Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

Changing to what?

Epic trolling by the way

Here we go, somehow when someone disagrees with the standard view on here they re called a troll, try debating the post and not the poster, read the mods message at the top of the page.

16 minutes ago, Magilla said:

It's not without some irony that I see you pointed out the EU is already taking the steps to mitigate Russia's energy influence, as time passes, their threats become less potent.

Hmmm...  that seems to be highlighting how much more vulnerable the UK will be on it's own and how dependant we are on the EU for transit of our gas :roll:

How does being at the end of a long chain, the last in the line, help the UK post Brexit?

We are already there, our gas supply is diverse and the Russians cutting off the supply would be manageable for us. We produce half of our own which we'd increase, and we get gas from Norway and Oman, we've prepared. Goes back to the 80's where Reagan saw it coming and they've done nothing about it, unlike us, despite of the EU.

Look how many of the member states are 100% dependant on Russian gas.

30 minutes ago, Magilla said:

You just described Brexit to a tee.. you know that right? :hihi:

Since the NKs economy is strangled to the tune of over 1/1000th of their closest neighbour, largely keeping them in their box, it's certainly not "not working" either :roll:

How about Iran?

The same people Brexit, or any consequences that result from not abiding by our commitments, will hurt! :hihi:

Hence, we'll be paying that £39bn.. which was the point originally made :?

How about it,

"Europe sets up Iran trade mechanism to bypass US sanctions"

https://www.france24.com/en/20190201-europe-eu-sets-iran-trade-mechanism-bypass-usa-sanctions-instex

3 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Here we go, somehow when someone disagrees with the standard view on here they re called a troll, try debating the post and not the poster, read the mods message at the top of the page.

What else are you doing then?  

Now, answer my question. What is this new world order? And how does making the U.K.  into an international pariah state fit in with it?

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Maybe I should have said their smaller neighbour, which only magnifies how effective those sanctions really are. Thanks for making my point for me! :hihi:

NK is in the state it is because of sanctions? 

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

What else are you doing then?  

Now, answer my question. What is this new world order? And how does making the U.K.  into an international pariah state fit in with it?

I'll answer your question when you apologise and withdraw the trolling accusation. Otherwise you can go converse with someone else.

20 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

NK is in the state it is because of sanctions? 

I'll answer your question when you apologise and withdraw the trolling accusation. Otherwise you can go converse with someone else.

Ok, fine with me. I’m calling out what I’m seeing as your posts are so off the scale they can only be intended to provoke a reaction.

No serious or credible politician in this country from the far right to the far left would want to turn the U.K. into an international pariah state. And none would threaten military action against the EU. 

Just reflect on that last paragraph. Then once you comprehend the utter ridiculousness of what you are posting you can answer my question in due course.

10 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Ok, fine with me. I’m calling out what I’m seeing as your posts are so off the scale they can only be intended to provoke a reaction.

No serious or credible politician in this country from the far right to the far left would want to turn the U.K. into an international pariah state. And none would threaten military action against the EU. 

Just reflect on that last paragraph. Then once you comprehend the utter ridiculousness of what you are posting you can answer my question in due course.

Is that an apology and a withdrawal?

53 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

We are already there, our gas supply is diverse and the Russians cutting off the supply would be manageable for us. We produce half of our own which we'd increase, and we get gas from Norway and Oman, we've prepared. Goes back to the 80's where Reagan saw it coming and they've done nothing about it, unlike us, despite of the EU.

Look how many of the member states are 100% dependant on Russian gas.

Have you seen how much shale gas and oil the USA now produces..? It is almost entirely self sufficient in gas.

16 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Have you seen how much shale gas and oil the USA now produces..? It is almost entirely self sufficient in gas.

Yes, and I think our government see's this as the way to go. The Canadians seem to have mastered the extraction of crude from sands now as well. You cannot rely on things like gas from people like Russia.

Not sure about the storage of LNG in his country but I know it is substantial, there was quite a lot of infrastructure invested in SW Wales and pipelines laid to facilitate moving the gas into the distribution network. The gas is brought into the UK mainly from Oman I think by tanker.

Edited by Bash Street

30 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Is that an apology and a withdrawal?

Nope, I think you are posting extreme and unreasonable views to provoke reactions from other posters.

If you can’t see how arguing that we threaten military action against the EU, or that we turn the the U.K. into an international pariah state is trolling then I can’t help you.

There is nothing for me to apologise for.

2 hours ago, Bash Street said:

LOL, yeah, remember that, EU says we are going to impose sanctions, Russia says, OK, we'll start by turning your gas supply off.

So what can the U.K. do in retaliation? Oh yes, we’ll cut off the financial services the EU is already moving to continental Europe. Oh right. About that 🤨

5 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

So what can the U.K. do in retaliation? Oh yes, we’ll cut off the financial services the EU is already moving to continental Europe. Oh right. About that 🤨

We don't need Russian gas, the EU does. You have to be in a position of strength and the EU isn't.

As for the finance sector moving to the continent, let them, although it's not happening is it, just project fear from the MSM who want to control how people think.

16 hours ago, melthebell said:

There is no getting it back, there is no money tree, what about all the trade we lose? all the businesses leaving? all the GDP the government AND OUR ECONOMY will lose?

what if the economy gets smaller, jobs dry up, people cant afford houses, rent, food? what if people are thrown on the streets?

dont YOU have any common sense?

All the terrible things that you mention - such as people not being able to afford houses, rent and food. People being thrown onto the streets. All these things are happening NOW while we have our EU membership. Being a member state certainly hasn't prevented these things from happening over the last 45 years. Why do you believe that keeping our EU membership will prevent them happening in the future?

There is only one institution which has, historically, been able to most effectively help the poor in society - the democratic state. Read about it. The EU is not a democratic institution. It is a network of national governments who have deliberately retreated from their own populations so that they can make closed, secretive agreements among themselves.