Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

5 hours ago, melthebell said:

But will never have it as good as we have now so is a nonsense argument

You might have it good now, millions don't.

That's why 17.4 million people voted to change the UK.

The working class are fed up of the ruling class telling them how good they have it and to support a status quo which has failed so many.

Edited by Car Boot

46 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

You might have it good now, millions don't.

That's why 17.4 million people voted to change the UK.

The working class are fed up of the ruling class telling them how good they have it and to support a status quo which has failed so many.

Oh give over

Fwiw, i agree with Mr boot. For millions of people, their lives are crap, and getting crapper.

I can understand why so many people grasped the opportunity to kick the government.

However, anyone who thinks leaving the EU will improve anything is heading for disappointment.

2 minutes ago, ads36 said:

Fwiw, i agree with Mr boot. For millions of people, their lives are crap, and getting crapper.

I can understand why so many people grasped the opportunity to kick the government.

However, anyone who thinks leaving the EU will improve anything is heading for disappointment.

Exactly

This is why my Change UK-TIG party will not be forming a ‘pro-Remain alliance’ for the European elections

By Chuka Umunna.

"The truth is there is already a grassroots, Remain alliance –Change UK-TIG is it."

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-european-elections-mep-change-uk-the-independent-group-remain-leave-alliance-a8881306.html

Of course the real reason these Blairites wouldn't form an alliance with other Remain parties is because their main aim is to get rid of Corbyn, and Chuka has set himself up as a Blairite style New Labour leader. 

Heidi Allen MP, a member of Change UK-TIG, has stated that they would support May if she faced a no confidence vote in Parliament. Gavin Shuker MP, another TIGger,  has stated that the TIGs could replace the DUP as the government's 'prop up' partner. 

None of these Remainers want a 'People's Vote' in their own constituencies but demand another referendum on the EU.

How many Remainers on here will be voting for them at the EU elections?

Edited by Car Boot

Heidi Allen MP is claiming that Change UK-TIG is the "Natural home of the Remain Alliance". After Change UK-TIG opposed an alliance!

A Liberal Democrat spokesperson said they had made overtures to Change UK-TIG to join forces but there had been no interest.

Are Remainers deliberately trying to minimise the number of seats they could win on May 23rd?

Edited by Car Boot

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Of course the real reason these Blairites wouldn't form an alliance with other Remain parties is because their main aim is to get rid of Corbyn,  

is that such a bad thing?

Heidi Allen MP, a member of Change UK-TIG, has stated that they would support May if she faced a no confidence vote in Parliament. Gavin Shuker MP, another TIGger,  has stated that the TIGs could replace the DUP as the government's 'prop up' partner. 

Again, would that be such a bad thing? 

I might, or I might vote green or labour

haven't decided yet

Are Remainers deliberately trying to minimise the number of seats they could win on May 23rd?

i imagine the party is wanting to establish itself as a viable entity, deals and pacts don't necessarily help to do that,

This is why my Change UK-TIG party will not be forming a ‘pro-Remain alliance’ for the European elections

By Chuka Umunna.

"The truth is there is already a grassroots, Remain alliance –Change UK-TIG is it."

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-european-elections-mep-change-uk-the-independent-group-remain-leave-alliance-a8881306.html

Of course the real reason these Blairites wouldn't form an alliance with other Remain parties is because their main aim is to get rid of Corbyn, and Chuka has set himself up as a Blairite style New Labour leader. 

None of these Remainers want a 'People's Vote' in their own constituencies but demand another referendum on the EU.

Agree with you on the , Chuka  setting himself up as Blairite style Labour leader bit .  Playing the smarmy nice guy  part to a T

I’ll be voting Green as I have since 2010, but in upcoming elections as I live in a Labour area that is dependent on Labour’s stance on Brexit. If needed I will vote tactically to make sure Labour doesn’t win or at least gets a serious mauling.

For the local election I've looked at the previous result, Green came 2nd, with LD 3rd (Labour winning as you'd expect), so I've voted green as a tactical option and encouraged my friends to do the same.

54 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

For the local election I've looked at the previous result, Green came 2nd, with LD 3rd (Labour winning as you'd expect), so I've voted green as a tactical option and encouraged my friends to do the same.

Agree with the sentiment here. No point voting for the party you want if they never have a chance of getting in. I will go for the party best placed to defeat an incumbent if I no longer support them. 

I couldn't bring myself to vote tactically for the Conservatives mind, but Green are close enough in policy to LD for my conscience to be clear.