Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

23 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Brexit wont put my lifestyle at risk what so ever. A few quid on the weekly shop isnt an issue , a few pence on the price of fuel , not a problem . Its a small price to pay for getting the hell out of the grasp of the foreigners in Brussels.  

Bolsover is the perfect example of this. They voted by over 70% to Leave the EU , and Labour lost half of their seats there yesterday ,and lost control of a council they have controlled for over 40 years. 

Says the bloke who openly boasts about buying bootleg fags and knock off fuel!

35 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Brexit wont put my lifestyle at risk what so ever. A few quid on the weekly shop isnt an issue , a few pence on the price of fuel , not a problem . Its a small price to pay for getting the hell out of the grasp of the foreigners in Brussels.  

Bolsover is the perfect example of this. They voted by over 70% to Leave the EU , and Labour lost half of their seats there yesterday ,and lost control of a council they have controlled for over 40 years. 

I would hope that the majority of Brexit supporters voted to leave because they had some belief that there would be benefits.Perhaps financial or possibly immigration control.

The truth should now be more obvious and there are many out there who also can stand a few quid on their bills.

There are also others who rely on their jobs to pay the rent and mortgage.

You are not alone with your Brexit at any cost stance,but what thought process brings you to such a position baffles me.

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

Using your logic everyone who didn't vote in the referendum would have voted stay.

I don't think that you understand what logic is, do you?

We are in the EU and have been for decades. When the  electorate was asked in 2016 if they wanted to stay or leave, only 36% bothered to vote to leave the EU. It is irrelevant how the 38% who didn't vote would have voted. To say that Brexit is the will of the majority or the will of the people is a logical nonsense! 🙄

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I think that report states "Some companies have started to “re-route their supply chains away from the UK in advance of Brexit”, 

Some of the other reports compiled by the same author, Rob Dobson have also been criticised as being at odds with the data especially his PMI report in January about a looming manufacturing recession within a few months.

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

To say that Brexit is the will of the majority or the will of the people is a logical nonsense! 🙄

True but it was the will of the majority of those that voted, and that is all that counts in an election or referendum.

Edited by apelike

59 minutes ago, apelike said:

True but it was the will of the majority of those that voted, and that is all that counts in an election or referendum.

The majority gain in the last local election is against Brexit, or at least against the handling of Tory-Brexit. Your view?

Lib Dems were the most successful party by a long chalk, Pro E U. party.

Makes you think.

26 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

The majority gain in the last local election is against Brexit, or at least against the handling of Tory-Brexit. Your view?

My view is that its too early to say what the reasoning is but no doubt there will be a poll sometime soon. It could well be that its not anti-brexit at all and down to the handling and time taken to actually leave that caused that. The next test will be the EU elections.

20 minutes ago, Padders said:

Lib Dems were the most successful party by a long chalk, Pro E U. party.

Makes you think.

They normally pick up votes in local elections when people are dissatisfied and there is not much to chose from outside the main parties.

Edited by apelike

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

They normally pick up votes in local elections when people are dissatisfied and there is not much to chose from outside the main parties.

They did"nt just pick up votes though,  they decimated the other parties.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

That's why we need a hard Lexit NOW.

The chance of Corbyn being elected PM on a hard brexit manifesto is zero.

26 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

The majority gain in the local elections was nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with voting against the two main parties for failing to take us out of the EU.

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

The majority gain in the local elections was nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with voting against the two main parties for failing to take us out of the EU.

:huh: Well then it"s everything to do with Brexit.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

:huh: Well then it"s everything to do with Brexit.

Yup... the logic is strong here???