Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

8 hours ago, Dardandec said:

They wont be bothered, they will just blame everybody else, probably the remainers.

Came to this conclusion ages ago. All the consequences will be the fault of remainers and the EU.

When some leavers said they would happily lose their jobs, and were happy to see their kids’ lose their jobs too if it meant leaving the EU they really meant it.

Nothing will be bad enough to shake them away from this. They passionately want Brexit even though Farage - who should not what it is - can’t even tell them what it is.

8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

None of them had the power to do anything.  

David Davies absolutely did and screwed it up royally. He was unprepared, unrealistic, out of his depth and burnt through 18 months of negotiating time. No wonder May took the reigns.

8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

None of them had the power to do anything.  

Brexiteers were in-charge of the negotiations at every stage over the first 2 years.

Nothing to do with any lack of power, more a case of unicorns promised during the referendum don't exist! :roll:

Just watched a number of candidates being interviewed on Look North from the various parties taking part in the European elections.  They were all focusing on the environment & those calling for a 2nd referendum or the revocation of Article 50, such as the Lib Dems, Greens, Change UK, were concerned at how devistating it will be if the UK left the EU as both the environment & air quality will suffer as the UK won't be covered by the EU legislation that has been in place for years, which protects us. 

Fast forward a few minutes in the same story & we learn that the UK is being taken to court by the EU for breaking air quality rules. 

We that piece of EU law seems to be effective doesn't it? 

Good to see the government not capitulating and giving them a bailout. Failing companies should be allowed to collapse. 

Only a a matter of time though for British Steel.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/16/british-steel-plans-at-present-to-pay-workers-as-normal-in-may

Brexit isn’t going to save it. Far from it. 

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just watched a number of candidates being interviewed on Look North from the various parties taking part in the European elections.  They were all focusing on the environment & those calling for a 2nd referendum or the revocation of Article 50, such as the Lib Dems, Greens, Change UK, were concerned at how devistating it will be if the UK left the EU as both the environment & air quality will suffer as the UK won't be covered by the EU legislation that has been in place for years, which protects us. 

Fast forward a few minutes in the same story & we learn that the UK is being taken to court by the EU for breaking air quality rules. 

We that piece of EU law seems to be effective doesn't it? 

Believe it or not, Uk government (and companies) make an effort to comply with eu air regulations. How much effort do you think theyll make with those regulations in place? Our beaches and rivers are cleaner as a result of eu regs as well. I’m sure water companies won’t be sad to see the back of them.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Believe it or not, Uk government (and companies) make an effort to comply with eu air regulations. How much effort do you think theyll make with those regulations in place? Our beaches and rivers are cleaner as a result of eu regs as well. I’m sure water companies won’t be sad to see the back of them.

Legislation wise nothing will change regarding environmental legislation after we leave the EU, in fact with the increasing political influence of the Green Party & younger voters taking a greater interest in environmental matters, none of the 3 main parties would be stupid to change or water down the current laws as it would be political suicide.  Just look how the support disappeared for the Lib Dems when they went into coalition with the Tories & back tracked on student fees.  A decade on, despite Vince Cable trying convince the electorate, the Lib Dems still haven't truly recovered. 

Even with Brexit, expect UK environmental legislation to eventually be even tougher. 

I will leave it there.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Legislation wise nothing will change regarding environmental legislation after we leave the EU, in fact with the increasing political influence of the Green Party & younger voters taking a greater interest in environmental matters, none of the 3 main parties would be stupid to change or water down the current laws as it would be political suicide.  Just look how the support disappeared for the Lib Dems when they went into coalition with the Tories & back tracked on student fees.  A decade on, despite Vince Cable trying convince the electorate, the Lib Dems still haven't truly recovered. 

Even with Brexit, expect UK environmental legislation to eventually be even tougher. 

Hang about, I thought one of the reasons we were leaving the EU was to cut through all the environmental red tape? We might sign up to a paris-agreement sort of thing but given trump binned it, I don't expect one any time soon.

14 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I will leave it there.

Angel1.

"Posted by Traditional Britain Group - Under Attack".  What's that all about?

Edited by Mister Gee

57 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:
I will leave it there.

Angel1.

This country cannot afford to leave on a no deal mate, even the government realise that now that the "Easiest deal in history" isn't, and never was going to be possible. I've said it numerous times on the consequence threads, it just isn't happening.

If you Brexiteer's feel so strongly about leaving on a no deal, sell you're houses, give up you're pensions/wages and pay for it. Or is it a case of I want it but someone else has to pay? I already know the answer to that. 

Edit, forgot to mention that David Cameron also said "If you want out of the European Union, I will bring us out" Then gone next day, so your video is flawed like the rest of the leave campaign. ;)

Edited by Dardandec
Added info