Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

5 hours ago, Car Boot said:

No I didn't. You have a very short memory.

A Remain supporting forum contributor known as 'The Joker' regularly posted about Leave voting pensioners hopefully, in his view, being killed by cold weather. Because they deserved it for being Brexiters.

I can corroborate this. I won't let Joker forget what he had put despite him deleting the original post. 

34 minutes ago, apelike said:

So you are saying the ONS data is wrong?

The overall death rate is just that overall. What you need to factor in and understand as the figures show is that the majority of those deaths in the over 65 age group occur in the 80-90+ age group and you also need to look further at why that is. The figures also show that there has been a steady decline from 2016 in the death rate until the age of 85+.

Without knowing what units the data is in it's pretty impossible to tell what they represent. Quoting data in isolation of its context like that makes it meaningless. Perhaps you should post a link to the ONS data so people can look for themselves.

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I can corroborate this. I won't let Joker forget what he had put despite him deleting the original post. 

So one poster saying it means that all remainers think it.

I’d check your logic there. It seems suspect.

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Look at any of them. Opinium etc...

Remain is clearly ahead.

You didn't read my post. Only elections are a reflection of how people vote, not polls by biased pollsters.

How accurate were the polls before the referendum?

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

So one poster saying it means that all remainers think it.

I’d check your logic there. It seems suspect.

I haven't said that. Someone was questioning the existence of Jokers post and I'm corroborating it. 

Stop looking for arguments

Just now, Gormenghast said:

You didn't read my post. Only elections are a reflection of how people vote, not polls by biased pollsters.

How accurate were the polls before the referendum?

Knew you would ask that so it’s already been answered. Do you want to talk about the targeted adverts, illegal spending and lies from the leave campaigns

Just now, Delayed said:

I haven't said that. Someone was questioning the existence of Jokers post and I'm corroborating it. 

Stop looking for arguments

If you don’t think that great and glad you understand why that argument would be flawed. I’d like to see the original post though. When was it made?

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Knew you would ask that so it’s already been answered. Do you want to talk about the targeted adverts, illegal spending and lies from the leave campaigns

If you don’t think that great and glad you understand why that argument would be flawed. I’d like to see the original post though. When was it made?

I can't provide it as it has since been deleted but it was made last year and I have referenced it in some of my previous posts

38 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Remain weren't any better. They were fined too.

See FT 19 Dec. 2017

Edited by Gormenghast

3 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

Remain weren't any better. They were fined too.

See FT 19 Dec. 2017

Weren’t any better? That’s not true is it?

Shall we do a comparison of the respective fines, investigations etc...

33 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Yes please

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Breaking the law is still breaking the law, however big or small the fines were.

1 hour ago, Gormenghast said:

Breaking the law is still breaking the law, however big or small the fines were.

Really? The two campaigns were not remotely on the same level in terms of illegality. Or lies. Or false promises.

You know it