? No deal is better than a bad deal, as Theresa May once said.

Pure serfdom.

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Same applies if we remain.

How on earth do you work that out?

If we revoke Article 50 we remain on our existing terms, which everyone agrees are the best terms of any EU member.

46 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Thankyou for that Melthebell, but I still can't find answers to my questions.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If we revoke Article 50 we remain on our existing terms, which everyone agrees are the best terms of any EU member.

Do you honestly think we will be welcomed back on the same terms? There are many interesting ways of putting the boot in, and you can bet the EU knows them all..

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Do you honestly think we will be welcomed back on the same terms? There are many interesting ways of putting the boot in, and you can bet the EU knows them all..

Without a shadow of a doubt, for the sake of putting the Brexit genie firmly back in its populist box.

Notwithstanding that, legally speaking, there's nothing in the EU statutes for the EU27 to use against the UK (as a 'never-actually-left' returnee) to begin with.

But by all means, feel free to enlighten me about that 'boot' you are on about, as you seem to know better.

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

My guess is, that if by some miracle it does get through, The EU apparachik will have us by the short and curlies, and we will suffer mightily for having the audacity to want to leave. We will be sitting ducks. Same applies if we remain.

And where's the sense in having to obey laws we had no hand in creating? No deal is better than a bad deal, as Theresa May once said.

Pure serfdom.

If we remain, how can our trading partners in a trading block that we are in - and we have opt outs and vetoes, hurt us?

Did you think about what you typed or did the cat jump on the keyboard in a very specific way?

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Anna means well (I mean that)...but she was taken in by Farage & Co. hook, line, sinker and fishing trawler ages ago.

You'll have quite the uphill struggle, getting some objectivity about the EU out of her ;)

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Thankyou for that Melthebell, but I still can't find answers to my questions.

Of course they know most of the answers, they're in the driving seat, and most importantly nothing is changing for them. We revert to being a trading rival like Canada or Japan or Bangladesh and we negotiate- over many many years - accordingly.

But we would be the only country on the planet who only deals in WTO rules. 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And what happened to our 'existing terms' and rights within the EU, right after we voted to leave? 

I remember vividly the meeting, when May attended the typical, ostentatious, silly amount of courses, lavish dinner and wine fest, and then immediately after, they completely turned their backs on her and locked her out of the following talks surrounding Brexit.  And that was while we had all our existing rights!  At that very moment, May should have said, if I'm not allowed to be present for the talks effecting the UK, and am being treated like an outsider, then, we stop giving the EU money, there and then. 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Of course they know most of the answers, they're in the driving seat, and most importantly nothing is changing for them. We revert to being a trading rival like Canada or Japan or Bangladesh and we negotiate- over many many years - accordingly.

But we would be the only country on the planet who only deals in WTO rules. 

Everything is changing for them.  There is increasing dissatisfaction amongst the peoples of all member states, especially now the EU Army plan is in motion. 

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Anna means well (I mean that)...but she was taken in by Farage & Co. hook, line, sinker and fishing trawler ages ago.

You'll have quite the uphill struggle, getting some objectivity about the EU out of her ;)

I love it when you're so condescending.  It does wonders for Monsieur Farage.